PDA

View Full Version : WATER LEVEL

TANG-INATOR
04-03-2003, 08:11 AM
ANYONE KNOW IF THE LEVEL IS BACK UP TO NORMAL?....ROB

Blown 472
04-03-2003, 08:13 AM
TANG-INATOR:
ANYONE KNOW IF THE LEVEL IS BACK UP TO NORMAL?....ROB Looks pretty good on the river where I live, course we are getting rain so it will come up some. What water are you talking bout??? :D

Sangster
04-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Auhhhhh....Water is always LEVEL... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blown 472
04-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Sangster:
Auhhhhh....Water is always LEVEL... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Not in a calibrated tube, forget the name but it actually climbs the side of the glass.
I think it is called a miscus, more stupid triva shit.
[ April 03, 2003, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Cole
04-03-2003, 08:21 AM
Where??
lake Elsinore,river,havasu,nile,ocean?? :D Cole

uvindex
04-03-2003, 08:28 AM
From www.dictionary.com... (http://www.dictionary.com...) :)
me·nis·cus
A crescent-shaped body.
A concavo-convex lens.
The curved upper surface of a nonturbulent liquid in a container that is concave if the liquid wets the container walls and convex if it does not.
A cartilage disk that acts as a cushion between the ends of bones that meet in a joint.

beached 1
04-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Rob's from redlands? Wassup neighbor?
You must be talking about the Colorado River? I hear it's about normal level for this time of year.

Sangster
04-03-2003, 08:36 AM
idea I'm thinkin' that in a deal like a "WATER LEVEL" as posted, that the water on oneside would be the same elevation as the otherside.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

uvindex
04-03-2003, 09:44 AM
WATER LEVEL as posted, that the water on oneside would be the same elevation as the otherside.You're right, it is. :) I think Blown was just funnin' ya about the meniscus thing (fill a glass of water to the brim -- the surface of the water isn't flat, it extends beyond the top of the glass in a curve thingie (meniscus), right?
Happy boating,
CS

TANG-INATOR
04-04-2003, 01:39 PM
BEACHED1, SUP ENIGHBOR!!....GUYS I MEANT THE COLORADO RIVER!...FROM LAUGHLIN TO HAVASU....LAST I HEARD IT WAS REALLY LOW AND SOME BOATS/PONTOONS WERE SITTIN ON THE GROUND.....ROB

TANG-INATOR
04-04-2003, 01:40 PM
ISNT THERE A WEBSITE FOR WATER LEVELS?

dkreuzen
04-04-2003, 03:39 PM
The water is about 4 feet down now. Not good for launching. The neighbor said the marina was down to two lanes at the ramp.
There are the predicted water levels. Water Levels (http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/)
Dennis

bigboy78
04-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Still way down, cut my vaction short because of the level. I launched at Havasu Springs on Thursday and as soon as you hit the water you go a couple feet and boom you drop off, hitting the rock and dirt. When I went to pull my boat out I scraped the trailer on the edge of the cement ramp,not bad just enough to piss you off. Between that, the flat tire on the way up, 71 degrees,the wind (making it a little colder), and a blowen fuse on the trim motor with no fuses, I went home. Oh well at least its nice and clean back up in storage waiting for me to come back up, when it gets warmer and the water level goes up.

Hallett19
04-05-2003, 02:09 PM
WTS??!?! I heard the water levels were almost up to normal ? Guess they were wrong ...