PDA

View Full Version : Trailer painting in SoCal.

dmontzsta
08-17-2003, 05:32 PM
anyone have an idea of what it would cost? It is approx. 18', just a standard one color and maybe some slight re-inforcement.

buck183
08-17-2003, 08:10 PM
I can't answer your question, but I do have an idea for ya.
Have you thought about getting it powder coated? Think about it...baked on, hard glossy finish that's tougher than paint. Looks great! Unlimited color options. Not very expensive.
I just priced having my 30' trailer powder coated and I was really surprised at the price I was given. I agreed to remove all hardware. (leave the axles on, he said no problem there) I also agreed to have it sandblasted when I delivered it to him. The sandblasting wouldn't cost me more than $100. The powder coating was quoted over the phone at around $350.
Think about it...ya never know?
Buck

DickDanger
08-17-2003, 08:26 PM
I will be getting mine powdercoated this winter, and am going to have Advanced Finishing in Riverside do the work. They have done pieces for me before, and do a great job. Give them a try...-DD Out

gigamurph
08-17-2003, 09:15 PM
How long is powder coatin' good for? That sounds like a good idea if the cost isn't prohibitive. Wassup DD? :D
I meant; Wassup ED(Endangered Dick)? :p
[ August 17, 2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]

ACCEPTENCE
08-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Powder coating is the way to go!!!
But where do I get a 32 foot trailer done and who has an oven that big??? Dosen't need sandblasting, it's brand new steel.
Southern Calif area.
Any direction would be appreciated.

dmontzsta
08-17-2003, 10:10 PM
DickDanger:
I will be getting mine powdercoated this winter, and am going to have Advanced Finishing in Riverside do the work. They have done pieces for me before, and do a great job. Give them a try...-DD Out do you have their info?
I am in Riverside and would love to get a quote.
Thanks.