PDA

View Full Version : Diesel at Terribles

INSman
03-20-2006, 07:41 AM
I think I got some bad fuel leaving town on Sunday morning, as my truck ran like absolute shit all the way home.. :mad: Anyone else have the same problem :confused:

NOTALENT
03-20-2006, 07:41 AM
I know there were problems with this last summer....well quite a few times...there should be some threads if you do a search...there kinda known for this...

INSman
03-20-2006, 07:48 AM
I know there were problems with this last summer....well quite a few times...there should be some threads if you do a search...there kinda known for this...
I thought that thread was more about "heating" of fuel to make it seem like you were getting more fuel than you really were, this was just "crap" fuel, I think :220v:

NOTALENT
03-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I thought that thread was more about "heating" of fuel to make it seem like you were getting more fuel than you really were, this was just "crap" fuel, I think :220v:
There was that as well....I had a bad tank from them last year...Regualr gas....needed all new fuel injectors...it was probably time anyway...but not how I wanted to spend $700 bucks... :cry:
At least my boat isnt having problems this year.... :p :rollside:

Hallett
03-20-2006, 08:13 AM
They get the same fuel as supper fuel across the
street & i know there fuel is crap. i got some one
time there and had to add some conditioner .
i will never get fuel there again.

INSman
03-20-2006, 08:39 AM
street & i know there fuel is crap. i got some one
time there and had to add some conditioner .
i will never get fuel there again.
How long did it take to run through and be back to normal, diesel right ??

MONEYFURNOTHIN
03-20-2006, 08:41 AM
If its a ford there is a water seperator on the frame right about the drivers side door. go under there and crack it and let a gallon or so run out into a can.

INSman
03-20-2006, 08:42 AM
If its a ford there is a water seperator on the frame right about the drivers side door. go under there and crack it and let a gallon or so run out into a can.
GMC ..

HOT ROD HOOLIGAN
03-20-2006, 08:50 AM
NO YOU KNOW HOW THEY GOT THE NAME "TERRIBLES" DESCRIBES THEIR FUEL. :crossx:

INSman
03-20-2006, 08:57 AM
NO YOU KNOW HOW THEY GOT THE NAME "TERRIBLES" DESCRIBES THEIR FUEL. :crossx:
Wouldn't have been as bad if I wasn't towing, but I was !! :mad: :mad:

riverracerx
03-20-2006, 09:01 AM
I think Tremor Therapy had an issue with them last year. had some major problems with their diesel .

SummitKarl
03-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Terribles is normally very good, it's Super Fuels you need to watch out for,,,many many complaints and ruined fuel pumps... from folks in town.
if you want to play it safe for gas/fuel in this town....I use "Parker oil products" at the corner of Acoma and Kiowa AVE.. (lake side of the highway), self serve pumps only no store or attendant...only thing out of the ordinary for me there was, I once got a load of HOT!!! 110oct, made my car idle up to 1400 from it usual 1100 on 110 oct.....but boy that was one fun tank of gas :)

MONEYFURNOTHIN
03-20-2006, 09:13 AM
GMC ..
Im sure gmc has the same thing. get out your owners manual and brouse through it, its happend to me and was a quick fix. Also on the fords there is a light on the dash that lets you know you have water in the fuel. Check out your manual. Good luck

Tremor Therapy
03-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I think Tremor Therapy had an issue with them last year. had some major problems with their diesel .
Yes...I got a very shitty tank of fuel! I filled up at home and the truck ran like a trooper all the way to the zoo. I filled up the boat and the truck once there, and the truck ended up DOA! I had the tank drained and changed all filters, but it ran like crap! I ended up filling up at a station on the north side of town, added some diesel doctor and some other additives and I got home, but it did not run right until after the next fill up. That was the end of the cheap diesel for me, I went to Chevron from then on, and had zero issues with fuel.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-20-2006, 10:13 AM
GMC ..
Found your problem!! :rollside:

SummitKarl
03-20-2006, 10:24 AM
GMC ..
so your saying "THE ESTROGEN MOBILE" was on the Rag...LOL :p

Kilrtoy
03-20-2006, 11:38 AM
does your truck have a RAYLAR too... Just kidding

selfmade
03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Wow Ins I Filled Up There This Morning And I Felt Like My Truck Didnt Run Right Until About Half A Tank Left I Stopped And Refueled And The Rest Of The Trip Was Fine. Kinda Makes Me Wonder I Think I Might Stick To The Big Names From Now On

INSman
03-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Found your problem!! :rollside:
No way focker, let's run em' !!!!!!! :)
when my truck has recovered of course :220v:

INSman
03-20-2006, 02:46 PM
killing me :220v: :)
p.s. What do you have personally against Raylar ??

Kilrtoy
03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
I have nothing against them

KACHINA KEN
03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
The Herbst are good folks and avid boaters, put in a call to corporate and they will take care of you. One of the delivery drivers swapped fuel last summer (diesel in a gas tank if I recall ) and they took care of it for all who were affected. The Herbst will be at Desert Storm this year, I want to check out the paint on the 46 up close, looks sick.

KACHINA KEN
03-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Corporate # 702-740-4576

voodoomedman
03-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Ever notice how some Terribles are Chevron's and some are not branded. The one at the 95 and the 40 is a Chevron. The one by the bridge is not. I would venture to say that even though they may not be intentionally putting crappy gas in your tank then sometimes whoever they buy from gives em crap and then they go after them for it. When the fill up the Chevron stations that gas is controlled by Chevron. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

INSman
03-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Ever notice how some Terribles are Chevron's and some are not branded. The one at the 95 and the 40 is a Chevron. The one by the bridge is not. I would venture to say that even though they may not be intentionally putting crappy gas in your tank then sometimes whoever they buy from gives em crap and then they go after them for it. When the fill up the Chevron stations that gas is controlled by Chevron. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The diesel I am talking about was from the Chevron Terribles... :220v:

franky
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Wow, beat me to it!!!!!!! But the Raylar crowd is a stronger cult than DCB. No matter what, they will not say anything negative about them. No hating just fact.

voodoomedman
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
The diesel I am talking about was from the Chevron Terribles... :220v:
My theory no worky now. How about this. Maybe gopher's underneath the ground switched the hose to run to the Pilot next door and you got some of the heated diesel. :D

INSman
03-20-2006, 04:46 PM
My theory no worky now. How about this. Maybe gopher's underneath the ground switched the hose to run to the Pilot next door and you got some of the heated diesel. :D
I did buy some diesel at Terribles that is the non Chevron the day before though, so who knows :220v:

INSman
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Wow, beat me to it!!!!!!! But the Raylar crowd is a stronger cult than DCB. No matter what, they will not say anything negative about them. No hating just fact.
Let me say this as strongly as I can...
" If I was not happy with my twin Raylar 600 project, I would have NO problem posting it on these boards". In the end, the project took longer than expected, cost more than I expected and included parts from various people like yourself, but the boat is now performing ABOVE my expectations. The very last piece is installing a pair of IMCO -2 shortie lowers and play with some props to maybe get more out of her.

phebus
03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Man, this thread went south. From bad fuel to Raylar. :argue:

INSman
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Man, this thread went south. From bad fuel to Raylar. :argue:
Tell me about it Rick :messedup: :hammerhea

Ziggy
03-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I have NOT had bad fuel from Smith's Fuel station...and I saved .10c per gal because we'd bought our groceries there. Been satisfied with Smiths.
HAven't used Terribles in a while but seemed to have good luck with them when I did......can happen to any station if its contaminated coming off the truck.....branded or not I've seen it happen.
Ray Lars sounds like a Swedish dude :p

Havasu Cig
03-20-2006, 05:24 PM
If it's water it is probably a problem with the tanks at the station. If it has been raining out there this is definitely a possibilty. Before we got our new lids we used to have to cover them with mats when it rained because they will leak into the tanks. They should have sensors that warn them, but I have seen some pretty screwed up stuff at stations in Arizon, so I don't think they are regulated as closely as California.
P.S. I would not run gas from Smiths supermarket in my boat, but that's just me. :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Did you guys hear about the time a couple years ago that Terribles accidentally switch diesel and gas in the tanks in the ground?

Havasu Cig
03-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Did you guys hear about the time a couple years ago that Terribles accidentally switch diesel and gas in the tanks in the ground?
A friend that used to tow boats for a living had this happen to him at Loto. He was stranded out there for two weeks while they replaced injectors and some other stuff on his Powerstroke. Ended up blowing all his $$$ from the job at the strip clubs in town. :D :confused:

Redwing247
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
They go through so much volume each day (their tanks are refilled every few hours), never get bad or old fuel. Pilot at the exit also have the best diesel price.

Ziggy
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
If it's water it is probably a problem with the tanks at the station. If it has been raining out there this is definitely a possibilty. Before we got our new lids we used to have to cover them with mats when it rained because they will leak into the tanks. They should have sensors that warn them, but I have seen some pretty screwed up stuff at stations in Arizon, so I don't think they are regulated as closely as California.
P.S. I would not run gas from Smiths supermarket in my boat, but that's just me. :cool:
Its usually deisel I get there...........but have fueled my stock boat there w/o incident.....mainly use Parker Fuels for the boat but it depends on the time I have.

Havasu Cig
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Its usually deisel I get there...........but have fueled my stock boat there w/o incident.....mainly use Parker Fuels for the boat but it depends on the time I have.
Diesel is all the same unless the stations tanks are not clean. If you run their gas in the boat I would run some additives through it once in a while.

Ziggy
03-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Diesel is all the same unless the stations tanks are not clean. If you run their gas in the boat I would run some additives through it once in a while.
Usually gets a tank of some good stuff with "Techron Type additives" to cleanse the innerds at intervals....Couldn't remember Unocals additive name, sorry ;) :)

Havasu Cig
03-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Usually gets a tank of some good stuff with "Techron Type additives" to cleanse the innerds at intervals....Couldn't remember Unocals additive name, sorry ;) :)
Chevron (Techron) is good stuff. I either run 76 or Chevron (or AV in the Skater).

Ziggy
03-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Chevron (Techron) is good stuff. I either run 76 or Chevron (or AV in the Skater).
We use to sell the Techron additive in bottle here at the dealership when it was the only "approved" additive BMW allowed.....Now BMW sells their own brand of additive........could probably use that just as well.

cola
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
street
I don't thing so. Terribles fuel has no MTEB's. Super Fuel does.

dicudmore
03-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I think I got some bad fuel leaving town on Sunday morning, as my truck ran like absolute shit all the way home.. :mad: Anyone else have the same problem :confused:
yup...I've had it 3 times in the last 2 months from 2 different Terribles.
Once from the Terribles on Jones and Sahara in LV and twice from the Terribles at 40/95
My 10 month old truck has 30,000+ miles so obviously I buy my share of diesel fuel.

INSman
03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
yup...I've had it 3 times in the last 2 months from 2 different Terribles.
Once from the Terribles on Jones and Sahara in LV and twice from the Terribles at 40/95
My 10 month old truck has 30,000+ miles so obviously I buy my share of diesel fuel.
Dan
I am running some additives through it and seems to be getting better but thought it might be a safe bet to maybe change the fuel filter, how much should that run me ??

dicudmore
03-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Dan
I am running some additives through it and seems to be getting better but thought it might be a safe bet to maybe change the fuel filter, how much should that run me ??
too bad we already did that damn one time recall :mad:
cost ya about $100 at either of my old stores. If I were to patronize one of them, certainly it would be Morris. They have some good BG fuel cleaners for diesel there too, but its a little spendy :wink:

OutCole'd
03-21-2006, 07:53 PM
How hard is it to change the fuel filter on a Duramax truck and how often is it recommended?

INSman
03-21-2006, 08:00 PM
too bad we already did that damn one time recall :mad:
cost ya about $100 at either of my old stores. If I were to patronize one of them, certainly it would be Morris. They have some good BG fuel cleaners for diesel there too, but its a little spendy :wink:
Good BG fuel cleaners ???? :confused:

dicudmore
03-21-2006, 08:06 PM
How hard is it to change the fuel filter on a Duramax truck and how often is it recommended?
its kind of a pain in the azz until you've done a few of them...
15,000 miles

dicudmore
03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Good BG fuel cleaners ???? :confused:
lol yeah some cleaners that actually WORK, helps with the injectors :wink:

INSman
03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
lol yeah some cleaners that actually WORK, helps with the injectors :wink:
Should I go to Morris or give Todd a shout ??

OutCole'd
03-21-2006, 08:28 PM
its kind of a pain in the azz until you've done a few of them...
15,000 miles
I've got 30k on mine, I guess I better get that done soon. Does your shop do this?

dicudmore
03-21-2006, 08:36 PM
yeah its $159 including an injection flush

OutCole'd
03-21-2006, 08:37 PM
yeah its $159 including an injection flush
PM me you # & the shop name and addr when you get a chance. I will get it in soon.
Thanks!