PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Funny Golf Story

JetBoatRich
03-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Go into our Irwindale office today and ask where is the big boss. They say he got hurt golfing over the weekend. He played hooky Friday afternoon and:
They were screwing around in the carts and all done for the day. While in the parking lot decided to play chicken with there buddies go full speed. The other cart swerved and "BOSS MAN" was not going to let them get away and turned the cart around quickly, you guessed i. Flipped it over in the parking lot on top of him. The other cart rushed over and made sure everything was ok, he just said he hurt a lot, but to did not want people to notice and insisted on just getting the cart back up before the pro-shop came over. They picked everything up and turned in the cart, he said he was in a lot of pain. Started walking toward the car and looked like he was in quick sand, legs sunk down and he passed out face first in the asphalt. Broke his nose and knocked out a few teeth. They called 911 and refused to go to the hospital. That night after he was driven hom and cleaned up from all the blood on his face. He could not sleep and the wife called 911 again, which they immediately took him and keep him in for 2 days in ICU.
Injuries: Broke arm in 6 places, dislocated disk in his back, broken nose and two teeth gone.
Out of work at least 2 weeks.

beyondhelpin
03-06-2003, 07:26 PM
I guess any sport is dangerous. Anybody up for a game of full contact golf!!!

Sleek-Jet
03-06-2003, 08:41 PM
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
I flipped one over once on the golf course, didn't get hurt, but sh*t went everywhere and I got kicked off the course. that was alot of fun.

JetBoatRich
03-06-2003, 08:46 PM
I had a guy in front of us flip it, ever been to the "IKE" course with the big down hill cement paths. Locked the wheels slid sideways and hit the curb. Nobody hurt, just pride.

Sleek-Jet
03-06-2003, 08:51 PM
I did it on a steep off-camber slope close to the green going about 2 mph. Come to find out, your supposed to go up and down those, not side-to-side.
[ March 06, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

sandblasted
03-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Too funny.(except for the injury part)
I was golfing with some other co-workers and our manager up in Santa barbara last year. Our manager was over on the right side of a fairway looking for his ball when my partner cranked off a shot with her 3 wood(she's a damn good golfer too). I'm sitting in the cart and I hear her yell "fore'..so I look at the green but she totally shanked it. I follow her eyes just in time to see the ball hit my boss right in the middle of his forearm...gave him a big ole knot on his arm.
It was great because he couldn't hit the ball the rest of day and he usually shoots in the 80's.
[ March 06, 2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: sandblasted ]

EricU
03-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Sounds like one tough sonofabitch! It's good to own the company, hell now I'm gonna go golfing tomorrow!
Tell your boss when he heals he can come up north and we will start an old fart's rugby club! We used to call it "elegant violence"

JetBoatRich
03-07-2003, 04:11 AM
He is an old Hockey Player from Minnesota

MJ19
03-07-2003, 07:27 AM
I can remember WAY BACK WHEN I was in high school and we were messing around on a golf cart at my friend's ranch. We were going down the hill full speed and then pulling the e-brake to spin 180s
well after a few fun rides, we decided to do it backwards...go down the hill full speed in reverse...yup you guessed it I'm sure...when the e-brake was pulled, we rolled that cart over and over and batteries (along with other misc crap) went everywhere. eek! No one was hurt, but trying to explain the shape of the cart to parents is another story :o
Regarding BIG BOSS MAN...I can't believe he went sooo long without medical help...he must have been in some serious pain...can you imagine eek! He's one TOUGH BIG BOSS!!!

HalletDave
03-07-2003, 07:37 AM
EricU,
Now you're talking, "elegant violence". I played Rugby for over 15 years, 3 of which were @ Chico State back in the early 70s. Retired in the late 80s. My old buds in Chico still try to get me to pick up with them on there old boys side when I go up & visit. Have you ever met Charles Cadet in Chico? He is still involved with rugby in Chico. I'm off to see the wild west show.....
HD

burbanite
03-07-2003, 09:59 AM
HalletDave:
EricU,
Now you're talking, "elegant violence". I played Rugby for over 15 years, 3 of which were @ Chico State back in the early 70s. Retired in the late 80s. My old buds in Chico still try to get me to pick up with them on there old boys side when I go up & visit. Have you ever met Charles Cadet in Chico? He is still involved with rugby in Chico. I'm off to see the wild west show.....
HD Rugby, hell yeah!
Played that game for years, "A hooligans game played by gentlemen". wink Or so they say. :D
Our local high school has just added rugby to their sporting curriculum, funnily enough as a result of interest from the students.

EricU
03-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Have I ever met Charles Cadet?!! He's my cousin!!!
He went to Chico for school in the early 70s and never left.
Eric.

Wet Dream
03-07-2003, 02:28 PM
At one of our local golf clubs a buddy and I would play about 3 times a week. We were both unemployed and I had a $5000 Visa to play with. Of course you get the cart and the cooler with plenty of beer in it. We play a beer a hole. By the 2nd nine we swing through the [arking lot and restock the brew. This course has some off camber holes, plenty of water, and in the lower area its pretty much swamp. We are off roaders and have the Jeeps to prove it. We were never any good at reminding ourselves that a golf cart is not a 4x4. We have sunk one in a pond (mud bogging), jumped a bunker (Pismo), caught one on fire (battery overload), cut a tire trying to spin your buddy out, and of course fly down the hill and flip the lever into reverse. All you can do is hang on. If you jump, you're going to break a body part. Good times!! :D

Sandbar Junkies
03-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Just think now he can hire that same lawyer that HTM hired and sue the golf course. CHA --- CHING :D