PDA

View Full Version : Why did you buy a boat?

miller19j
07-14-2003, 09:11 AM
What was the main reason for buying your boat?

JetBoatRich
07-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Never used my Dad's boat, but like the rest of the answers :D

miller19j
07-14-2003, 09:41 AM
JetBoatRich:
Never used my Dad's boat, but like the rest of the answers :D I didn’t want RD to feel left out. :D

Mr.Havasu
07-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Had to go with the really , really fast

MagicMtnDan
07-14-2003, 09:53 AM
None of my reasons were covered - I'm GOING to buy a boat because:
A. I got tired of being the only PWC rider who knew what he was doing.
B. I got tired of being looked down on by boaters who thought I was like all the other lake lice.
C. I got tired of getting beaten up by the wakes and waves as I passed many boats at 65MPH
D. I'm getting too old for full-time PWC riding and I'd like to spend time with others on a boat rather than looking at them enjoying themselves.
E. I got tired of riding by myself (high performance PWCs don't go as fast or handle as well with 2-plus riders).
F. I got tired of paying for my friends gas and bringing them beer when on their boats. Hell, I can do that for MY boat.
G. Now I gotta have a boat that won't be slower than 90% of the PWCs out there :D

Jungle Boy
07-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Now there's a question - Let's see, why did I buy a boat.
1 - So I could buy 4 boats in seven years :rolleyes:
2 - So I could smash 1 of them twice, breaking 7 seven of my girlfriends ribs, collapsing her lung and breaking my knee. cry
3 - So I could be never ending broke or on the verge of it. :confused:
4 - So I could travel to New Zealand and Mexico racing these things. :D
5 - So I could have a never ending header burn. burningm
6 - So I could park my 50K truck and my girlfriend's Acura outside in the winter so my boats could have the garage. eek!
7 - So I could spend endless hrs pushing boats off river banks & gravel bars. yuk
8 - So I could get drunk at the boat launch and sneek home, hopeing that I won't get pulled over. wink
9 - So I could go fast and have some of the best times in my life with some of the best people that I've ever known.
I guess # 9 out weight all the rest by miles.

HM
07-14-2003, 10:16 AM
See, I have a money tree and I crap money. I could not find a better way to get rid of this annoying money! idea
Uh oh, i feel nature calling.......

HotHallet
07-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Grew up boating with my parents and sisters since 6 months old. Can't imagine life without it. About a year and a half ago I bought my own boat.

Boozer
07-14-2003, 11:35 AM
You forgot the most important reason of all reasons.
Because I wanted chicks to be able to think they were using me for my boat when in actuality I was using the boat to use them for some ASS!

Blown 472
07-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Because I have a small dick and needed to compensate somehow.

HOSS
07-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Because I am an asshole since birth. :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
07-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Got stranded by my brother the entire weekend in Havasu and was boatless on the shore. :mad: eek! devil burningm argue
It was the weekend it hit 128 in Havasu. eek!
HDD idea

mtndewdrops
07-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Because the first and only time we rented a boat at Katherine's Landing it BROKE down and we sweltered in the 120+ heat hoping someone would stop and help out. burningm Luckily a guy with a VHF Radio stopped and called us a tow boat.
When the tow boat finally showed up we had to stay on our POS and smell 2 stroke exhaust all of the way back... burningm

1stepcloser
07-14-2003, 04:34 PM
The time I spend with the boat makes my wife mad, and I live to irritate her. :)

Jrocket
07-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Because my wife hates boats. :D

lovemyultra
07-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Damn good question

eliminatedsprinter
07-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Because I need more to worry about and for one brief period in time I actually thought I might be able to afford it.
wink Actually my family had one when I was growing up and I wanted to do the same for my son.
My dad spent a lot of time teaching me how to do it right and one of the best memories of my youth was when he tossed the keys (to his mahogany decked 14 ft runnabout) to my 10 year old butt and said "be back in half an hour". :cool:

mlitefan
07-15-2003, 03:04 PM
Family time...pure and simple. It allows me to get away from the every day stresses that I face during the week.

68campbell
07-15-2003, 03:33 PM
I bought a boat because it is a genetically passed addiction. My grandfather had it, my dad has it, and my brother and I have it. It was not a choice...
...I know I need help but my friends all suffer from the same disease and yes, I would jump off the cliff if my friends said it was ok.

bilgewiper
07-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Boats are a instant vacation for my mind. I keep two of them in the water at a Marina near my house. Even if I am on one just for an hour....it's a complete escape place where I only have to deal with the "fun" things in life as opposed to the "rest"!
"Time spent boating is NOT deducted from one's lifespan"

mbrown2
07-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Because I like being broke and being punished... :) :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2003, 04:59 PM
We both needed somewhere compfortable to sleep when we got in a fight. So what better place to do that?

HBjet
07-15-2003, 04:59 PM
My answer wasn't up there, but I though someday I could have a motor with cool stickers on the valve covers so that's why!
Ok, really, I grew up going to Lost Lake and watching the Saturday Night drags since I was about 10. Ever since then I wanted the pimp dually (which I bought) and a low pro jet boat that was fairly fast. Well, reality sunk in and I sold the lowered air bagged dually, but I still have the jet boat. I think I always will.
HBjet

Kim Hanson
07-15-2003, 05:19 PM
I like to stand out in a crowd and a Hst with a V8 hanging off the back of her, does the trick for me! I have never seen another boat even similar to mine!
Going fast is awesome, so much that they won't let me launch at the lake closest to where I live, they told me it to fast and too loud for this Lake.........( . )( . )......PUSSYS! :D wink :p

07-15-2003, 06:10 PM
I have a boat????? eek! eek! eek!

Jbb
07-15-2003, 06:30 PM
I bought a boat to be able to do on the water what I got tickets for doing on the highway....going fast....
Not a drinker .....Op 1 cooler for me (full of water}
No stereo on the boat...(music is the whine of the blower)
Just the wind in whats left of my hair and going as fast as I ...(safely)can!
....Oh ....and Barney sez....chicks dig jet boats!!! :D