PDA

View Full Version : Boat Interiors...

KingCole
02-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know the name of the shop in Riverside that has done upholstry work for Cole and some other boat builders? I think it's J&G or something like that. A phone number would help too. Thanks!

TOBTEK
02-28-2003, 10:36 AM
I had the lavey's interior redone by garcia brothers in Riverside...call Laveycraft they have the number. They did a awesome job for a VERY ez on the wallet price...

THATJEFFGUY
02-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Call these guys.... I think the guys name is Danny
D & S Marine Interior
6612 Columbus St, Riverside, CA 92504
Phone: (909) 354-0854
Excellent work...very professionsla..and great prices !!

THATJEFFGUY
02-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Call these guys.... I think the guys name is Danny
D & S Marine Interior
6612 Columbus St, Riverside, CA 92504
Phone: (909) 354-0854
Excellent work...very professional..and great prices !!

Uplink
03-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Stratton Marine in Riverside does interiors for Laveycraft, Warlock, Caliber1 and others. <Mark>

dcb 26 machman
03-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Daves custom marine interiors of ontario are best hands down!!!

Catatonic
03-04-2003, 09:09 AM
My interior on my Eliminator is being done right now by D&S. It should be finished today. It was originally scheduled to be done by Dave at Dave's Custom Upholstery but Dave is in the hospital for some time. D&S was very reasonable on price it seems that they do quality work. I'll let you know when I pick it up.

Skaterfast
03-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Stratton Marine interiors did my one piece high back Skater buckets when everybody else said they couldn't do it.Stratton is the way to go.

HBjet
03-04-2003, 08:46 PM
dcb 26 machman:
Daves custom marine interiors of ontario are best hands down!!! I second that, and I also would recommend D&S. They did my interior and I was very impressed. Dave's was my first choice but just a little too much and it was going to take longer. I'm happy with D&S, but both of them do the best work in my book.
HBjet

DBM
03-04-2003, 09:47 PM
I To had my Interior redone by D&S. In general the work was good but alot of loose ends left undone. I.E. caps missing, carpeting miscut and patched,speaker holes not cut in as promised,some wood not resined, I was told this was OK because I had a Warrranty as long as I owned the boat.In general alot of cutting corners on the fine tuning.
Thats the good part, the worst is these guys are the most unproffesional group I have ever ran into, no return phone calls, and If they give you lead time you better quadrouple it and you will be a little closer to the truth.As for Danny,this is the younger lying piece of shit, basicly anything that comes out of this kids mouth is bullshit. And if you do get what they consider a "good price" you get that shoved in your face everytime they scew you over one more week.
I was told my boat would be ready about five different times, I ended up down there untill about 11pm with my wife and kids when I was told to come pick my boat up at 3pm.This was after I had been told to pick up my boat at 9am that morning the night before.So I made the hour and half drive twice in one day, only to sit there for nine hour's while they finished it.
At one point the older lying piece of shit Daniel, started getting very I'll say aggressive and confrontational in front of my kids when I insisted they stay and finish at about 9pm. After driving twice in one day, not to mention all the other crap, I did not want to drive back again.
To this day these guys owe me two seat cushions. After about the tenth phone call to Danny's voice mail I gave up.
D&S is not what they were, Daniel and Sal. Sal is working I believe with Ultra down in san Diego Or has opened another shop down there. The two idiots running it now, Danny and Daniel need a lesson in general business, accountability and responsibility. If I were you, I would stay away from these two clowns unless some extreme changes have been made.
[ March 05, 2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: DBM ]

Kilrtoy
03-05-2003, 12:03 AM
I hear another COBRA debate coming.
Stratton does do good work and have never heard anything negative about them.

Catatonic
03-05-2003, 07:34 AM
DBM, too bad I didn't consult with you before I dropped off my boat at D&S. However, my experience with them thus far has been about what I expected. I made two trips there yesterday because they told me the boat was ready to pick up at noon and it wasn't. I got there and there were two cabin lights that weren't recessed, they were just hanging by the wires. I told them to fix it and I would pick it up which I did last night. I made sure to only give Daniel a small deposit and the rest will be payable when I pick up my cushions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes wide open on this one. And if they screw me, all of you are going to know.

DBM
03-05-2003, 08:26 AM
Catatonic, "DO NOT GIVE THOSE GUYS ANYMORE MONEY" not until every last detail and piece is completed.Trust me on this, and check all wood for resin and all area's for proper and adequate fastners.If they did your carpet, poke your head into your ski locker and ice chest cavities if you have one.In my boat they left out the end pieces and patched the rest in. And did not glue down the carpet at the ends.
In this area the patching would not have been an issue but it looked like Stevie Wonder did the cutting with a butter knife and Ray Charles applied it and ran the glue gun.
They also spilled something on one of my swim steps and ruined the powder coat.

Catatonic
03-05-2003, 08:39 AM
DBM, before giving Daniel the deposit last night I had him show me every piece of wood that had been cut and all of it had been resined. He actually went above and beyond on a few things. I had a scuff/rip on the upholstered surround going into the cuddy cabin and he fixed it free of charge and I had a screw that fell out on one of the gunnels and a bolt that was pushing the upholstery up in the open bow, both of which he fixed. So far it seems that their work is quality but their business plan is non-existent.

novaguy
03-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Please let us know how it goes for you "Catatonic". I spoke with Danny the other day and he sounded like a nice guy. I am planning on having my interior redone and any feedback from his company or any other company would be appreciated. Does anyone know the number to Dave's Custom Marine Interiors?

Catatonic
03-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Dave's Marine Interiors: (909) 983-2555. I talked to Dave earlier in the week and he was getting ready to go to the hospital. It sounded like he was having a procedure done. I will definitely let you know what the finished product looks like. I will probably shoot some pics and post them.

Keith E. Sayre
03-05-2003, 04:35 PM
I've heard lots of good about Strattons and the
best work for a decent price is from Arko in Provo
Utah. They do all the Hallett boats, E ticket boats and our boats at Conquest. I realize it's
a drive but you pay once and it's done right.
They're 600 miles from LA but maybe you could
arrange to have them pick up your stuff after
they unload the truck at Hallett each week. Then
they could return it to you when they're done.
I'm assuming they still do work for people other
than us 3 manufacturers.
Ask for Willie Sturgess Sr. or Jr. They used to
do alot of Schiadas boats too before they moved to Utah. They redid mine 8 years ago and
it's very well done.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

novaguy
03-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Catatonic, any updates re: your interior? I would like to see some pics if possible.

KingCole
03-07-2003, 02:48 PM
A buddy of mine from Laveycraft told me about another company called "Designer Marine." Anyone deal with these guys?

Catatonic
03-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Novaguy, I got your e-mail yesterday. I will be picking up my cushions at D&S today and will let you know how it looks. Incidentally, I tried Designer Marine first and they kinda blew me off saying that they were very busy and they would call me back, which they never did.