PDA

View Full Version : War????

spectratoad
03-17-2003, 07:08 AM
Watching the news this morning I wonder if we are finally going to get this over with? It sure is nerve racking here I can only imagine what is happening with the troops.

Blown 472
03-17-2003, 07:10 AM
Maybe then they could focus on the economy and get us back on track. :rolleyes:

MJ19
03-17-2003, 07:44 AM
Interesting Iraq War Articles in This Mornings News: Looks like the Iraqi military is not giving it's all...which is a nice sign that it will be a swift war. :)
Baghdad quietly braces for war (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2856395.stm)
Iraq diplomacy collapses (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2857789.stm)
Emergency cabinet meeting called (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/2855649.stm)
Diplomacy hour-by-hour (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2855975.stm)

Dribble
03-17-2003, 07:45 AM
Iraq has a military?

spectratoad
03-17-2003, 07:46 AM
It is good to see their leader is scared and digging deep into the ground like the scared weasel that he is.
Time to test the MOAB Bomb!!! :D
[ March 17, 2003, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

grimreaper
03-17-2003, 07:59 AM
spectratoad:
Time to test the MOAB Bomb!!! :D
I already has been tested.....let us USE IT.....furrrr real !

Seadog
03-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Nice concept if it weren't for the fact that his bunker is probably under a hospital or children center. Saddam is such a great leader. I think we should put him on display as a great example of ...Taxidermy.

MJ19
03-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Seadog:
I think we should put him on display British Style...his head on a post :D

HavasuDreamin'
03-17-2003, 08:37 AM
MJ19:
Seadog:
I think we should put him on display British Style...his head on a post :D Kind of like hot dog on a stick.......except Saddam head on a stick. devil

bordsmnj
03-17-2003, 10:25 AM
putting his head on a poll means digging his head out of his ars.could be a nasty job seeings how deep it is. He was talking some hefty smack in his press conference. I was pretty shocked. all this UN and nato stuff was just a big joke to him.and do we really have to rebuild that place after we bomb the shit out of it?? I wish there was a better way to spend all that money.

Jbb
03-17-2003, 10:48 AM
To the Celebrities.......
Shut Your Celebrity Pieholes
Warning, long overdue rant ahead.
For the past few months I've sat back and watched all these celebrities speak and publicly express their support/contempt for both the upcoming war with Iraq and our president GWB. And that's a nice thing, isn't it? being able to freely express ourselves? Be able to openly show our dissatisfaction with how things are going? That's the American way, it is our birthright as Americans, and it is good.
But just what the **** makes these overpaid assholes think their opinions are more important than mine, yours, my mechanic's, or the guy who delivers my newspaper? Okay, so you're famous. Great, good for you. Okay, some of you make more money in a year than the rest of will ever see in a lifetime. Wonderful, your mom must be proud. But don't tellme that somehow makes your opinion important and that we should all quietly listem to what you have to say. I don't ****ing think so. All you trained monkeys do is regurgitate lines from a script (that somebody else wrote) and maybe bang some drums. And none of us tell you how to do your job, so how about you all quit trying to steamroll the American public with your flashy smiles and clever t-shirt slogans?
Let's embellish a few of the more public displays of contempt and well, flagrant anti-Americanism that's been in the news recently.
Sean Penn. For starters, just what the **** makes you think you're a celebrity? Here's the truth pal, you're a washed up nobody. You haven't made a good movie since Bad Boys almost twenty years ago, and even then it was carried by Esai Morales. Your time is past. You're a shooting star who's shot his load and has long since faded into the horizon. Face it, you know about as much about international diplomacy and identifying weapons of mass destructions as you do about acting. Your only claim to fame is being married to Robin Wright.
Mike Farrell. Hypocrite extraordinaire. Organizer of the recent "Artists Against War" protest, and another washed up nobody. Currently making his living off paychecks from the syndication of a thirty year old show made famous by the public's interest in Korean War, M*A*S*H. You'll never be more than Hawkeye's little bitch sidekick, you Alan Alda wannabe.
Mudvayne. For those of you not in the right music circles, this is one of the bands that thinks they'll be cool if they choose a misspelling of a common word as part their band's name. And you think I use the word "****" too much? Please. I wouldn't be suprised if this ****ing idiot signed his record contract in crayon and couldn't string together a coherent thought without his agent whispering in his ear one syllable at a time. Hey Chud, do us all a favor. You just sit in the corner, play your little ukulele like a good little tot. Maybe work on your spelling. But let us the thinkers solve the world's problems, eh?
Chrissie Hynde . I know what you're thinking. Same thing I was. Who the **** is Chrissie Hynde? I dunno either, but her comments were so stupid and idiotic, I just had to find out. I had to google search her to figure out what the hell her claim to fame was and apparently she used to sing in a band called the Pretenders who were famous so long ago they performed at the grand opening of ther Roman Colliseum. In fact she's so famous I had to search through a dozen sites before finding a clear picture of her, and when I did it almost scared me out of my chair -- somebody looks like she was dribbled face first through a minefield. I think this road ***** is just spouting off inflammatory comments in hopes of getting some attention from someone other than the four people who are willing to admit being one of her fans.
This distinguished list goes on and on, and of course leads me to first ask the question, "Just how little does a person have to do to be considered a 'celebrity' in the country?" These people are either nothing more than second rate performers who's career peaked when they were listed as "second man standing behind garbage truck" in some movie credits, or are just thirsty for attention because they haven't been in the limelight for as long as I haven't been in diapers. It reminds me of a quote from John McCain made regarding France.
"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it."
Isn't the same true of these balloonheads? About the only anti-war celebrity who's opinion I really respect, even though I disagree with him, is Martin Sheen. At least he's been consistant in voicing his opinion throughout the years and isn't just hopping on the anti-war bandwagon to get his face in the evening news one more time. But even then Mr. Sheen, ya know what your opinion is worth? About as much as mine. No more, no less.
So Hollywood, while our soldiers are out protecting the rights that have allowed you to prosper and your careers to flourish, do us all a favor. Shut the **** up.

Jungle Boy
03-17-2003, 11:05 AM
"A-Men", They make me sick.

Laveyman
03-17-2003, 11:22 AM
SADDAM-IZE HUSSEIN!!!

MJ19
03-17-2003, 05:01 PM
It's 5:00pm March 17, 2003 (News Time)
Gotta Run :)

03-17-2003, 08:14 PM
FU*KIN CLASSIC!!!!!!!That was a great diatribe, JetBoatBrian. Couldn't have said it better if I had all the black listed script writers from Hollywood.

GlastronGuy
03-17-2003, 08:20 PM
We've actually been at war for about a week now. We've been hitting targets outside of the "No Fly Zone" to soften up their ADA.

MJ19
03-17-2003, 08:38 PM
GlastronGuy:
We've actually been at war for about a week now. We've been hitting targets outside of the "No Fly Zone" to soften up their ADA. I may regret this question, but I can always claim blond :D What does ADA stand for??? :confused:

bordsmnj
03-17-2003, 08:40 PM
jet boat brian i gave yuh a five. couldn't a said it better myself.

bordsmnj
03-17-2003, 08:42 PM
while we're at it lets have some fun with france! lets officially order all americans out of france(as if where gonna biatch slap them) and watch the french pee on them selves!

MJ19
03-17-2003, 08:53 PM
bordsmnj:
putting his head on a poll means digging his head out of his ars.could be a nasty job seeings how deep it is. I just read this one...LMAO...too friggen funny!!! :D

Froggystyle
03-18-2003, 12:31 AM
ADA = Air Defense Array?
Air Defense something. I haven't heard it called that yet.

MJ19
03-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Froggystyle:
ADA = Air Defense Array?
Air Defense something. I haven't heard it called that yet. Thank you :) I was begining to think no one would answer that question and it would be lost forever.
The only thing I could think of was "American Dental Association" and I knew that wasn't it wink
[ March 18, 2003, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

Jbb
03-18-2003, 01:50 AM
MJ19:
Froggystyle:
ADA = Air Defense Array?
Air Defense something. I haven't heard it called that yet. Thank you :) I was begining to think no one would answer that question and it would be lost forever.
The only thing I could think of was "American Dental Association" and I knew that wasn't it wink 4 out of 5 Dentists surveyed recommend ...
Back at ya boards mnj!