PDA

View Full Version : 525efi w/whipple?

laveydayz
03-20-2006, 10:00 AM
My brother is looking at used Lavey. It has a 525efi/XR I.T.S. with a whipple installed by Lavey and has only 30hrs. Has anyone heard how well the 525 handles a whipple and how is the reliability?

BADBLOWN572
03-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Should not be a problem. I have heard nothing but good things about the 525 engine with Whipples. The 525 has all of the good internals in it so it shouldn't be a problem. I know of several 500hp's with whipples and no problems. The 525 is basically the same motor so I wouldn't be apprehensive about purchasing a 525 with a Whipple.
Only downside is Whipple's customer service if there ever is a problem. That problem has been well documented on the boards.

laveydayz
03-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Should not be a problem. I have heard nothing but good things about the 525 engine with Whipples. The 525 has all of the good internals in it so it shouldn't be a problem. I know of several 500hp's with whipples and no problems. The 525 is basically the same motor so I wouldn't be apprehensive about purchasing a 525 with a Whipple.
Only downside is Whipple's customer service if there ever is a problem. That problem has been well documented on the boards.
Ya I have seen the threads in regards to the customer service at whipple. The boat only has 30hrs so its barely broken in. I figured the internals were all good so with minimal boost it should be fine.

SummerBreeze
03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Lavydayz, Is that the boat that has been the boat trader for awhile I think $85k??
If so thats a sweet ride

INSman
03-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Ya I have seen the threads in regards to the customer service at whipple. The boat only has 30hrs so its barely broken in. I figured the internals were all good so with minimal boost it should be fine.
Aaron at Absolute can handle ANY service issues after the sale and works with their product very frequently. Saw him installing a new unit on a brand new Magic with a 525 this past weekend. (928) 855-2252

Havasu_Dreamin
03-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Aaron at Absolute can handle ANY service issues after the sale and works with their product very frequently. Saw him installing a new unit on a brand new Magic with a 525 this past weekend. (928) 855-2252
True dat. Aaron and Cheryl are AWESOME and Absolute does GREAT work!

laveydayz
03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Lavydayz, Is that the boat that has been the boat trader for awhile I think $85k??
If so thats a sweet rideyes that is the boat. Has been for sale for over a year now and started off at 110k+ now its at 85k. He is going thru a divorce and needs the cash. The boat has been in a heated storage since Oct. 2004.

909er
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
You might wanna check to see who did the Whipple install you said Lavey did it but I know they send that stuff out usually to Extreme Custom Marine or Teague..Just a thought to make sure somebody credible did the install.

Dan Lorenze
03-20-2006, 11:18 PM
That's a lot of boat for 85k and it's almost new. Here's another used Lavey, not as nice looking but probably the cleanest used boat I've seen lately, those twin 502's look real nice... Beige Lavey on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-LAVEY-CRAFT-29-LIKE-FOUNTAIN-FORMULA-TWIN-502s_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26432QQitemZ462345 9251QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

sigepmock
03-21-2006, 08:15 AM
I'll say it again....Whipple has always treated me right and given me customer service above and beyond anybody else out. In fact we just ordered another Whipple for SoCalHd's truck and will be installing it this weekend. Called Whipple and they were great, answered a few last minute questions for us and the thing here in a few days.
When I had the Whipple on my last truck, I had small problem with a bad oil seal(probably my fault for damaging it on the install) and Whipple replaced the entire compressor for me, overnight Saturday delivery to my house, no charge. I'm no huge customer with big money....just a little guy and they have always treated me great.
I don't want to start WWIII on here, I know a few people have had bad experiences.....I just think that if you're thinking about buying a motor with a Whipple call Whipple yourself or PM Whipplecharged or call any of the engine builders around and make up your own mind.
Just my $.02,
Chris