PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day is coming....

Mandelon
05-03-2003, 01:52 PM
What do you get a grouchy old lady??? My mom was not exactly someone who's skill and talent as a mother one wants to celebrate but if not for her......well, you know. :rolleyes:
Usually we take stop off at Trader Joe's and get her some liquor and food assortments. Cheese, crackers, dried fruit etc. She lives in a nice high end retirement home with a bunch of other seniors. Its like a nice hotel. She entertains regularly. She is 80. She doesn't have long distance service on her phone cuz she is so cheap. Preserving my inheritence so I shouldn't complain. wink
We'll probably get the usual. Any other ideas??? :confused:

Mr.Havasu
05-03-2003, 02:00 PM
How about a day to pamper her and make her feel good about herself..
example:
Appointment at the beauty parlor to have the works done, Hair cut, permed and colored, Manicure and pedicure. than take her out for a nice dinner. Most elderly women would appreciate this.

mickeyfinn
05-03-2003, 02:34 PM
How about getting her a grouchy old man.....Maybe she wouldn't be so grouchy anymore.

Kilrtoy
05-03-2003, 05:01 PM
What do you mean mothers day is coming, The 1st of the month came and went already.......

UtlGoa
05-03-2003, 08:28 PM
I just purchased a 2003 Toyota Tacoma dual cab for my better half. She deserves it. She puts up with me. Now I just need to get my mom something!!!

CA Stu
05-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Mandelon:
What do you get a grouchy old lady??? My mom was not exactly someone who's skill and talent as a mother one wants to celebrate but if not for her......well, you know. :rolleyes:
Usually we take stop off at Trader Joe's and get her some liquor and food assortments. Cheese, crackers, dried fruit etc. She lives in a nice high end retirement home with a bunch of other seniors. Its like a nice hotel. She entertains regularly. She is 80. She doesn't have long distance service on her phone cuz she is so cheap. Preserving my inheritence so I shouldn't complain. wink
We'll probably get the usual. Any other ideas??? :confused: I work with a guy whose wife is the man in their relationship, if you know what I mean. She barks and this guy jumps. It's the funniest damn thing because he comes across as a hard case unless she's around, when he's an absolute lap dog. Anyway, I just copy him.
I think terror is a good motivation for him to make sure he gets her the right thing.
I suggest asking the most p-whipped guy you know and take his suggestion.
Sorry I can't help you there wink
Good Luck
CA Stu

burtandnancy
05-04-2003, 12:44 PM
This is a boat related site. Take mom for a nice boat ride, what else? End of problem...

Jrocket
05-04-2003, 07:35 PM
2000 DCB Mach 26.....She drove it today for her first time!!!!!! :D

Ziggy
05-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Mandelon:
We'll probably get the usual. Any other ideas??? :confused: Mandolin,
My folks seem unappreciative of "things" that we get 'em but we did find something that works pretty good and have used it for a few years...tickets to a show or play...Lawrence Welk Resort has great deals for dinner shows and the like. Something different than the usual and something they can talk about with their friends too...instead of the same ol'.
Either that or just get her a bikini for that boat ride you promised her :D :D