PDA

View Full Version : GAS PRICES

spectratoad
02-12-2003, 05:43 AM
eek! So they say this summer could be a $2 per gallon summer. :mad: Start saving your pennies for the boat trips. Just another reason to start drilling in Alaska. :D

Blown 472
02-12-2003, 05:52 AM
Or overthrow the oil companies. Gas here went up 70 cents in one year. :mad:

hd&boatrider
02-12-2003, 07:07 AM
I don't care what the price of gas is. I will still be taking my boat out and driving my big ass truck. Maybe I find a cove a little faster and throw the anchor in. Maybe......

HavasuDreamin'
02-12-2003, 07:37 AM
One more reason to own an outboard. :D

HammerDown
02-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Gas Prices...how about Diesel it's selling for a higher price than Premium Gasoline, now at $1.92...WTF> :mad:

BALLSDEEP
02-12-2003, 07:42 AM
spectratoad:
eek! So they say this summer could be a $2 per gallon summer. :mad: Start saving your pennies for the boat trips. Just another reason to start drilling in Alaska. :D I can remeber the last couple of summers were gas by the river was at least two bucks a gallon... It's all a big F*&%*n scam if you ask me.

Seadog
02-12-2003, 07:45 AM
I get a kick out those idiots that say we are going to war for oil. Our gas prices are mostly affected by the problems caused by Chavez in SA and yet we are keeping out there completely. Even if we did take over the Iraq oilfields, they are in such bad shape that the current estimates are that even with no scorched earth policy, it would take years to restore full production. If it was about the oil, we would be keeping out and using it as an excuse to drill Alaska.
[ February 12, 2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

spectratoad
02-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Kind of funny how the prices at the stations go up right away but it is probably still the gas that they bought for the original lower price that they are pumping. :confused:
I will still be driving the motorhome and the boat to our favorite lakes or towing with the big SUV though. It's only money right? :D
You are right Seadog, and if it was really about the oil we could just go take it since we ARE the big kids on the block.
[ February 12, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

HammerDown
02-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Did ya ever notice, the first talk about War, fuel prices sky rocket in a few weeks...However when everything calms down it takes months and months before the prices drop again...were getting hosed for sure...total scam!

Blown 472
02-12-2003, 07:54 AM
They do that to condition us so when it comes down not to were it was but lower than the spike we say whew, now they are lower but still higher than before. Time to set up a still and brew my own alky from grass clipings and garbage. :rolleyes:

Lightning
02-12-2003, 08:03 AM
I remember two summers ago it was somewhere around $2.25 for premium at Martinez, that hurts the account. Just another reason to invite all your friends and make sure that they pitch in.

HammerDown
02-12-2003, 08:10 AM
Blown 472:
They do that to condition us so when it comes down not to were it was but lower than the spike we say whew, now they are lower but still higher than before. Time to set up a still and brew my own alky from grass clipings and garbage. :rolleyes: Oh yea...I here ya on that...total BS.

79Hawaiian
02-12-2003, 08:33 AM
spectratoad:
Kind of funny how the prices at the stations go up right away but it is probably still the gas that they bought for the original lower price that they are pumping. :confused: Actually a coworker is part owner of a gas station. He told me the gas in the ground tanks is owned by the oil companies, not the station. The station measures the tanks daily and see what was sold the day before. The gas is then billed to the station at the current price. Price hikes don't benifit your local businessman, they don't put cash in your local community, they put it into the pockets of the big corporations.

Back To Havasu
02-12-2003, 09:09 AM
My company represents the interest of oil tanker truckers. According to our sources, there is so much surplus oil and gas in So. Cal. that oil company storage tanks are completely full, and :mad: :mad: eek! they have to rent storage tanks and they are filled. As for war, with an army the size of the Los Angeles Police Department, we could take Kuwait and have all the oil we need. We are being gouged, and the oil companies know we are at their mercy.

Jordy
02-12-2003, 09:20 AM
HammerDown:
Gas Prices...how about Diesel it's selling for a higher price than Premium Gasoline, now at $1.92...WTF> :mad: I paid $1.62 yesterday at one of my spots that is usually cheaper than everyone else. Apparently they still are, as I saw other stations with diesel for $1.75 and up. :mad:

Blown 472
02-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Back To Havasu:
My company represents the interest of oil tanker truckers. According to our sources, there is so much surplus oil and gas in So. Cal. that oil company storage tanks are completely full, and :mad: :mad: eek! they have to rent storage tanks and they are filled. As for war, with an army the size of the Los Angeles Police Department, we could take Kuwait and have all the oil we need. We are being gouged, and the oil companies know we are at their mercy. Sad part is our gubment folks that are supposed to look out for us are in the take too. We get hosed here on all kinds of shit and our govoner just finds other things to worry about. :mad:

rrrr
02-12-2003, 10:53 AM
HavasuDreamin':
One more reason to own an outboard. :D And that makes how many? 1 1/4? J/K LOL :D
Just this morning I noticed gas prices for the first time in a couple of weeks. Wow! Up to $1.80 for premium. That means diesel can't be far behind.
Nice thing about my new Excursion, 44 gallon tank and 15.5 MPG in town. Haven't filled up in over two weeks. The 6.0L Powerstroke rocks!!

bohica
02-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Shiat, at $2.00/gallon it's going cost me $400 before I even hit the water. Think it's about time to buy a pontoon.

Thunderbutt
02-12-2003, 12:40 PM
We are still being riped? In 1978 after the imbargo a freind of mine owned 3 gass stations conors in the LA area. None of them were being used as gas stations two of them where auto repair shops and the other one was a produce stands. He was paid buy Shell and Chevron to keep the existing tanks full. Do you think they created the shortage? Remember all of the supper tankers parked off of Long Beach. It looked like a small city out there. Yes we did become used to it.

Seadog
02-12-2003, 12:49 PM
bohica, if you think a pontoon will save you money, I'll sell you my old one at a fair price. 90 HP Honda and many goodies. I have to admit that I could go two days on a 20 gal tank and now my new pontoon can easily go thru that much every day. Of course I can go twice as far in one day. I heard in the news that AAA is claiming that the gas prices are rising faster than the crude oil prices and is calling for an investigation. In our country, at least corporate wrong doing has a chance at being caught. Most countries, including Europe are under the thumb of business. This is why we are not able to compete. We have fair trade practices but countries like France and Japan restrict trade if we get competitive.

olds455jet
02-12-2003, 08:00 PM
I dont care if the gas is $3.00 a gallon, Im still going to the river every weekend this summer!!!!!!!!

spectratoad
02-12-2003, 08:03 PM
As will I! :D Of course that is why the gas prices will do whatever they do, cuz we will still enjoy our sports.

Raskal
02-12-2003, 08:16 PM
yah real fun to fill up truck on $55.00 now cant wait till its 2 or more a gallon eek!

dego red
02-13-2003, 12:49 PM
You guy's got it so soft. We are paying $4.08 per gallon here. red