PDA

View Full Version : Howard Boat Regatta

BLOWN HOWARD
09-14-2003, 01:55 PM
Does Howard Boats have a regatta, Or have they never had one, Looking to find some Howard Boat owners in the area

little rowe boat
09-14-2003, 02:13 PM
No Howard does not have an official regatta,but some of the Howard owners on this forum have been or are trying to put some sort of Howard regatta/ get together going.I wish Gene or Mike would take the bull by the horns and get a regatta going for next summer. :cool:

BLOWN HOWARD
09-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Yeah i agree with ya, that would be nice huh, I am going to talk to gene tommorow I will ask him whats up

SDLifesaver
09-14-2003, 05:47 PM
I tried to get a mini regatta going 2 months ago but only about 6 people seemed into it. Mike said he would come and maybe if enough people seem interested he could try and talk the old man into it??? From the response I got, no wonder there is no regatta. Let's do it! Nick

little rowe boat
09-14-2003, 05:53 PM
I believe if gene would put together an official HCB regatta and advertise it to all HCB owners it would be big.I think Gene will come up with any excuse he can not to have a regatta.$$$$$$$

Kilrtoy
09-14-2003, 06:03 PM
He is too cheap and charges too much....

BLOWN HOWARD
09-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey Nick if you want to try to put one on, I am more than willing to help. I guess first place to start is when and were, or maybe a mini one if you know enough people with some howards. Let me know Chris

little rowe boat
09-14-2003, 06:38 PM
If you do put one together,please let me know when and where.Me and the Mrs will try our best to be there. :cool:

BLOWN HOWARD
09-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Hey rowe boat if you know enough people with howards lets try to get a mini party or regatta together and see how it works out. Were are you located at and what lakes do you frequent

little rowe boat
09-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately Im the only Howard owner among my friends that boat.I live in Riverside and do 99% of my boating in Havasu.A mini regatta sounds great,if we could get a list of Howard owners from Gene or Mike,it might make things a little easier. :cool:

TCHB
09-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Let me know and I will meet the rest of the Howard people. I have a 22 Offshore bow rider. We use the boat all the time in Havasu.

SDLifesaver
09-14-2003, 07:25 PM
What I did was ask who has a Howard and who would be interested in an un-official regatta. I tried to plan it this summer but not enough interest. I got Mikes approval for the event and he said he would come. So, if anyone wants to get it going, lets do it. Nick

little rowe boat
09-14-2003, 07:28 PM
This has been tried before,but never seems to materialize.I think a date needs to be set well ahead of time so people can arrange their schedules.

TPI
09-14-2003, 07:32 PM
If you guys are planning on anytime this season, I am going to leave my motor in the boat, I definately would come.

BLOWN HOWARD
09-14-2003, 08:44 PM
Well lets see, Does any body have time this year for one or do you want to plan it for next year. And what time of the week or weekend is good lets get some replys on this

BLOWN HOWARD
09-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Or do you guys want to try a get together at a local lake this yr and talk about it some more and get to know some people and were everybody is located at

little rowe boat
09-14-2003, 11:52 PM
It's pretty late in the season,so I would think it would be better to start the ball rolling on something for next season.Maybe we can get some feed back from other Howie owners.

TPI
09-15-2003, 05:39 AM
I would think the beginning of the week, such as Monday? would give us more options with regard to where to have it. Probably the biggest hurdle is getting someone to be in charge if this regatta. I think if someone takes control it will happen for sure, we all have these great ideas and it gets a little overwhelming when they all get thrown into the pot. Someone is going to not be able to make it(due to scheduling)but hopefully it will be a small percentage of the attendees. Any volunteers for an Unofficial HCB Regatta President, Chief, Chairman, Leader? Whatever he would be

SDLifesaver
09-15-2003, 06:36 AM
I have no problem organizing the event. All we have to do is agree on a date. I think next summer, June actually would be best. People who have kids will be through the school year, and a long weekend will be no problem. Steamboat Cove would be a great place on an off weekend because it is a great place to arrange an aireal shot of all the boats. I don't think Gene is a cheap skate, I just think he is a successful business man. I think with Mike's attendance and influence on his pop sine he has basically made the company what it is right now with the 28 and most recently the 25 it will be an official event after the first un-official regatta. Who wants in? Nick

Troubles No More
09-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Howard Boats
I am new here to the boards and want to take advantage of the Howard owner’s knowledge and experience. I am looking to purchase the 25 Bullet or the 22 offshore cuddy/open-bow models.
I am interested in how the Ellis trailers are and if you have had any problems?
Regarding Waterski and wakeboarding, how is skiing with the 25 Bullet or the 22 Offshore?
My last boat was a Mastercraft Prostar 190 and I looking at this boat as good Lake Mead, Mohave or Havasu boat and a decent waterski boat. Any information would be greatly appreciative.
My input on the unofficial Howard regatta.
Sometime next year, the additional time will allow everyone time to phone/mail/reach other Howard Boat owners.
Need three days. ( fri-sun)
Pick a hotel/motel that will accommodate the boats, trailers and people.
Check for near by boat launches.
Pick a time and place to meet on the river or lake.
Pick a pizza/bar place for sat night dinner and drinks.
Make it very open and relax time.
Discard the Parade, Trophies, Bar-B-Que, Dancing, Prizes, Poker Run, and Big Party –Let Mike plan this part.

SDLifesaver
09-15-2003, 04:01 PM
Howard is a great boat. Ski, pleasure, performance, it is the total package. You will pay more as you might have found out, but it's pride of ownership and quality that counts. Ellis trailers are 1 of the top 2 hands down. Ask anyone who has had a few boats/trailers. I had a competitive before the Ellis I have now. Better product in my opinion. No parade, trophies, banners, just a bunch of prowd boat owners meeting and having a good time. Are you in? Nick

TPI
09-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Dogred,
If you are looking for a great buy on a proven 25 Bullet in showroom condition, let me know. :D

Troubles No More
09-15-2003, 05:37 PM
I have seen your boat at the shop (very nice)but I need the open bow model...

BADAXE
09-15-2003, 08:15 PM
All I need is about one month advance notice and I can arrange my schedule to be there. I like Gene, he is definitely the type of guy you want building your custom boat for you. I am very happy with my decision to buy a Howard. That said, I can't even get Gene to get me a friggin hat let alone have a regatta. :D

BLOWN HOWARD
09-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey Nick do you want to start having people sending you a pm or email with everybody's name and a contact phone number and address so we can start getting a list of everybody who wants to get in on this, That way maybe by next summer we will have a pretty good idea of how many people we will have together for an event. Chris

SDLifesaver
09-16-2003, 05:40 AM
Yeah, you can pm me or email my home email and I can make a list. How about this. A practice get together 2 weekends from now in Havasu. I think it's the 26, 27, 28. I am going to start a sign up topic right now. 619-561-2385 Hm. Nick

little rowe boat
09-16-2003, 07:55 AM
SDLS we can't make it on 26,27,28 but I will give you a call at home sometime in the near future and give you my ph# and address for the future regatta. :D

BADAXE
09-16-2003, 01:33 PM
SDLifesaver:
Yeah, you can pm me or email my home email and I can make a list. How about this. A practice get together 2 weekends from now in Havasu. I think it's the 26, 27, 28. I am going to start a sign up topic right now. 619-561-2385 Hm. Nick I have plans to be at Havasu that weekend already so if you go look me up.