PDA

View Full Version : Did ya hear about this guy???

Mandelon
09-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Builder escapes freak drill accident
The drill pierced Mr Hunt's eye
A Californian builder is recovering from a freak accident in which he drilled through his head.
Ron Hunt fell off a stepladder and landed face down on his 18-inch (46 centimetre) drill.
"I ran my hands up the drill bit, up to my eye, and put my other hand in the back of my head and felt it coming through the back of my head," Mr Hunt said.
"That's where pretty much the shock set in".
"Right then, I just started praying to God. Please don't let me die. Don't let me bleed to death. I was scared," he said.
Doctors said Mr Hunt was spared death or paralysis because the drill bit pushed his brain aside, instead of pushing into it, the Associated Press reported.
In a four-hour operation they later unscrewed the 1.5 inch (3.8 centimetre) diameter drill from Mr Hunt's head.
Mr Hunt lost the sight in one eye and in the future will wear a glass eye.

jlnorthrup122
09-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Holly ****ing ouwch man! in the head and Eye Yeoww!!!!

missboatnam1
09-03-2003, 04:43 PM
that made my eyes water.....poor guy!! eek!

mirvin
09-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Dude, this guy must have lotsa dead brain cells... How the crap does a 1.5" drill go through your brain without damaging something??? I've heard of like an ice pick or a nail or someshit but this thing was like a telephone pole!!!!

mirvin
09-03-2003, 04:44 PM
How 'bout the pizza guy with the neckbomb??

al cole'holic
09-03-2003, 04:48 PM
F'n crazy shit! Last year I was pre-wiring a house my buddy was having built and "flat backed" it off a 6 footer, grazed a gas line stub up right at my side...I was damn lucky there eek!

JetBoatRich
09-03-2003, 05:30 PM
titties and beer:
he was on tv the other day ,he's OK just miss'n his eye jawdrop Nothing serious just missing an eye :D

Mandelon
09-03-2003, 05:30 PM
It went in just under his brain and sort of pushed the brain up a little.....Lucky to be alive.

JetBoatRich
09-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Mandelon:
It went in just under his brain and sort of pushed the brain up a little.....Lucky to be alive. Take luck over skill on that one! eek!

twistedpair
09-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Now I know why all my drill bits are dull. :rolleyes:
Oh, by the way , welcome aboard Titties and Beer! I can't believe that none of us degenerates thought of that name. You a Rodney Carrington fan by chance?

MagicMtnDan
09-04-2003, 07:28 AM
titties and beer:
he was on tv the other day ,he's OK just miss'n his eye jawdrop Hey look! It's Titties & Beer!
Welcome aboard! It was great going out and back to Catalina last Saturday with you and your crew (and the other boats in our 5-boat party).
Your 28 Heat got some serious air time in the ocean - it was fun to watch you flyin.
You oughta tell folks about your whirlwind driving/boating Labor Day weekend.

betty boop
09-04-2003, 08:36 AM
all i could do was say ewwwwwwwww and scrunch up the face in sympathy pain

chub
09-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Our "Safety Coordinator" had pictures this morning. The xray is F'n awesome. I have titanium jaws and two plates in my chin and the xrays are great but this guy blows my films away. My hats off to him!.

HalletDave
09-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon:
It went in just under his brain and sort of pushed the brain up a little.....Lucky to be Lucky to be alive. Holy "skull ****" bat boys and girls, you can say that again. eek!
HD

Schiada76
09-04-2003, 10:07 AM
A guy I worked for years ago had a picture of one of his employees with an auger bit like that through his head. He DRILLED in though! Bit caught in his shirt when they used to have constant on buttons on the trigger, somebody unplugged the cord when he was screaming. He drools a little and his face sags on one side but other than that he's OK.
Mandatory safety meeting tonight.........at the local bar, safety beverages on me. :D :D :D
[ September 04, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: BradP ]

al cole'holic
09-04-2003, 10:21 AM
BradP:
Mandatory safety meeting tonight.........at the local bar, safety beverages on me. :D :D :D I hear that BradP :D And with the game tonight... :D :D

spectratoad
09-04-2003, 10:41 AM
He is from the local area here. Here is the story.
Ron Hunt's friends and family have been calling him the"Miracle Man"ever since an 18-inch-long drill bit poked through his eye and out the back of his skull.
"It didn't seem possible for him to be alive, seeing him with a drill bit through his head,"his nephew Ben Hunt said.
The Truckee construction worker lost an eye but survived the freak accident Aug. 15 with no brain damage after falling from a ladder and onto the drill.
"It is a miracle, it seems like for sure,"Ron Hunt told ABC News'"Good Morning America"on Tuesday.
The 1.5-inch diameter chip auger drill bit was still in his head when his brother, Chris Hunt, and nephew, Ben, met him in a hospital emergency room in Reno, Nev.
"The nurses braced us for it before we saw him,"Ben Hunt told the Sierra Sun newspaper of Truckee."It didn't seem real _ it seemed like a movie. I wasn't sure what to feel."
Doctors explained that the drill bit pushed his brain aside rather than pushing into it, which likely would have caused serious brain damage or death, Ben Hunt said.
Truckee Fire Chief Mike Terwilliger said it was the most bizarre accident he has seen in his 32 years as a firefighter.
While drilling above his head on Aug. 15, the six-foot ladder Ron Hunt was standing on started to wobble so he tossed the drill aside _ as construction workers are trained to do. He then fell off the ladder face-first and onto the drill.
"By the time I was falling, and I let the drill go down, I was already on top of it,"Ron Hunt told"Good Morning America"on Tuesday.
"I ran my hands up the drill bit, up to my eye, and put my other hand in the back of my head and felt it coming through the back of my head,"he said."And that's where pretty much the shock set in."
He was taken by helicopter to Washoe Medical Center in Reno. After weighing their options, doctors essentially unscrewed the bit to remove it.
"We would have cut it off, but after a few minutes of drilling, we noticed that it was loose. And so we just put down our blade and twisted the bit,"said Dr. Paul Ludlow, the surgeon who performed the operation.
His nephew thinks he'll be able to laugh about it some day.
"It's just going to be one of those stories,"Ben Hunt told the Sierra Sun."He'll joke around with his glass eye and pop it out."

spectratoad
09-04-2003, 10:50 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/307drill.jpg