PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed

ULTRA28
07-11-2003, 10:46 AM
I just got some terrible news about one of the forum members' family. Joel Casillas'(owner of Genisis Custom Skiers) wife and 14 year old daughter were shot yesterday afternoon in an attempted car jacking in Moreno Valley. Joels wife is doing O.K., but his daughter is not doing so well. they say the first 72 hours are critical. So any prayers will help.

78Eliminator
07-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Oh my god, that is terrible news! I'm so sorry. What's the world coming to? :( frown

Her454
07-11-2003, 10:55 AM
I am so so sorry to hear that. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ian
07-11-2003, 10:58 AM
I'll be praying double time for the two of them!

JetBoatRich
07-11-2003, 11:04 AM
What terrible news, Our thoughts will be with them and hopes for a quick recovery

Blown 472
07-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Wow, I will be thinking of them.

Boozer
07-11-2003, 11:07 AM
My thoughts and prayers will be with them. I wish the family the best and hope she recovers from this. I really hope they catch the guy(s) that did this and make them pay for what they have done to this family.

riverracerx
My prayers are with them and their family!
I hope everything works out.

THOR
My thoughts are with the family. frown

iparky
07-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info john, I am sure all of us that frequent to boards will keep their family in our prayers of thoughts.

iparky
07-11-2003, 11:11 AM
damn double post
[ July 11, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: iparky ]

Boozer
07-11-2003, 11:16 AM
ULTRA28:
They did catch the guy. 19 year old punk ass gang member. I'm glad to hear he didn't get away with it.

Waldo
07-11-2003, 11:19 AM
That is absolutely horrible. I saw it on the news!
Here's my prayer:
"I pray that the good Lord helps the process of healing for his daughter and make her recovery a speedy one. I also ask that He give strength to their family and friends whom need as much support possible at this time. I can't imagine what they are going through and just pray that everyone recovers from this terrible event. Lastly, please help the legal system bring the criminal(s) to justice for their wrongdoings."
GOODSPEED!!!!
Waldo

RiverKitty
07-11-2003, 11:20 AM
What horrible news!!! :(
My thoughts and prayers are with them.
~RK

Waldo
07-11-2003, 11:21 AM
I meant "GODSPEED!"

NastyOne
07-11-2003, 11:26 AM
I am not a religious guy.....but I will say a prayer for the family.

Lady Rat Attack 1
07-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Oh My Goodness, My family will pray for them. What a terrible thing. Keep a good thouht, things will be ok with this many people praying for them.

Mrs Big Boy Toys
07-11-2003, 12:09 PM
That's horrible....My prayers go out to them. God be with them and help them to recover.

mbrown2
07-11-2003, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear the terrible news...my prayers go out to his family for a speedy recovery..

miller19j
07-11-2003, 12:13 PM
That is Terrible! I wish them the best! We will be pulling for them

roln 20s
07-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Thats horrible news. I'm sorry to hear that and will be praying for them. I hope they have a speedy recovery and capture the people who would think of doing this.
Roln 20s

Caribbean Jet
07-11-2003, 12:15 PM
All of our prayers to the family. I hope that they both have a speedy recovery.

01RENEGADE
07-11-2003, 12:20 PM
That is horrible news my thoughts go out to them and thier familys and hope all will recover. And hope that justice will prevail for the low lifes who did this. :mad:

LaveyJet
07-11-2003, 12:26 PM
That is bad news. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I posted the story from the newspaper earlier today. The story said two men were wounded and intimated they were the suspects. I’m now shocked to find they were innocent victims.

SS Havabrew
07-11-2003, 12:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with them. I can't begin to imagine what he is going thru. I know if it happened to my wife and daughter I would be a complete wreck.

Aqua Boogie1
07-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Prayers go out their family......

Mr.Havasu
07-11-2003, 01:40 PM
What a terrible tragedy, We will all pray for a quick and complete recovery. I can't beleive the scumbags that walk this earth with no regards for anyone else. I hope they throw the book at them.
May God watch over them and their family.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-11-2003, 01:45 PM
My prayers are with the family..... frown

mtndewdrops
07-11-2003, 01:51 PM
I said a prayer for them...and for that gangbanger to get convicted... burningm

Jungle Boy
07-11-2003, 01:54 PM
That's very sad indeed. I hope every thing works out for his daughter. What will ever stop this shit :mad: . Faster trails and more death sentences??
[ July 11, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

ROZ
07-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Boozer:
ULTRA28:
They did catch the guy. 19 year old punk ass gang member. I'm glad to hear he didn't get away with it. Horrible, horrible news!
They should turn that little prick over to us! :mad:
To echo the sentiments of the board, the family is in my thoughts and prayers.

07-11-2003, 02:00 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family and that the cowards responsible for this sensless crime burn in hell.

summerlove
07-11-2003, 02:03 PM
How very, very sad. As a father of two girls about the same age, I can't even imagine the pain they are going through. I certainly hope all turns out well for both the mom and the daughter. The power of prayer is very strong...keep it going!

hbhallett
07-11-2003, 02:13 PM
My prayers are with them and we should all keep praying for them. How tragic that someone would do this over a car! My thoughts and prayers go to their family.

burbanite
07-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Shocking!!
It absolutely sickens me when I hear how some people have so little regard for human life.
We are here for such a short time and try to do our best to live it the way we should and some low life pond scum comes along and takes away the opportunities for no reason other than the fact they cannot exist without taking.
My thoughts are with the people involved and I wish them the best.

Roland the Fisherman
07-11-2003, 03:02 PM
ULTRA28:
They did catch the guy. 19 year old punk ass gang member. This is why they make gass chambers. Some truly ugly people living amongst us. God Bless your friends. frown

Outnumbered
07-11-2003, 03:11 PM
That makes me sick :(
They need to quit letting these dirtbags go through the revolving doors at the jail. I bet the scum has prior convictions. Seems they always do. The more I think about it the more pissed I get.
God Bless the family. I hope the girl pulls thru.
OL

Riverhound
07-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Unbelievable!!!!
I don’t understand how someone can lack the very basics of human compassion, very sad.
Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Kilrtoy
07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Hopefully the Deputies will accidently place them in the wrong cell. F@#**in pricks.......

wntitall
07-11-2003, 03:18 PM
I will keep them in my prayers.

playdeep
07-11-2003, 06:43 PM
May the Lord be with the Casilla's family...

propless
07-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Prayers from the Marshall family as well!

sandblasted
07-11-2003, 06:55 PM
No one but a true coward would shoot a woman and 14 year old daughter...I hope the bastard rotts in hell!! :mad:
John, please keep us posted about the condition of the girl, I'll be praying for her.

fat rat
07-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Ask and they'll recieve........this is a tragedy that we see so often here, I wish them all the best. burningm

eliminator235
07-11-2003, 10:40 PM
My prayers are for them all

gigamurph
07-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Our heartfelt prayers go out to the Casillas family. Godspeed.

SandbarScot
07-12-2003, 07:40 AM
I have a 14 y.o. girl myself. My heart goes out to the family. I hope she recovers quickly. Heres the story:
http://www.co.riverside.ca.us/sheriff/press/03191149.htm

THOR
07-12-2003, 07:46 AM
SandbarScot:
I have a 14 y.o. girl myself. My heart goes out to the family. I hope she recovers quickly. Heres the story:
http://www.co.riverside.ca.us/sheriff/press/03191149.htm What a punk. He will get his some day.

HCS
07-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Now that pisses me off!
My prayers are with the family.
They need to put these punks away for life,
or put them to death. burningm

TPI
07-12-2003, 08:38 AM
They are in our prayers, it just doesnt make any sense to me why someone would go to such lengths to try and take something thats not theirs.

chub
07-12-2003, 09:15 AM
May the Lord bless them, and keep them, and shine his everlasting love upon their family.

JustMVG
07-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Our Hearts and Prayers go out to the Casilla's family, wishing for a speedy recovery.
The Van Gompel Family

victorfb
07-12-2003, 10:09 AM
My prayers, and good wishes go out to the family.
what a tradgety. it gets me steamed to hear that a family has to go through such an ordeal because of a stupid punk. accidents happen yes, but this sort of thing is just unacceptable. if i had my way we would have some good ole country justice and end all this gang banger crap. Urrrggg!!!
i ask all who reads this, even if you dont post a repley, just say a prayer for the family.
GET WELL SOON !!! :)

dmontzsta
07-12-2003, 01:47 PM
My thoughts are prayers are with the entire family. This is VERY scary since it is a couple of blocks down from my house. My son is 4 and going to school next year, I dont know if I want him going out here, or down in Orange County by my work.

HCS
07-12-2003, 02:01 PM
dmontzsta:
My thoughts are prayers are with the entire family. This is VERY scary since it is a couple of blocks down from my house. My son is 4 and going to school next year, I dont know if I want him going out here, or down in Orange County by my work. I here ya there, my kids also 4. I got him in private school right now and might just keep it that way.
Even though it cost every penny I got.
Not that it would prevent something like that from happening.
[ July 12, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

HCS
07-12-2003, 02:02 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
dmontzsta:
My thoughts are prayers are with the entire family. This is VERY scary since it is a couple of blocks down from my house. My son is 4 and going to school next year, I dont now if I want him going out here, or down in Orange County by my work. I here ya there, my kids also 4. I got him in private school right know and might just keep it that way.
Even though it cost every penny I got.

HCS
07-12-2003, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by dmontzsta:
[qb] My thoughts are prayers are with the entire family. This is VERY scary since it is a couple of blocks down from my house. My son is 4 and going to school next year, I dont now if I want him going out here, or down in Orange County by my work.
Double post........

burbanite
07-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Does anyonehave an update on the young girls condition?
I have been thinking about this since yesterday, I have two girls myself, 17 and 15. It must break your heart to see them in a situation like this, when there's nothing you can do for them except be there.
One of the worst feelings as a father is to feel helpless when it comes to your children, we would all rather die than see them harmed. It brings a tear to my eye....
....Wishing, hoping, praying for the best....

Seadog
07-12-2003, 05:42 PM
My niece had her 15th birthday today. Someone did that to her, I doubt they would live to be tried. My deepest sympathy to the family.
[ July 12, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Back To Havasu
07-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to both mother and daughter as well. What a tradegy...for anyone to do that over something like a car defies explanation. frown

Holy Tera
07-12-2003, 08:09 PM
To the Casilla Family;
May the Lord bless and keep you, may he shine down His countinence upon you. May He hear your grief, and lesson your load as this tragedy unfolds. May He watch over you all, and give peace to the Mother and child who suffer physically and emotionally, and give strength to the parents who must help their little girl through this awful time for many years to come. Amen.
Love to you all,
Sally J. Plant

Ultracop
07-13-2003, 12:40 PM
You got it John.......prayers are enroute.

Charley
07-13-2003, 01:44 PM
So very sad and pointless....Our Prayers are with the family and the young Lady, so sorry. frown

Raskal
07-13-2003, 02:29 PM
i hope the little girl is going to be ok .and i dont pray much but i will make sure not to forget them .i hope the basterd hangs for this stupid mother f#$ker :mad:

Boozer
07-14-2003, 05:42 AM
burbanite:
Does anyonehave an update on the young girls condition?
I have been thinking about this since yesterday, I have two girls myself, 17 and 15. It must break your heart to see them in a situation like this, when there's nothing you can do for them except be there.
One of the worst feelings as a father is to feel helpless when it comes to your children, we would all rather die than see them harmed. It brings a tear to my eye....
....Wishing, hoping, praying for the best.... I'm wondering how she is doing as well. anyone here anything yet?

burbanite
07-14-2003, 08:59 AM
ULTRA28:
The daughter is breathing on her own now and doing much better. She has a long way to go and will be in the hospital for many weeks to come. There was a lot of internal damage done to her organs. Joel thanks everybody on the forums for their prayers and support. I'm sure he will be posting here soon. Thanks. Great news!
Far from over but positive all the same. I hope her mother is doing well also, the love and support of her family and friends will play a large part in her recovery.
Thanks for the update.

eliminatedsprinter
07-14-2003, 09:13 AM
This is horrible. Please keep us updated. Thanks.

eliminatedsprinter
07-14-2003, 09:14 AM
ULTRA28:
The daughter is breathing on her own now and doing much better. She has a long way to go and will be in the hospital for many weeks to come. There was a lot of internal damage done to her organs. Joel thanks everybody on the forums for their prayers and support. I'm sure he will be posting here soon. Thanks. Thanks.

JetBoatRich
07-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Great news she is doing better, we will continue to have them in our thoughts.

07-14-2003, 10:41 AM
That is good news. Please keep us posted on her condition.

Boozer
07-14-2003, 10:43 AM
I am very glad to hear that her condition is improving and she is going to pull throw. The family will definitely continue to be in my prayers and I wish the best for them.

HotHallet
07-14-2003, 11:15 AM
I am sorry to hear that. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

hd&boatrider
07-14-2003, 12:02 PM
I am sorry to hear about that. I hope they are doing as well as can be expected. Hope they are out of the hospital soon.

BUSTI
07-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Just heard this from Israel Casillas, Joels brother, after more than 8 hours surgery this weekend the daughter is expected to make a full but long recovery. The mother was shot in the arm and the same bullet that hit her passed through her arm and into the daughters stomach. Not mentioned in the paper was that this gang of over 8 thieves attempeted to car jack a car and shooting started when the guy they tried to jack pulled his piece and started firing away in resistance and shot two of the car jackers. They split and doing so crashed 2 of the 5 cars they stole and then tried to jack Mrs. Cassillas. She saw the gun and floored the gas to get away and the jack ass shot her as she fled.
The entire family is in our thoughts and prayers!

custom ski
07-14-2003, 01:33 PM
This is Joel from Genesis Boats and I would like to thank everyone for there kind words. My daughter is going to be fine. She'll first have to go through a long recovery. I won't be posting much but I will try to give you guys updates. It was pretty scary considering they were going home from the supermarket. So everyone remember it doesn't only happen to someone else, so please every chance you get, hug and kiss and see your kids and loved ones... ( I mean see them not just look at them) even when they are being pains. Sorry for ranting but this whole thing puts life on a whole new level. see you guys and again thank you

Boozer
07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
BUSTI:
Just heard this from Israel Casillas, Joels brother, after more than 8 hours surgery this weekend the daughter is expected to make a full but long recovery. The mother was shot in the arm and the same bullet that hit her passed through her arm and into the daughters stomach. Not mentioned in the paper was that this gang of over 8 thieves attempeted to car jack a car and shooting started when the guy they tried to jack pulled his piece and started firing away in resistance and shot two of the car jackers. They split and doing so crashed 2 of the 5 cars they stole and then tried to jack Mrs. Cassillas. She saw the gun and floored the gas to get away and the jack ass shot her as she fled.
The entire family is in our thoughts and prayers! That's terrible that someone would do that. A woman with a child in the car and see's a gun and decides to flee for her and daughters life. Rather then having any sort of compassion for this woman who is scared to no end he decides that in order to protect himself and not take responsibility for his own actions he will shoot this woman and her daughter potentially killing them both and possibly ruin their lives to protect his own ( which he is obviously a waste of human flesh to begin with).
I can't belive how selfish some people can be.
It's great to hear that they are both doing well and the bad guy has been brought to justice. I hope they grill his ass for this.
[ July 14, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

SandbarScot
07-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Joel, you are a class act. My thoughts are with your daughter and your family.

burbanite
07-14-2003, 01:55 PM
custom ski:
So everyone remember it doesn't only happen to someone else, so please every chance you get, hug and kiss and see your kids and loved ones... ( I mean see them not just look at them) even when they are being pains. Sorry for ranting but this whole thing puts life on a whole new level. see you guys and again thank you Joel,
it sounds like things are going to turn out ok for you and your family, as you say, we all need to look after the important things in life, they are generally standing right next to us......

topless
07-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Joel, You and your family have been in my prayers daily as well as my co-workers prayers. God bless you. (never underestimate the power of prayer.)I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing better.

07-14-2003, 03:34 PM
There isn't a corner in hell hot enough for the chickenshit coward that would fire on a woman and child fleeing for their saftey.

Three Days Only
07-14-2003, 03:35 PM
So sorry to hear of this pointless shooting. Im extremely glad to hear all is heading in a positive direction with your family. I wish the best for your wife and daughter and hope all are home soon.

gigamurph
07-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Our prayers for were with you and yours at the start of this tragic turn of events and will continue to be so throughout your daughters long, tough road to recovery. Godspeed and God bless you and yours; and thank you for your words of encouragement. I cherish every moment with mine and hope that you will continue to do so with yours for many years to come.
[ July 14, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]

dmontzsta
07-14-2003, 08:12 PM
This is very good news, I wish her a speedy recovery and hope her parents can have a little bit more peace, especially knowing this chump is locked up, where he belongs, TRUST ME, once the fellow inmates find out what he is in there for, he will get his.
This happened literally 5 minutes from me, my family always picks up our pizza from Little Caesars right there. It makes me want to shoot that little chump in the stomach myself and see how he likes that. But violence wont solve anything...

h2oedits
07-18-2003, 04:05 AM
Joel and family -- You're in our thoughts and prayers....
Hot Boat

FMluvswater
07-18-2003, 04:27 AM
I'm glad to hear the daughter is doing better. I hope and pray for both of their continued physical recovery and for the family's emotional and mental recovery as well. That had to have been a quite traumatic event ... beyond even having been shot.
~FM
pan

Jungle Boy
07-18-2003, 05:32 AM
Good news indeed. Coming from a town of 75,000 in Alberta, Canada, I can not imagine having those kind risks to deal with on a daily basis. These low life scums need to be dealt with very harshly. Death penalty without the years of appeals for those that kill while commiting other crimes. I wish we had death sentences here. People who do this sort of thing don't deserve to be fed and housed at the expense of tax payers.