PDA

View Full Version : Yuma, Az

amorgt
10-02-2002, 07:24 AM
looking for insight about Yuma, Az? any info that you can provide "good" or "bad" about living there. thanks

HCS
10-02-2002, 07:32 AM
Go check out www.yumaarizona.com (http://www.yumaarizona.com)

amorgt
10-02-2002, 07:54 AM
thanks for the link, but looking for something with a bit more of a personal touch from someone who currently lives in yuma or has visited for some time. the generic web links don't offer a whole lot. again thanks

Her454
10-02-2002, 11:40 AM
Lived there for 15 years, what exactly do you want to know? :D

shockwaveharry
10-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Her454:
Lived there for 15 years, what exactly do you want to know? :D What took you so long to move? wink

Her454
10-02-2002, 03:05 PM
shockwaveharry:
Her454:
Lived there for 15 years, what exactly do you want to know? :D What took you so long to move? wink Funny :D Hey, theres the river and the dunes,
Havasu's only a couple hours away, SD's not too far. El Golfo, Mexico is close.... Oh yea, when the bars close in Yuma you can go across to Calif and party for another hour!
[ October 02, 2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

shockwaveharry
10-02-2002, 04:08 PM
Her454, I'm just foolin...
Actually, I'm looking forward to going down there next year since I've never been. How would you classify the River down there? Rocky? Sandy? Shallow? Beaches? Sandbars?
Thanks!

Her454
10-02-2002, 07:23 PM
If you go, check out Martinez, I like that for boating, but I havent been in quite ahile. You might ask HBJet, I think he and his other half go down often. BUT, if your into 4 wheeling or just wanna get away for a weekend I recommend El Golfo. Its not far from Yuma and its some of the best beach you will find anywhere. Just be cautious and dont *&^% with the locals and you'll be just fine. BTW, hope things worked out ok with your boat, insurance crap etc. :D

amorgt
10-03-2002, 07:44 AM
ANYTHING ABOUT THE COMMUNITY IN GENERAL. IS THE CITY ALIVE OR A SLEEPER, BOATING, SURROUNDING POINTS OF INTEREST, ETC.. THANKS

rude235
10-03-2002, 05:22 PM
i just moved from there about a year ago. there isn't much to do there unless you have water or sand toys. pretty much all points of interest are out of town. you are about 3 hours from SD, 3 hours from phoenix, 5 from vegas, 30-45 minutes from the river. there real estate prices are very reasonable compared to CA. the river there is like a hot boat mecca for boats 22ft and under! once you learn to read the water you shouldn't really have much of a problem with the sandbars. if i remember right there is something like 60-80 miles of water you run on if the water level is high enough. if you have any other questions let me know.

Kwicherbichen
10-04-2002, 10:56 PM
I do most of my boating there and have in-laws that live there. It's primarily an agricultural town/area. Other than that it's like any other place with respect to services. Housing is very inexpensive but the wages are probably a bit lower overall. It's obviouly hot as hell in the summer so be prepared.
The river spots are only 30 mins outside of town and I consider it to be the best kept secret on the river. Nearly all of the river is sandy and on the shallow side with plenty of sandbars/beachs to hangout on. Navigating the river isn't really that bad at all. Once you learn the river you shouldn't hit anything. Personally, I haven't hit a sandbar yet (10 yrs) in a jet or outboard.
Try this link it may be helpful Bestplaces.com (http://www.bestplaces.com)

Lightning
10-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Kwicherbichen:
I do most of my boating there and have in-laws that live there. It's primarily an agricultural town/area. Other than that it's like any other place with respect to services. Housing is very inexpensive but the wages are probably a bit lower overall. It's obviouly hot as hell in the summer so be prepared.
The river spots are only 30 mins outside of town and I consider it to be the best kept secret on the river. Nearly all of the river is sandy and on the shallow side with plenty of sandbars/beachs to hangout on. Navigating the river isn't really that bad at all. Once you learn the river you shouldn't hit anything. Personally, I haven't hit a sandbar yet (10 yrs) in a jet or outboard.
Try this link it may be helpful Bestplaces.com (http://www.bestplaces.com)Yeah, what he said.