PDA

View Full Version : More than one way to chill your beer....???

Ntwotrance
09-17-2003, 12:44 PM
A New Zealand man is building a cruise missile in his garage, just to prove to defense officials he can. Bruce Simpson runs a Web site, not to provide terrorists with the plans for a working cruise missile, but to prove the point that nations need to be better prepared. "I myself knew it would be easy, but I was stunned at just how easy it was," he tells the Australian Broadcasting Corp. He hopes to build the cruise missile with legal, off-the-shelf equipment for less than $5,000. His last project involved building a jet engine in his backyard and using it to cool his beer. His
Web site said at the time, "The risks should be obvious."

Boozer
09-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Ntwotrance:
A New Zealand man is building a cruise missile in his garage, just to prove to defense officials he can. Bruce Simpson runs a Web site, not to provide terrorists with the plans for a working cruise missile, but to prove the point that nations need to be better prepared. "I myself knew it would be easy, but I was stunned at just how easy it was," he tells the Australian Broadcasting Corp. He hopes to build the cruise missile with legal, off-the-shelf equipment for less than $5,000. His last project involved building a jet engine in his backyard and using it to cool his beer. His
Web site said at the time, "The risks should be obvious." I wish I still had the link to this guys website. He built a turbine that ran off propane using a Garrett turbo charger. He discovered that the propane tank would become EXTREMELY cold and worked great when put into a bucket of water full of guiness beers and that would keep his beer cold. He showed how he built the turbine and what would seem like an indepth process was made to seem very easily built.

Boozer
09-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Here's the website
Turbine Beer Cooler (http://asciimation.co.nz/beer/)

Ntwotrance
09-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Well, the story I found the most entertaining is this one:
Calcutta, India - A tiger killed one man and mauled another at the Calcutta zoo yesterday when they tried to put a marigold garland around its neck in a New Year's greeting. Prakesh Tiwari, the dead man, and Suresh Rai had been drinking before they bought the floral garlands and crossed the moat around the tiger's enclosure, authorities said. "I was shocked to see the two young men weaving about in front of a tiger with garlands in their hands," said Rakesh Banerjee, who witnessed the attack that triggered panic and a near stampede in the zoo. The men, both in their 20's, were trying to put the garland on a 13-year old male Royal Bengal tiger named "Shiva" after the Hindu god of destruction. When Rai threw the garland around Shiva's neck, the tiger attacked him. His friend Tiwari intervened, kicking the tiger in the face. The tiger released Rai, and attacked and killed Tiwari. "I saw it all; the tiger turned and jumped on the other young man and put its head on the man's neck, and within moments, the man was apparently dead, his head dangling, " Banerjee said.
Lessons learned:
-Alcohol and tigers don't mix.
-Moats are placed around animal enclosures not only to keep dangerous animals in, but to keep stupid people out.
-Shiva is an appropriate name for a Royal Bengal tiger.
-Maybe Shiva was allergic to marigolds.
Moral of this story
- kicking a tiger, especially one named after a god of destruction, in the face will get you killed.

leibniz
09-17-2003, 12:58 PM
That last story from India is worthy of it's own thread...