http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/57SunsetColumbia-med.JPG
:cool:
KC

NastyOne
07-01-2003, 10:07 AM
That is realy cool. :D

Ziggy
07-01-2003, 10:10 AM
How about this picture I've got of the Shuttle-Cargo hold open. Think I got this from MDD. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/343spaceshuttle-med.jpg

SummerBreeze
07-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Where is the photo taken? Is that Havasu in the corner?

Boozer
07-01-2003, 10:15 AM
SummerBreeze:
Where is the photo taken? Is that Havasu in the corner? Havasu must be REALLY big if thats havasu in the corner. From the elevation that the shuttle had to be in to have the cargo hold open you are probably seeing 1,000 miles of shoreline in that picture.

jlnorthrup122
07-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Being a retired Astronaught (Yes retired they retired me before I even considered it!) :D :D That looks like the difference between a hole in the ground and your asshole! :D :D

Seadog
07-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like the west coast of Europe/Africa. Top left of the night line is England/Scotland/Ireland.

91nordic29
07-01-2003, 11:43 AM
jlnorthrup122:
Being a retired Astronaught (Yes retired they retired me before I even considered it!) :D :D That looks like the difference between a hole in the ground and your asshole! :D :D i guess our first clue was that you misspelled astronaut :D
[ July 01, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: 91nordic29 ]

Havasu_Dreamin
07-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Seadog:
Correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like the west coast of Europe/Africa. Top left of the night line is England/Scotland/Ireland. That would be correct.

HCS
07-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Why is it always Africa?

wsuwrhr
07-01-2003, 12:40 PM
That is bad ass. I shot you five for that AZKC.
Brian
The shot with the cargo doors open doesn't look like it is space though.

wsuwrhr
07-01-2003, 12:41 PM
I am damn proud that my tax dollars paid for that.
Brian

Back Forty
07-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Something to think about. How does a camera see bottom details in the ocean. That doesn't appear to be just any old picture. Something isn't as meets the eye. Neat pic anyhow.
Does the Sahara always have snow? :D
Also why are the lights blazing in France while it isn't even dark yet.
It would be interesting to know the details of this image. Wait,why does it look like the sun is directly above the shadow line? Why am I seeing this stuff? I better go home and drink more beer. Work is getting to me.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-01-2003, 02:00 PM
wsuwrhr:
I am damn proud that my tax dollars paid for that.
Brian And we appreciate you paying our salaries. :D
Back Forty:
Something to think about. How does a camera see bottom details in the ocean. That doesn't appear to be just any old picture. Something isn't as meets the eye. Neat pic anyhow.Typically this would be accomplished with the types of filters that are used on the camera and then enhanced via a computer. Chances are the image was originally shot in infrared spectrum or ultra-violet light.
Back Forty:
Does the Sahara always have snow? :D Of course it does, where you been all your life, in the back 40? j/k :p

Back Forty
07-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Nose to the grind stone!!! wink

Ziggy
07-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Seadog:
Correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like the west coast of Europe/Africa. Top left of the night line is England/Scotland/Ireland. Seems to me that there is an ocean between the western European continent and Africa--don't they call it the Mediteranian???

AZKC
07-01-2003, 05:11 PM
wsuwrhr:
That is bad ass. I shot you five for that AZKC.
Brian
The shot with the cargo doors open doesn't look like it is space though. Thanks :D
KC

Infomaniac
07-01-2003, 05:15 PM
That is awesome.
We have a DVD of nothing but video footage of the earth from the Shuttle. Hours of it. Gives altitude and position.
The kids love it. It makes you feel insignificant.
[ July 01, 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Ziggy
07-01-2003, 05:17 PM
AZKC:
wsuwrhr:
The shot with the cargo doors open doesn't look like it is space though. Thanks :D
KC What you talking 'bout Willis? Ain't in Space?? It sure the F*^k ain't under water :rolleyes:

Infomaniac
07-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey I think I see RiverDave.

mbrown2
07-01-2003, 05:28 PM
Ziggy:
Seadog:
Correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like the west coast of Europe/Africa. Top left of the night line is England/Scotland/Ireland. Seems to me that there is an ocean between the western European continent and Africa--don't they call it the Mediteranian??? If you look closely you can see the Mediterranean Sea and the Strait of Gibraltar...due to the distance, it does not look that big.

Ziggy
07-01-2003, 05:56 PM
mbrown2:
Ziggy:
Seadog:
Correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like the west coast of Europe/Africa. Top left of the night line is England/Scotland/Ireland. Seems to me that there is an ocean between the western European continent and Africa--don't they call it the Mediteranian??? If you look closely you can see the Mediterranean Sea and the Strait of Gibraltar...due to the distance, it does not look that big. OK smarty pants, I'll buy it :p --sure looks like the cove I pulled into the other weekend in Havasu :D Perspective from that distance is very easy to misjudge.
So where do you suppose the landmass is in the picture that I'd posted?(the one that isn't in space :rolleyes: )..been staring at it for a few years and can't seem to figure it out. I believe the Hubble is where that pic was taken from. I kinda gave up on it since there is very little reference points to judge by.