PDA

View Full Version : Launching in Havasu this weekend?

Jrocket
05-21-2003, 05:04 PM
So wheres everyone going to be launching this weekend? Im trying to find some ideas besides Havasu Springs.I'm thinking it might be too crowded there this weekend...Sooooo? :D

mbrown2
05-21-2003, 05:10 PM
If you get there early, 8ish, the Spings should be ok, better than Havasu City...Also, there is take-off point by the dam if you get there early....If I hit the Lake on Saturday, I will be launching around 08:30.

Havasu Cig
05-21-2003, 05:12 PM
I would think the Springs would not be that bad because it is a private ramp. Otherwise I would launch early. Last time I was out there on a Holiday I launched at 5:00 am. The lines started to get bad about 7:00.

TrojanDan
05-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Havasu Cig:
The lines started to get bad about 700. [/QB]Was this at the Marina and Windsor area or are you talking about Hav Springs?

Hallett19
05-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Site 6 !!!! Look for a vehicle with a shitty brown trailer on the back with new tires, if so, there is a good chance I am on the water, or under it depending if my boat decided to float this weekend. :)

Havasu Cig
05-21-2003, 05:27 PM
This was the Marina, Windsor, Site six. We waited until 10:00 to launch one year and the Marina was closed (full), Windsor was closed (full), and the line for site 6 was past Crazthorse. I would launch early and go hang in the channel and take a nap.

LAVEYSABRE575
05-21-2003, 06:03 PM
launch at the springs the lines never get that bad maybe 7 or 8 deep thats considered out of control.Man i wish i was going oh well i,ll be pontooning it on the 30th..derek

Jrocket
05-21-2003, 07:22 PM
mbrown2:
If you get there early, 8ish, the Spings should be ok, better than Havasu City...Also, there is take-off point by the dam if you get there early....If I hit the Lake on Saturday, I will be launching around 08:30. Are you going to launch at the Springs MB? I'll call you and get a time to meet you there.Nobody is letting public launching this weekend,members only.But what they dont know,wont hurt them!!! :D

Havasu Sun
05-21-2003, 07:53 PM
We'll be lanuching at the Islander,Mid morning on Sat. Probley a long line there too. Maybe three or four boats in front of us! but thats a long line for there. It makes it worth the rent and all the strick rules we have to follow. And we will have to sit in that Damm long line again on Labor Day!! Have a Safe Weekend! HS

slowinhavasu
05-21-2003, 08:10 PM
launch as EARLY as you can, or be ready to wait in line with the Bayliners....lololo

Charley
05-21-2003, 08:19 PM
ah shit this whole thread just makes me wanna stay home! :mad:

BoatFloating
05-21-2003, 08:20 PM
JRocket, what about Cat Tail cove (state park), next to Sandpoint. We used that launch one year when water level was way down...... We are launching at Crazy Horse since we are monthly, not that bad there. :)

SandbarScot
05-21-2003, 08:41 PM
I just got invited to stay with friends this weekend at Crazyhorse. I've heard bad stories from people who left their boat in or beached there overnight. Please clue me in, am I going to have to put it on the trailer every night?

SCUBA STEVE
05-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Hallett19:
Site 6 !!!! Look for a vehicle with a shitty brown trailer on the back with new tires, if so, there is a good chance I am on the water, or under it depending if my boat decided to float this weekend. :) I hope your not talking about the 28' pontoon loaded with all the chicks?

SCUBA STEVE
05-21-2003, 09:15 PM
SandbarScot:
I just got invited to stay with friends this weekend at Crazyhorse. I've heard bad stories from people who left their boat in or beached there overnight. Please clue me in, am I going to have to put it on the trailer every night? I'll be there, I wouldnt worry too much about leaving your boat out. Security is getting better there. I would worry more about making sure your anchor line is secure. But keep in mind things can happen anywhere, any time and any place. Just use your best judgement.
I'll be in a 21' aftershock skier, blue w/red hardware, named "aquaholic" see you there.

mbrown2
05-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Jrocket:
mbrown2:
If you get there early, 8ish, the Spings should be ok, better than Havasu City...Also, there is take-off point by the dam if you get there early....If I hit the Lake on Saturday, I will be launching around 08:30. Are you going to launch at the Springs MB? I'll call you and get a time to meet you there.Nobody is letting public launching this weekend,members only.But what they dont know,wont hurt them!!! :D I thought I would launch there...I will call tomorrow to get the scoop; ie: if you need to be a member...hell if it is too tough to launch...there is always the river..

mbrown2
05-21-2003, 09:28 PM
JRocket,
Since you stay at Rio, do you know Shaggy with the Poontoon? Just mention Mike and Ralph up at Polynesian and he will know who you are talking about...
[ May 21, 2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

MirRoc
05-21-2003, 09:30 PM
putting the boat in a slip this time!!! launching on Thursday to beat the weekend rush!!!!!

WILD LAVEY
05-21-2003, 09:52 PM
sam, are you gettin a slip in the marina or in front of london bridge

SandbarScot
05-22-2003, 05:42 AM
Scuba Steve, thanks. I'll be in a 78 Eliminator 21' jet. Green, yellow, and white. See you there.

THOR
05-22-2003, 05:49 AM
Charley:
ah shit this whole thread just makes me wanna stay home! :mad: That's what I'll be doing. Just a little bbq here at the house. But, when saturday morning hits, I will be bummed thinking of all you. frown

Blown 472
05-22-2003, 05:50 AM
Sheesh, I can drive 15 min from my house and might have to wait bout 10 min if the three ramps are busy to be on the water. :D

beach gomer
05-22-2003, 06:27 AM
jrock make sure and call the springs to see if they will let you launch your boat. In the past unless you are staying there or you have a friend in the park they won't let you launch.

MirRoc
05-22-2003, 06:50 AM
WILD LAVEY:
sam, are you gettin a slip in the marina or in front of london bridge Marina
[ May 22, 2003, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: MirRoc ]

Boozer
05-22-2003, 07:01 AM
Havasu Cig:
This was the Marina, Windsor, Site six. We waited until 10:00 to launch one year and the Marina was closed (full), Windsor was closed (full), and the line for site 6 was past Crazthorse. I would launch early and go hang in the channel and take a nap. You were going to launch a cigarette boat from Site 6? I thought I was gonna lose a truck one time just launching a 25' Citation at Site 6. I wouldn't recommend launching anything over 21' at that place.

Mr.Havasu
05-22-2003, 07:14 AM
I used to launch a 25 there with a 1500 and bald tires. Almost slid backwards in once. But with 4 wheel drive or good tires it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Watch out for the rocks in the middle as you come in adjacent from the fishing pier, I ate a prop there once.( So much for the free launch)

MirRoc
05-22-2003, 07:16 AM
warlock25:
Watch out for the rocks in the middle as you come in adjacent from the fishing pier, I ate a prop there once.( So much for the free launch) well said nothing free about that

Havasu Cig
05-22-2003, 07:19 AM
We had a Mach 26 at the time. I don't think I could make the turn to get to the ramp with our current boat.
We damaged our trailer on our first 26 there a few years ago with low water conditions when it fell off the ramp as well. The ramps is fairly short!!

riverracerx
05-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Having Campbell Boats put my boat in today for me, and having them take it out on Monday evening! Screw the lines!

mbrown2
05-22-2003, 09:20 AM
riverracerx:
Having Campbell Boats put my boat in today for me, and having them take it out on Monday evening! Screw the lines! That's the best option yet :)

dkreuzen
05-22-2003, 10:32 AM
riverracerx:
Having Campbell Boats put my boat in today for me, and having them take it out on Monday evening! Screw the lines! Where are they putting you boat? The Marina?
I did the slip thing this year and my boat is already in the water.
Dennis

mbrown2
05-22-2003, 10:38 AM
We use to do the same; we stored the boat at Campbell and they would launch our boat at either Windsor or the Marina whereever we wanted it; and pick it up at a designated time

Jrocket
05-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Havasu Cig:
We had a Mach 26 at the time. I don't think I could make the turn to get to the ramp with our current boat.
We damaged our trailer on our first 26 there a few years ago with low water conditions when it fell off the ramp as well. The ramps is fairly short!! I noticed the short ramp the last time we were there.Alot of fenders have been screwed up from it.Hopefully it wont be mine.

Jrocket
05-22-2003, 08:41 PM
beach gomer:
jrock make sure and call the springs to see if they will let you launch your boat. In the past unless you are staying there or you have a friend in the park they won't let you launch. I have a few friends that have places in there.Still,I think its going to be too crowded with just the regulars....Im gonna have to get there really early to beat the locals.... :D

bear down
05-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Jrocket:
beach gomer:
jrock make sure and call the springs to see if they will let you launch your boat. In the past unless you are staying there or you have a friend in the park they won't let you launch. I have a few friends that have places in there.Still,I think its going to be too crowded with just the regulars....Im gonna have to get there really early to beat the locals.... :D My friends and I are planning to launch the boats at about 6a.m. to beat the traffic and get a good spot for the Channel. If anyone needs a spot saved let me know.

Mr.Havasu
05-23-2003, 08:19 AM
good luck saving spots! People tend to get a little upset when they can't pull in an open spot.

bear down
05-23-2003, 08:35 AM
warlock25:
good luck saving spots! People tend to get a little upset when they can't pull in an open spot. I'd just figure since we have 3 boats in our group we can just get far enough apart where the space is too small for a boat but enought to get close enough for a boat or two to squeeze in.