PDA

View Full Version : CELL PHONES???????

MJ19
09-10-2003, 08:10 PM
What opinions do you have to offer when it comes to cell phones?
What plan is the best for your money?
I'd like to find the least costing, most minutes, across the US type plan...suggestions???
[ September 10, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

JetBoatRich
09-10-2003, 08:22 PM
I have Nextel, seems like more people are getting them. I can reach most my friends and family with the "Walkie Talkie" use of the phone.

MJ19
09-10-2003, 08:26 PM
JetBoatRich:
I have Nextel, seems like more people are getting them. I can reach most my friends and family with the "Walkie Talkie" use of the phone. Your PM is full and I can't reply...

syke-o
09-10-2003, 08:28 PM
its not always about the one that is the cheapest or has the most minutes, what matters most is to find one that works in the areas you need it to work... figure out the areas that are the most important for you to have the phone working and go from there.... :D

JetBoatRich
09-10-2003, 08:30 PM
MJ19:
JetBoatRich:
I have Nextel, seems like more people are getting them. I can reach most my friends and family with the "Walkie Talkie" use of the phone. Your PM is full and I can't reply... Good to go now wink

Mandelon
09-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Can you hear me now...
Can you hear me now?
Can you hear me now?
Can you hear me now?

MJ19
09-10-2003, 08:33 PM
syke-o:
its not always about the one that is the cheapest or has the most minutes, what matters most is to find one that works in the areas you need it to work... figure out the areas that are the most important for you to have the phone working and go from there.... :D I'd like it to work all over the USA
Definately, ALL of CA & WA

Mandelon
09-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Can you hear me now?

JetBoatRich
09-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Mandelon:
Can you hear me now? Not letting this one go :confused:
Can you hear me now idea

Kilrtoy
09-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Walkie Talkie"
God I hate that feature, I DONT WANT TO HEAR YOUR CONVERSATION.
At work in the past year we have had every company and so far hands down, no close second, VERIZON, that is in the greater L.A. county and the river of course, Yes I work to, while at and from the river...

MJ19
09-11-2003, 05:07 AM
Kilrtoy:
Walkie Talkie"
God I hate that feature, I DONT WANT TO HEAR YOUR CONVERSATION.
At work in the past year we have had every company and so far hands down, no close second, VERIZON, that is in the greater L.A. county and the river of course, Yes I work to, while at and from the river... Yeah, I'm not interested in Walkie Talkie features...they don't work very well up here.
I just want a cheap enough phone plan that offers enough minutes to keep in touch. All the extras are not needed (ie e-mail, text messages, etc) If they are free great, but not needed :)
[ September 11, 2003, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

Boozer
09-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Verizon's Americas Choice Network.
I have now used Verizon, Qwest, AT&T, and T-Mobile. When it comes to national coverage there is no better provider then Verizon. The coverage is always there and the plan prices are pretty reasonable. I have 800 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes with national coverage I think that only 15% of the US is still considered roaming with this plan and thats 15% of the country that 99.9% of the countrys population will never see.
The phones themselves vary in price. I believe they have phones starting as low as 19.99 but that is for the motorola V120 and it's a POS phone if you do not hold that phone to your ear perfectly you wont be able to hear the person you are talking too. I have the LG VX4400 and I have had it for like 2 weeks now. Seems to be a good phone but it has an over abundance of features and I don't think I'd buy it again I'd definitely go for something a little more simple. They do carry the Kyocera 2325 and that phone gets my vote without a doubt.
Hope this helps.
Oh yeah. I pay 59.99 a month.
[ September 11, 2003, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

Mandelon
09-11-2003, 05:38 AM
Can you hear me now?
:p