PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to dislike liberals...

sandblasted
02-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Interesting article about school teachers picking on the children of national Guard soldiers that have been called up for service in Maine...this truly sucks!
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030227-8550156.htm

Mandelon
02-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Oh like we need another reason!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

HighRoller
02-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah,almost as pathetic as protesters shouting at sailors on the docks in Norfolk,VA as they were saying goodbye to their loved ones.I only wish they would have opened the gate and let the sailors go give the protesters a chance to say all that garbage to them in person.I don't care what,where and who we're going to war with I will ALWAYS support the soldiers,sailors and airmen who have to represent us on the front line.None of it was their decision,they are only following orders.That takes a hell of a lot more courage than marching around carrying a sign because you're a scared little sign carrying coward.Nuff said!!!

rivercrazy
02-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Jeez. The guys on the front lines defending everything the US population takes for granted every friken day taking shit? Unbelievable.....
If they don't like it go live someplace else. In other words get the F out of the country then.
I just had to say goodbye to one of my best work friends (and one of the best human beings I know) that's an Army reservist. He's on his way to Iraq. His wife, three kids, family is going through hell right now.
This shit drives me friken crazy.........

Waldo
02-27-2003, 10:29 PM
I am a special education teacher in Garden Grove, CA. I have one student (13 y/o) in particular that dresses in "camos" everyday. He eat, drinks, sleeps, and craps being a Navy SEAL. Sure, he is a little different but he is probably one of the smartest students in my class. If he could go to war for this country at his age, he would in a heart beat, not to mention that he personally wants to kill Saddam and Bin. When he serves our country, I will be damn proud...just like I am proud of all the people involved with keeping us safe at home!

MJ19
02-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Waldo:
I am a special education teacher in Garden Grove, CA. I have one student (13 y/o) in particular that dresses in "camos" everyday. He eat, drinks, sleeps, and craps being a Navy SEAL. Sure, he is a little different but he is probably one of the smartest students in my class. If he could go to war for this country at his age, he would in a heart beat, not to mention that he personally wants to kill Saddam and Bin. When he serves our country, I will be damn proud...just like I am proud of all the people involved with keeping us safe at home! Curious to hear more about his special needs? Learning differences, etc...???
Please PM me so others that are not interested in the details of this child don't have to hear it. Thanks

THOR
02-28-2003, 08:46 AM
My wife is pregant with our first now, and I am really feeling uneasy about the teacher's actions. Although I dont have any kids yet, this makes me really uncomfortable. I honestly dont know what I would do in this situation.
Those poor kids dont know any better, they are just getting treated like shit for nothing they have done. Moreover, their parents are supporting our country at all costs and they get harassed for it. Unreal

Blown 472
02-28-2003, 09:11 AM
berkenstock wearing, bark eating, hairy faced women.

02-28-2003, 09:25 AM
Get involved!! Go to the PTA meetings [they still have PTA, don't they?]or school board meetings Make your thoughts known. If you have children you have a right to know what your kids are being taught. Teachers don't stick to the "3 Rs" anymore, they teach kids their own liberal views about how evil America is and that we are the cause of all the world's probems. As long as nobody does anything about what kids are learning we will get whatever THEY want. I would bet green money that the average 7th grader knows more about global warming, greenhouse gases and the Kaiyoto[sp] agreement than he does about math, english or reading. If my kid was still in school I'd be pounding my fists on someone's desk if this is what she was being taught. burningm

Froggystyle
02-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Waldo:
I am a special education teacher in Garden Grove, CA. I have one student (13 y/o) in particular that dresses in "camos" everyday. He eat, drinks, sleeps, and craps being a Navy SEAL. Sure, he is a little different but he is probably one of the smartest students in my class. If he could go to war for this country at his age, he would in a heart beat, not to mention that he personally wants to kill Saddam and Bin. When he serves our country, I will be damn proud...just like I am proud of all the people involved with keeping us safe at home! Sounds like a lot of energy that could be focused into becoming one, and not pretending.
I'm being serious. If he is as serious as you say, perhaps we can meet for a lunch meeting sometime and I can explain to him that the cammies and talk is fine, but what is more important is developing a sense of self. An obsession with commitment and follow-through are things he will need. You learn how to apply yourself to every task like you would training or war, and they fall in front of you.
If you want to arrange a tour of my old team (SEAL team 1) or BUD/s let me know. I would be happy to stoke him out.
You might tell him this. When I decided to be a SEAL, I did so because I thought it was the hardest job in the world to do, so that was for me. It was that or McCall smokejumpers, which being a firefighter already was not too much of a stretch. (I flipped a coin)
When I got there, after all of the headaches in training, all of the injuries and pride hits, all of the delays, all of the politics and buraucracy, and I got to my platoon...
I found out it was actually the hardest job in the world. No glamour. No mischief. Plain and simple 14 hour days. Muddy all week. Cold, wet as a way of life. We never train during the day, because we never operate during the day. It beats you up, and you can't wait for more. There is a reason for all of the work, and it isn't money. There was just something about it.
Just don't expect easy...
I threw my camis away.

Blown 472
02-28-2003, 11:05 AM
I think I saw something about the training on discovery channel, laying in cold water, hauling some big ass log around, looks like some serious shit that would kill me.

Froggystyle
02-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Blown 472:
I think I saw something about the training on discovery channel, laying in cold water, hauling some big ass log around, looks like some serious shit that would kill me. You would think...
Cold water doesn't begin to describe 52 degree ocean water for a week straight. You jackhammer so badly shivering that people crack teeth.
One of the funny (in retrospect) things about Hell Week was standing in line for antibiotics (I had a couple of serious sores by day two) with everyone for their meds. You are instructed only to show up with a glass of water. This is after you have "warmed up" during your meal. (I would not consider sitting in cold sandy cloths in air conditioning warming up). You start at the line with a full glass of water, and end up at the end waiting to get your pill with a damn near dry glass, as did everyone else! You shake so badly that the water just sloshes around and you can't do anything about it. The floor is soaking wet from people standing there in line spilling water.
Like I said, funny in retrospect. Not funny then. You would get seriously sore from shaking so much. It was probably the only thing that kept you from stiffening up really badly now that I think about it.
Winter hell week sucked.

miller19j
02-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Froggystyle:
You would think...
Cold water doesn't begin to describe 52 degree ocean water for a week straight. You jackhammer so badly shivering that people crack teeth.
One of the funny (in retrospect) things about Hell Week was standing in line for antibiotics (I had a couple of serious sores by day two) with everyone for their meds. You are instructed only to show up with a glass of water. This is after you have "warmed up" during your meal. (I would not consider sitting in cold sandy cloths in air conditioning warming up). You start at the line with a full glass of water, and end up at the end waiting to get your pill with a damn near dry glass, as did everyone else! You shake so badly that the water just sloshes around and you can't do anything about it. The floor is soaking wet from people standing there in line spilling water.
Like I said, funny in retrospect. Not funny then. You would get seriously sore from shaking so much. It was probably the only thing that kept you from stiffening up really badly now that I think about it.
Winter hell week sucked. Froggy,
Did you make it on your first try, or did you have to ring the bell and go back and try again?

Froggystyle
02-28-2003, 01:08 PM
miller19j:
Froggy,
Did you make it on your first try, or did you have to ring the bell and go back and try again? First time. To this day, I will not ring a bell.

miller19j
02-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Froggystyle:
miller19j:
Froggy,
Did you make it on your first try, or did you have to ring the bell and go back and try again? First time. To this day, I will not ring a bell. That’s pretty impressive! I admire you determination.

Froggystyle
02-28-2003, 01:36 PM
miller19j:
That’s pretty impressive! I admire you determination. Thank you. It sucked.
Here is a funny (now) picture of after, then way after.
The pic on the left is of me about 4 weeks after Hell Week. I had lost most of my swelling and trauma, though I was still limping around during second phase. Basically, that was how I looked though. I weighed about 150 lbs, give or take a couple.
The pic on the right, is the day after Hell Week. I went in weighing 150 lbs, and came out weighing 176 from swelling and water retention. Be happy you can't see my legs. I couldn't even fit my feet in Teva's. My dad's exact words when he saw me for the first time on Saturday were "Jesus, you look like you were chewed up by a mountain lion and shit off a cliff!" My mom and wife just cried. This by the way is my "happy" look.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/hell_compare.jpg

Froggystyle
02-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Here is a closeup of my hands during these two pics. You can really tell. They looked like balloon animals just twisted on to my knuckles. Wherever there was a knuckle or something the swelling was pinched down to make a seam. Creepy!
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/hands.jpg

mbrown2
02-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Damn Froggy, you eyes and whole face look swollen...I am suprised that with all that training you would not lose weight and water, etc...I would think the opposite would occur, their must be some threshold you guys go beyond that would cause the body to reverse its normal mode of operation...

miller19j
02-28-2003, 03:10 PM
miller19j:
That’s pretty impressive! I admire you determination. That should have been "Your" determination. But I think you got the point.
You look pretty funny all swelled up!
[ February 28, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

Waldo
02-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Some of you need to do your homework before you speak the facts about the schooling systems. Specifically, the public education sector. I teach at a public school...everything we teach is "standards based". The state of California has developed standards for each grade of public educaton standards. Schools have been redesigning their curriculum for the past 4-5 years in order to be in alignment with the state standards. Even though I am a special education teacher, I have been apart of the team that has aligned our curriculum with the state standards. I teach my students the EXACT same thing as the other 8th grade teachers. Even though my students are reading at the 3,4 & 5 grade level, the expectation is there! Public schools are accountable for what they teach...this is tested every year with the standardized testing (used to be Stanford 9 - now is the CAT 6). Private schools, such as a Christian school, are not responsible for teaching ANY state standards! Take that as you will, they can teach whatever they want and aren't accountable for anything!
Now, don't get too angry with me, I am off my soapbox. I agree that more people (especially parents) need to be involved! I welcome the opportunity for parents to help out. Just remember....Teachers are not the primary teachers of your children...YOU ARE...we are second. Children learn more in their first five years of existence than they do the entire rest of their lives.

Froggystyle
02-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Great... so the 13 year old who wants to be a SEAL is reading at the 3rd grade level?
Um... never mind then. Our ASVAB has to be over 78, and academically it is pretty stringent.
I feel stupid now...

sandblasted
02-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Froggystyle:
Here is a closeup of my hands during these two pics. You can really tell. They looked like balloon animals just twisted on to my knuckles. Wherever there was a knuckle or something the swelling was pinched down to make a seam. Creepy!
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/hands.jpg We should send these pics to those damn teachers in maine but then again they probably wouldn't ever understand why you would go thru this. Too bad for them.

Catmando
02-28-2003, 11:39 PM
riodog:
Thor,
The answer is;
A private Christian School !
Even if said student is not of the Christian faith, the enviornment will be so much more healthy and tolerant than at the "public babysitting services" that are we used to call schools!
Riodog :) How many "Christian" schools would admit an Atheist child, or a Muslim child, or a Hindu child? They choose whom they will educate, and it won't be those kids who do not share the beliefs of the administration.
A school that teaches children that nonbelievers are going to hell, and that Evolution is the Devil's theory, is neither healthy nor tolerant.