PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever stayed at Emerald Cove in Parker??

Blown Lavey
02-03-2003, 04:49 PM
We bought a new rv and Giant rv gives you this free (supposedly) pass to go to any Colorado River Advetures Park. We were thinking of trying out either Emerald Cove or the Lake Havasu Resort.
They want you to take a 90 min tour and see the place and buy a membership is my best guess.
Any comments on the cove or the Havasu resort, good bad or about the (tour)...?
Is it worth going to check out?

Boatcop
02-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Emerald Cove is definitely worth it. Good beach, nice ramp, mostly family types. Every spot has a pad and cabana/picnic table.
Try for a spot on the front row right on the river. Watch out for the PWCs though. The place is infested with them.
Best time to check it out is in late April, early May. The weather's great, the blue-hairs are gone, and the summer idiots haven't set roost yet.

bchbum
02-03-2003, 08:01 PM
We stayed there 2 years ago .As boatcop said it's a nice place with a good ramp. They tried a hard sell on us , when we refused they were upset ,but we still got our $50.00. After we blew the engine in the boat, we used the pools alot .They have lots of games for the kids .

fatalbert
02-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Bought a membership last fall. NO, I don't work for them or have any financial interest:) Emerald Cove is a great facility; all the people that work/volunteer there are extremely helpful and nice. If you have kids, it's great. Organized kids activities like a city's recreation department so mom and dad can go do their thing; Two pools, separated by the bar/restaurant. Drinks (bloody mary, etc.) $2.00 by the pool/jacuzzi's, real hamburgers, fries (like mom makes, no micky d's) and a drink for $3.25. Quiet hours at night, I believe beginning at 8:00 P.M.; therefore no loud parties or out you go; I left my camping gear sitting outside the trailer for 3 days, never put it away, was away from it for 4 or more hours straight, and nothing was stolen or lost. Very clean facility, no trash blowing or laying around anywhere; all of the guests were super great, polite and considerate.
My family and I will be back there April 11 through April 20, '03. I just hope I have a boat to add to the trailer:)
I haven't been to their Havasu facility yet, but I don't think it has the amenities that Emerald Cove has.
It was a family decision, based upon careers, time available, and what extra things we could do for the kids. So it may not be for everyone. The thing that sold me was the security, privacy, cleanliness, etc.
good luck with your decision making process.
srs

boatnam2
02-03-2003, 10:39 PM
very nice place!

Blown Lavey
02-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the info.
What about the havasu place..?

SoCalOffshore
02-04-2003, 11:40 AM
What do they sell their memberships for? Does that include unlimited use and where on the river is it located?

RP
02-04-2003, 01:22 PM
I have a membership for sale... if you're interested PM me.

jimmieleeraybob
02-04-2003, 02:08 PM
I bought a membership there in '99. As a member, you don't need reservations. After you buy your membership, you pay a yearly maintaince fee. All it cost me now is the fuel to get there. I store my boat 1/2 mile north at Rio Del Colorado and launch on the river or tow 30 minutes to Havasu.
The resort in Havasu is smaller, but close to Windsor launch. You only need reservations during snow-bird season. They also have locations in Needles, Yuma, on the Sea of Cortez in Mexico, and Cherry Valley.
Its not for everybody, but it works well for us. :cool: