PDA

View Full Version : old boat ratings

fatalbert
03-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Should probably do this another way, but for late 1970's and early 1980's, in general, how would you rate the following in terms of overall boat quality, centered on the day-cruiser style models.
1. Nordic
2. Tahiti
3. SleekCraft
Narrowing the purchase picture.
thanks
srs

NMlakerat
03-02-2003, 01:31 AM
I have been in them all and owned a 77 sleekcraft 19' jet just check it out real well look under seats and carpet for dry rot check for stress cracks ect. that sleek i owned took a beating by me for over 10 years with no hull problems i enjoyed it just my .02

NMlakerat
03-02-2003, 01:31 AM
I have been in them all and owned a 77 sleekcraft 19' jet just check it out real well look under seats and carpet for dry rot check for stress cracks ect. that sleek i owned took a beating by me for over 10 years with no hull problems i enjoyed it just my .02

blownrat
03-02-2003, 08:46 AM
iown a 87 tahiti, no cracks,no rot, as solid as the day it was new.

Thunderbutt
03-02-2003, 09:16 AM
fatalbert:
Should probably do this another way, but for late 1970's and early 1980's, in general, how would you rate the following in terms of overall boat quality, centered on the day-cruiser style models.
1. Nordic
2. Tahiti
3. SleekCraft
thanks
srs What about
Spectras
Schiada
Eliminator
Racincraft
Campbell
They were all better quality then the one's you mentioned. And i'm sure there were more

AZKC
03-02-2003, 09:26 AM
I like the big SleekCrafts, I think their a good value for their size, I'd like to find one with an outdrive instead of a jet and restore it.
KC

hack job
03-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Thunderbutt:
fatalbert:
1. Nordic
2. Tahiti
3. SleekCraft
thanks
srs What about
Spectras
Schiada
Eliminator
Racincraft
Campbell
They were all better quality then the one's you mentioned. And i'm sure there were more rayson craft boats are good boats from what i have seen aslo all the other boats that you had said, i personlay have a spectra and love it.

fatalbert
03-02-2003, 10:44 AM
I didn't mention Spectra, Schiada, Campbell, etc., primarily because I have not been able to find one that fits my budget. I do agree with you, everything I have read says that those others are better built boats. I was just seeking input on those three because I keep finding ones that are the style I want and fit the budget, so that the kids can learn to ski this summer.
Most everyone here has much more extensive boat knowledge and background that I do.
thanks for the input
srs

HighRoller
03-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Tahiti is a solid choice and the 82 Eliminator I just sold was great!!My favorite is probably the 20ft Spectra.Nice lines and a great bottom.(sounds like a chick I once new...) eek!

Back To Havasu
03-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Of the three choices you display, Nordic is the best in my opinion. Hand built, terrific gelcoat, and rock solid. My $.02. wink

SPECTRABRENT
03-03-2003, 09:08 PM
FatAlbert,
Of the three boats that you listed, Nordic is the best, they build a nice boat.
Brent

fatalbert
03-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the input. I had come to that conclusion and was looking for final confirmation. And finally, I'm almost a boat owner. Driving 1400 miles round trip on Friday and Saturday to pick up a 1984 Nordic, 23' Viking. I'll post pics when I get back (if I can teach myself how to do that.
Thanks for all the great input. All who gave input helped me make a good decision.
:D
thanks again
srs