PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist killed by runaway boat

Kilrtoy
08-11-2003, 11:51 AM
The news just reported that on the 57 freeway a uhaul towing a boat broke free and crossed traffic lanes through the center divider and killed a motorcyclist in the diamond lane. The uhaul driver stopped looked at the motorcyclist and then fled the scene....

dimarcobros
08-11-2003, 11:54 AM
That is terrible!!! My thought will be with the drive of the motorcycle. :(
DMB

Boozer
08-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Kilrtoy:
The news just reported that on the 57 freeway a uhaul towing a boat broke free and crossed traffic lanes through the center divider and killed a motorcyclist in the diamond lane. The uhaul driver stopped looked at the motorcyclist and then fled the scene.... Why would you flee the scene of something like that? The driver of the U-Haul probably wouldn't even get in trouble for that but now he's f'd. What a moron especially to think you could flee the scene and get away with it. As if the boat cant be traced to you and people arent going to see you and get your license plate number. Irresponsible people piss me off. I have had my car involved in hit and runs 2 times. Both while parked on the street someone would hit it and take off. Pretty shitty thing to experience.

UBFJ #454
08-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Can anyone say, "Hot Boat".

Ntwotrance
08-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Well, while he did flee the scene, what's to say that the boat wasn't stolen? It is a shame this happened, good reminder to always check those chains.....

Hallett19
08-11-2003, 12:20 PM
What day and what time and off what exit ? I was down there today !

AzDon
08-11-2003, 06:26 PM
The guy was a moron for stopping to look before fleeing....If he was unaware that he lost the boat, there would be no "hit and run" intent. He probably wouldn't be able to deny his rental of a u-haul though and would still be screwed. Stopping and facing the music is almost always the best behavior, especially if you've left something traceable behind!

VillainDave
08-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Kilrtoy:
The news just reported that on the 57 freeway a uhaul towing a boat broke free and crossed traffic lanes through the center divider and killed a motorcyclist in the diamond lane. The uhaul driver stopped looked at the motorcyclist and then fled the scene.... I feel bad for the motorcyclist, But it's freaky things like this that make me feel that when it's your time it's your time!!!

Timer
08-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Final Destination, then Final Destination 2.

ACCEPTENCE
08-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Saw this story on the news tonight.
Turns out it was a freekin sailboat, a big ol goffy thing at that.
It's just a matter of time b/4 they catch up with the driver!!!

Kilrtoy
08-11-2003, 08:43 PM
The guy was a moron for stopping to look before fleeing....If he was unaware that he lost the boat, there would be no "hit and run" intent. He probably wouldn't be able to deny his rental of a u-haul though and would still be screwed. Stopping and facing the music is almost always the best behavior, especially if you've left something traceable behind!
What are you ****in kidding.
Jesus Christ how much more evil can you get. Kill a person and leave like you just hit a fly....

AzDon
08-12-2003, 07:31 AM
I saw a bigrig lose a spare tire on the 5 in Norwalk. It rolled over the center divider fence and landed on the windshield of a Cadillac. The guy who lost the tire increased his speed. I chased him, got him stopped and briefly told him that now that he was aware, I was going to give him about 10 minutes to call the CHP before I called to make sure he did. If he had not been aware of the accident, no intent for hit and run would have existed. He merely would have learned later that he had lost his spare somewhere!
About Two years ago at Christmas, a Havasu family was killed in a head-on near Buckeye caused by a driver passing recklessly who was nowhere to be found after the accident. When they tracked him down, they couldn't charge him with anything because he wasn't aware an accident had occurred and the evidence that he was the guy wasn't strong enough.
Because I travel a lot of two-lanes, including Rice Rd, I've thought plenty about this, and I'm sure that anybody that comes at me expecting that I'm going to leave the road so that they can continue unscathed and anonymous, had better re-think their mortality!
I would never consider hit-and-run as an option! I was merely trying to point out that causing an accident doesn't always meet the definition of "involvement".