PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sanitarium

got river?
08-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Just got back from seeing Linkin Park and Metallica at the Coliseum...
What a great show.
Kind of reminded me of the river with all the beer, loud music, and girls flashing the crowd between bands.
Anyone else there?

FMluvswater
08-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Color me envious!!! :p Two of my fave bands in the same concert? Hot damn! That must have been one mofo of a kick ass show! :cool: :D Other than the flashing :rolleyes: between sets what were the highlights of the actual concert? :)
boost referenced

got river?
08-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Linkin Park played some new stuff and old stuff. They play with so much energy and it comes across well in a show.
Metallica has so much stage presence. James Hetfield had the audience eating out of his hand with us responding to his questions, getting everyone amped, singing lyrics back to the band, etc. Pretty amazing with 60k people in a venue the size of the coliseum.
Overall, just a great show. Huge stage with video screens, fireworks and fire, pretty relaxed security, nice breeze...although parking and traffic was a nightmare.
Josh

Napanutt
08-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Saw the Summer Sanitarium show in 2000 at Candlestick Park,best show I've ever seen...I've seen AC/DC (4 times),Ozzy (once),Def Leppard,Judas Priest and SS was by far the best,Korn really rocked,the whole standing room floor was bouncing up and down (if you've never seen Korn or someone similar to them live you won't know exactually what I'm talking about) but hopefully you get the picture...