PDA

View Full Version : Controversial

THOR
02-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Did anyone see the front page of the sports section in the LA Times this morning.
A girl named Toni Smith, who is a senior on her college basketball team, routinely turns her back on the American flag while the national anthem is being played. Kind of got me fired up early today.
I was curious if anyone saw this besides me.....

spectratoad
02-28-2003, 08:53 AM
I have been listening to that on the radio for the last few days. One solution was to have her stay in the locker room since specific school rules prohibit disruptive behavior.
My personal feeling is that she should try to live in Iraq and turn her back on their flag see where she ends up. devil
It is one thing to disagree with your countries actions and let it be known but when you turn your back on the flag you defy everything that the flag stands for.
That flag is the only thing that gives her the rights to turn her back on it. That flag is a symbol that represents all the lives lost that gave her that right.
I am in the military and that flag means alot to me. I will however fight to the death to give her that right to turn her back on our countries symbol even though I think she is a piece of $h!t for her actions. Alot of the current events seem to make people think they have the right to trample on everyones graves under the guise of freedom of speech. The standards of behavior have been lowered tremendously for alot of people.
Alright, (kick self) get off the soapbox. :D

twistedpair
02-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Yeah, O'Rielly was talking about that bitch the other night. Sad that people fight and die for her right to be a dumbass. I don't agree with everything our government does, but show some respect for the people who gave you what you have.

Liberator TJ1984
02-28-2003, 09:00 AM
I read that story..she turns her back on the flag because of the amount of money spent on going to war , but how little money is being used for education and our needs here at home to make things better for all that live here...basicly Government turning it's back to the people in need is the feeling I got..... :confused:
I do not agree with her turning her back , but being the country we are she has the right :(
Gopherrr

beached 1
02-28-2003, 09:01 AM
I wish no one would notice when someone does this sort of thing. How cool would it be if no one cared how she felt and it got no news coverage?

THOR
02-28-2003, 09:08 AM
I know I would feel a hell of lot better if it got no coverage. She probably wouldnt do this if it wasnt a big media story.

spectratoad
02-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Yeah, That is why I sometimes get pissed but for the most part I ignore these people. They are most often in the minority. I think it is accurate to say that most people understand that we need to do something about Iraq, not the people but the dictator. The UN speech that MJ19 or Mrs. MJ posted very nicely pointed out that fact as to where France & Germany's interest's really lie.

twistedpair
02-28-2003, 09:17 AM
What really pissed me off about that deal was security kicking out the Vietnam Vet who was in the crowd holding up an American flag. :mad: burningm
Sorry Sir, you can fight for free speech, but don't try to exercise it.

Laveyman
02-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Does the vast majority of the people who have a clue truly give a fock what some 16-year old, snot-nosed little C you enn T thinks or does? I mean think of it...Most of us have butt hairs older than that little biotch. Not to mention life experience and wisdom far greater than she can comprehend at her simple age.
The ONLY reason she got any exposure is because the media LOVES to show anti-American crap. It sells air time. The true people we should be mad at is the media for giving the little biotch the exposure.