PDA

View Full Version : Canon Camcorders - Model #'s

HammerDown
03-05-2003, 01:32 PM
ZR65MC OR ZR70MC Digital...any pro's :D /con's yuk ?
Thanks...

rrrr
03-05-2003, 01:41 PM
I have a ZR45MC (can't run with the big dogs :p ) and it shoots great video. The 65 and 70 are similar, just have better capabilities. The Firewire interface is cool, and the controls are pretty straightforward.
It's compact and works really well in uh, low light situations too! :D :D

HammerDown
03-05-2003, 01:46 PM
rrrr
It's compact and works really well in uh, low light situations too! :D D [/QB]Thanks for the reply...repair history would also be helpfull...And how much for one of those (low light) tapes> eek! :D

RiverTime69
03-05-2003, 02:40 PM
All the features of the ZR65MC, plus 22X Optical Zoom/440X Digital Zoom, Motion JPEG Movie, Super Night Mode, an Advanced Accessory Shoe for powering a microphone or video light and selectable Color Light-up Buttons.
• MultiMediaCard and SD Memory Card technology
• Multi-Image Screen
• Progressive Photo Mode
• XGA High Resolution Photo Mode
• USB port for Still image transfer
• MiniDV format
• Super Night Shooting Mode
• Motion-JPEG
• Advanced Accessory Shoe
• Selectable 6 color light-up VCR buttons
• Color viewfinder
• 2.5" color LCD viewscreen
• 22x optical zoom/440x digital zoom
• Color Night Shooting Mode
• Image stabilizer
• Digital photo mode
• IEEE 1394 digital video in/out port
• Digital effects
• Built-in stereo condenser mic
• AE shift
• Microphone terminal
• Lithium ion power
• Wireless remote controller
• Analog video in/out ports with analog to digital converter
• Program auto exposure
Everything I read says it's a great camera for the $$. You should be able to pick it up for about $600 - $650.

uvindex
03-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Hey HammerDown... Can't offer any input on those particular models, but I did want to mention that I have a Canon mini-DV (Optura Pi) which I bought probably three years ago -- it has always worked great for me and I've never had a problem with it (even after taking it to Lake Powell where that extra fine, powdery sand gets into everything.) Just some input from a happy Canon DV customer. :)
Happy boating,
CS

beyondhelpin
03-05-2003, 04:24 PM
HammerDown:
ZR65MC OR ZR70MC Digital...any pro's :D /con's yuk ?
Thanks... I just ordered the Cannon ZR 40. I just wanted a less expensive camcorder this time and make sure all the formats have washed out. It is last years model and I paid $388 plus $26 shipping. All three models have mixed reviews. From every review I have read there is no difference in last years and this years. They are being sold at about $100 less right now. I purchased at 6th Avenue Camera. I have bought from the before and never had a problem. They have good retailer reviews.
I went with the 40 because I already have a digital camera. The slightly larger zoom and pic taking ability are the only real differences in the higher priced ZR models.
I had to order my in a hurry cause my 3 year old $1200 top of the line (for the smaller HI8 camcorder) broke and I needed one quickly. Could not find any one to fix it for 3 weeks. Plus I just wanted some digital video. Did not even have time to research before ordering. Another reason I went cheap.
A little late but I have done quite A bit of research since. The two things that were mentioned as being poor are low light performance and the fact you could hear motor noise in silent scenes. Most people thought this was not a problem but you never know. I am not sure if I would have bought it if I had read the reviews before hand. But hey for the price.
reviews and prices (http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__cat_id--11140000,att259--43010%2D,de_id--300.html)
prices and reviews (http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=47/topcat_search=1/form_keyword=camcorder/mode=google/ut=440eabbba820724a)
zr forum (http://www.camcorderinfo.com/board/list.php?f=9)

beyondhelpin
03-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Heres another review site that list a lot of magazine reviews of every camcorder imaginable.
reviews (http://www.ecoustics.com/Home/Home_Video/Camcorders/Camcorder_Reviews/)

HammerDown
03-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the replys...any other pro's :D /cons yuk ...guess what I'm really concerned about is reliability issues with Canon...just receved the Conusmers book and it rates Canon kinda low :( with break down problems. Buts rates them pretty good :) with picture quality and features.