PDA

View Full Version : WNBA, Gotta Love It!

24RODjr
09-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Who needs the NBA when you can watch a woman steal a pass, drive the length of the court, and then Lay It Up With Authority?!?!
I LOVE a basketball league that no one can dunk!
Sorry...just venting
[ September 24, 2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

SmartMoney
09-25-2003, 07:19 AM
I thought Lisa Leslie of the Sparks put one down last year....does anyone remember?

totenhosen
09-25-2003, 08:14 AM
SmartMoney:
I thought Lisa Leslie of the Sparks put one down last year....does anyone remember? That was more of a "grease" dunk.

eliminatedsprinter
09-25-2003, 11:40 AM
The first female to ever dunk in an official game was a H.S. girl who did it a couple of years ago. Lisa L. did finally get her tall, slow, stiff, self the 12 or 13 inches in the air required of her to slip a weak dunk over the rim in a game (I think it was last season).
Marion Jones, Sheryl Miller, and a few others have dunked a lot in practice and exibitions etc..
Miller is, of course, still the best female basketball player ever and the only one who was ever good enough to play with the boys at about a H.S. level.
Womans basketball is still the least refined of the major sports. It is way behind Track, Tennis, Skating, Vollyball, Softball and a bunch of other sports in talent and money etc...Hopefully this will change soon, since many of the kids in H.S. and college today are already better than most of the women in the WNBA.
[ September 25, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]