PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Insurance

bchbum
02-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Has anyone used them , without us getting taken to court are they anygood ? They gave me a good quote at the show! Also need the ph# to transfer my boat to AZ. tags -forgot who does it .
thanks

DAB
02-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Bchbum, we also have them on our new boat. Picked them up last June and the initial process went off without a hitch. Answered all of our questions, but haven't filed a claim so I couldn't help you there. Good Luck
DAB

Nubbs
02-25-2003, 08:29 PM
I picked them up last year around August. Their price was a little higher, but they were the only place that would take me. My driving record was not in tip top shape let's say. No complaints since. I haven't filed a claim with them. Hopefully I won't have to. Good luck.

LakesOnly
02-25-2003, 08:40 PM
I currently have three policies with them: 1) auto policy, 2) motorcycle policy, and, 3) watercraft policy.
Last year, I actually had to submit a claim for a 2 mph accident in my truck. It was taken care of by them and without any effort from my end.
As far as the waterctraft policy, it seems just as good: when they found out my 18 ft jet boat did not have an engine cover, they said they would not allow a renewal when my current policy expires (engine cover is a policy requirement in my case). Please note that they did not cancel me on the spot because the boat's lack of an engine cover was overlooked by them (long story) and so since they initially wrote me a policy, they honored it! :)
Finally, I have personally performed a great number of damage estimates and repairs of motorcycles, ranging from dings in fuel tanks to completely totalled bikes where my damage estimates have been $8000-$12000. Progressive never nickel & dimed me; they insepected the bike(s) and wrote the check.
These experiences are good signs to me.
LO
[ February 25, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

Waldo
02-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Beachbum, I just received the "application for AZ watercraft certificate number" form in the mail. Call the AZ Game and Fish Dept. @ (602) 942-3000. Get to the operator and ask for the "watercraft" registration. They will then take your name and send you an app. My boat will be $83/year to register in AZ. Better than the luxury tax here in CA every year.

Her454
02-26-2003, 08:08 AM
Currently have my Blazer thats lifted, 36' off road tires, lots of extras that no one else would take, and my car, and the boat. They have been very accomodating and easy to deal with. Have not (knock on wood) had to file a claim yet so I cant help you there but I've heard all positive from others that have.

Zuumer
02-26-2003, 08:30 AM
We've had lots of claims from customers through Progressive here in Havasu and have NEVER had a problem with them. As was posted earlier, they never nickel/dime us and the check is right now. AND they're prompt as hell gettin' and adjuster out to the shop. I'd recommend them highly unless their price range is outa sight. Don't know what they charge but from my end they're really good.
Let us know :) :)

bchbum
02-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone for all your great info. I'll be calling them tomorrow , Might see about doing the house & cars also.

green go
02-26-2003, 07:36 PM
never seen a claim paid always been a fight when its been a boat

LUVNLIFE
02-26-2003, 07:45 PM
I use them but have never had to file a claim myself. The people who did turn me onto them had turned claims in and said everything was good.

Just Tool'n
02-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Contact Worldwide Marine underwriters
800-339-1235 Robert claims he is the largest
Hi-Perf insurance writer in the nation. He wrote mine with progressive, for a heck of a lot less than progessive themself quoted me. Less than 1/2 on the same exact boat & coverage