PDA

View Full Version : Just sittin' here

roostwear
09-21-2003, 03:58 AM
I'm up a little early, can't sleep, and haven't been able to for hours. I thought I'd let the family get some sleep before they take me to the hospital. You see, I did something stupid yesterday, and hopefully others can avoid this. I bought a 23 roadster, and rebuilt the brakes yesterday. Everything checked out ok, so I thought I'd run down to the gas station to put a few gallons in it.
I'm in the process of sorting out a few minor problems with it.... the most annoying, a slow cranking problem. Anyhow, my oldest son and I go to the gas station and fill up, and guess what.... it won't start. I figured why block the pump, so let's push it off to the side to get it started. We start pushing, and the driveway starts to slope down, and we pick up a little speed. Here's where a little explanation is required. My roadster has 16x15 track tires on the rear.... kinda wide. Anyhow, mt son says we're picking up speed, shouldn't we slow it down. I go to jump in to put on the brakes, and here's where it goes bad. Anybody ever have an ATC? Remember why they always said don't put your foot down? Well, it goes for ALL open wheeled vehicles! The tire ran up the back of my left leg and since my ankle only bends so far... well you get the idea. Cars are alot less forgiving than a ATC. I stumped around yesterday to get my stuff done, but it's time to go to the hospital for a cast (hopefully that's all).
Sorry this is so long winded and pointless, but I couldn't find the "who's still up" thread j/k. It's almost 5am now, so I'll let 'em sleep a couple hours longer. Ever notice how stupid shit like this kills a weekend?

DansBlown73Nordic
09-21-2003, 04:12 AM
Very sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope the car is OK... wink
I dropped a floor jack on my foot last fall. I was pulling it across the garage when the handle fell of. It dropped about two feet to smash the top of my foot. eek! My foot blew up like a Balloon. My wife watched the hole thing. I looked at her and said " Im Going In The House" cry My foot was screwed up for three months. :(
I hope you find out its just a bruise.

roostwear
09-21-2003, 04:28 AM
Bummer about your foot, hope it's ok now. It's not a bruise, you could hear the snap 10 feet away. I just hope the joint is broken, and not the ligments. I went through THAT on the other ankle years ago, and it's worse than a break. I guess what is bugging me the most, is the inevitable 3-4 hour wait I'll have to endure at the hospital. What a way to F up a day!
[ September 21, 2003, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

DansBlown73Nordic
09-21-2003, 04:53 AM
Tell them at the Hospital you have an appointment to go to... wink I hate waiting in the hospital. They make a project out of a hang nail. eek! I don't expect to be put ahead of a serious person but waiting for three hours for a X-ray..... burningm
[ September 21, 2003, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Dans66Stevens ]

little rowe boat
09-21-2003, 05:37 AM
Good luck with the ankle and the hospital.I broke my ankle a couple of years ago and went to the E.R. and they told me I had a 6 hr. wait,so I said screw it went home and went to bed got up early and went back and they took me right in.Here in Calif. the E.R can be and usually is a zoo.

JetBoatRich
09-21-2003, 05:42 AM
Bad news, take care of the leg and hopefully it is not as bad as you described.
Those darn ATC stories, you started to tell your story and right away when I heard you were pushing I was thinking of those wide tires.
Take care and let us know what they say :mad:
[ September 21, 2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Windy
09-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Now I dont feel so bad about how I broke my leg on the way home from CBBB.
Hope you feel better soon.
MissHBjet

VillainDave
09-21-2003, 09:07 AM
I hope you heal ok , but remember this ain't Bedrock!

Mandelon
09-21-2003, 01:50 PM
I am thinking there was probably a better way to stop the car than with your body. :confused: J/K :D
I hope it is not too serious.

Kindsvater Flat
09-21-2003, 01:59 PM
That brings back memories of growing up with 3 wheelers. Last winter I was lighting the heater in the shop. I lit the pilot came down the ladder and turned on the wall switch. I heard it click but didn't hear the whoosh of when it lights off. I shut the wall switch off, climb the ladder and look inside. WHOOSH! It lit. Got blown off the ladder onto the forklift. That didn't hurt to bad but the smell I had in my nose didn't smell good. Go into the house and check damages and the wife asked "What are you burning?" simple reply was "my face". Lost all facial hair and moved the hair line back an inch.

gigamurph
09-22-2003, 12:24 PM
MissHBjet:
Now I dont feel so bad about how I broke my leg on the way home from CBBB.
Hope you feel better soon.
MissHBjet I musta dozed off when ya told that story Windy! Just how did you break your leg? Or can it be repeated in mixed company?
.....and roostwear; hope it's not too serious but there is one bright side(?). At least it's at the end of the season! Good luck dude!
[ September 22, 2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]