PDA

View Full Version : Another Computer Question>>>

HammerDown
01-03-2003, 07:36 AM
When I purched my Dell...it came with 6 months of AOL and 3 months of Norton Anti-Virus...is this something thats really needed? Are there any other options?...I'm guessing they now want some $ for this Virus protection thing...thanks for any info.
[ January 03, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

GlastronGuy
01-03-2003, 07:40 AM
You don't need AOL but you do need an anti virus. IMHO, Nortons is the best but others work as well. You can go to www.newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com) and get it for cheaper than what they will try to sell it to you for after your trial ends. Last year I got 2002 SystemWorks Pro for less than $25.

Craig
01-03-2003, 07:40 AM
IMO, dump the AOL in the round file, get the Norton. I picked up that damn Klez virus from the web when I didn't have any virus protection. What a pain, I bought the Norton and it must have caught 10 different bugs. Well worth it.
[ January 03, 2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

XClutchboy725
01-03-2003, 07:41 AM
I'm assuming you posted from the machine you are talking about, so you have an ISP (internet service provider). I would strongly recommend using IE (internet explorer) as your browser and removing AOL's software from your computer. You already have everything you need thanks to microsoft!
Oh, as far as the Norton Anti-virus goes... sure! give it a whirl. It's not going to chew up resources or take over any associations like AOL like to do.
............just my .02 :rolleyes:

Her454
01-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Definitly use the Anti-Virus. Norton or otherwise but I would never be without it.