PDA

View Full Version : Need Input on Shockwave Boats???

NOTALENT
07-15-2003, 02:55 PM
I am planning on purchasing a Shockwave 21ft boat jet boat. I havent heard any bad things about Shockwave so I wanted to know if any of you know about them???Please help. :confused: :confused:

SoCalOffshore
07-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Your safe, go ahead and buy one or two for that matter. :D

SCUBA STEVE
07-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Nothing against shockwave or jets, but after having a jet boat this season, and doing what I do, I wish I would have went with an I/0.

hot_diggity_dog
07-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Nothing against shockwave or jets, but after having a jet boat this season, and doing what I do, I wish I would have went with an I/0. Scuba,
Time te sell the boat, wink remember everything is for sale for the right price. :D
Hot burningm DD

SCUBA STEVE
07-15-2003, 03:23 PM
I think about it everyday. But I cant afford what I want right now, and I dont think I want to be boatless either.
28' Magic deck boat with all the bells & whistles.

Back To Havasu
07-15-2003, 03:57 PM
I have been very happy with our Shockwave 21. The quality and customer service are terrific. I've owned Campbells, Eliminators, and Nordics, and I believe Shockwave to be among the top builders. I too struggled with whether to go prop. or jet. I finally went prop., but I can make a case either way. :D

shockwavebd
07-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Bropb16:
I am planning on purchasing a Shockwave 21ft boat jet boat. I havent heard any bad things about Shockwave so I wanted to know if any of you know about them???Please help. :confused: :confused: I have heard nothing but good things also........But than again I sell them wink
Come by and see me...........Barry
:D

Kilrtoy
07-15-2003, 06:56 PM
OH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON SHOCKWAVE.
They are the nicest group of human beings you will ever meet. Wether you are spending 30 grand or 250 grand, they treat everyone the same as if you are their favorite customer. Boats are at the top of the food chain. Crawl through one and look in all the hidden places. That is what will sell you when u look at others and how poor their hidden places finish work is.......Their rigging is the best in the industry..... I would go with a step sjier it can handle the rough water better than the skier. Also only get a jet if your into the laughlin to needles thing. ANywhere else go I/O better top speed and handling all around.... Put at least the 385 horse power in it......anything else write me

Kilrtoy
07-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Watch out for that BARRY GUY, Just kidding Barry

TCHB
07-15-2003, 07:50 PM
When we were looking for a boat the guys at Shockwave were real nice people. We toured the shop and like what we saw. If you can afford it look at the 25ft Tremor.

rivercrazy
07-15-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm on my 2nd Shockwave. We had a 1998 21LS 454 Mag jet boat. Put 5 hard summers on it and 360 hours. I sold it for only a few thousand less than I paid for it and it looked as good as it did when we picked it up. They build them to last and really attend to all the details. Nothing ever went wrong with the hull or rigging.
We now have a 25 Tremor closed bow and love the boat.
Their customer service is outstanding. Both before and after the sale. Bob is one of the best riggers in the industry and Danny is one of the best gelcoaters.
My .02 cents anyway. Good luck with your decision making process.
If you want some more feedback, email me

Kilrtoy
07-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Rivercrazy,
what is under the hatch and how fast top speed all that good stuff
Most of all how does it handle the havazoooooo afternoon, morning, mid-day chop....

NOTALENT
07-16-2003, 01:09 PM
thanks everone for the information I am still looking but it will take a while. Barry I will make sure to stop by and see you to talk more about it. Im only 19 so a brand new boat is out of my range. Got any used???

shockwavebd
07-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Bropb16:
thanks everone for the information I am still looking but it will take a while. Barry I will make sure to stop by and see you to talk more about it. Im only 19 so a brand new boat is out of my range. Got any used??? Not at this moment but We get stuff all the time ,so stay in touch the used shockwave's I do get go really fast
Thanks ...Barry

Kilrtoy
07-16-2003, 01:32 PM
what goes fast,
The boats or you barry

Steamin' Rice
07-16-2003, 01:35 PM
I have a 29 Shockwave that I picked up a little over a year ago. I've been really happy with the boat - Bobby, Danny, and Barry at Shockwave are great to deal with.

NOTALENT
07-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Will do Barry thanks for the help.

roln 20s
07-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Brophb16-
I can only speak of how they treated me when I wanted to take a shop tour. I was traveling from Phx to Northern Cali for school and wanted to stop by, on a saturday. They waited for me to arrive and let me ask all the questions I wanted, walked around the shop 100 times, and had a great experience. The key I would point out: "I was traveling from Phx to Northern Cali for school" I wasn't even 20 yet, and they knew that, and waited around knowing that I was a starving college student with a huge appetite for custom boats. Their production, service and quality was among the best I've seen, and I have been to nearly all west coast custom builders. I have yet to hear ONE bad thing about them, and you rarely see any used boats. If they are available, they are sold quick. I would definately recommend them for a jet when you are ready and stop by for a tour. Its great!!
By the way, when I was there they were building the 25 tremor that was in ***boat a couple years ago. It was teal, pink, etc openbow/cuddy. I saw all the detail and labor, and was impressed. And especially for the dollars you are spending.
I'm only 22, done with school and have a real job, and can't wait to by my first boat. And all the companies that put up with my calls and questions, treated me like I had 100K cash, definately have a great shot at earning my business. Those experiences aren't forgotten.
Damn I write alot.
Roln 20s

Kilrtoy
07-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Wait, I have a complaint about them!!!!!!!!
A 20 x 24 pic of my wife in a thong on the back of one of their boats used to hang in Gregs office.
That is until, from what I heard through the grapvine, some PRUDE OLD WOMAN complained about it. They took it down to make the sale.
Shit what does she think she is going to see at the river. Lederhosen and swimming caps....

rivercrazy
07-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Kilrtoy:
Rivercrazy,
what is under the hatch and how fast top speed all that good stuff
Most of all how does it handle the havazoooooo afternoon, morning, mid-day chop.... 496MagHO. So far my best GPS speed is 72. It would be faster except for the weight of all the damn stereo equipment.. hehe
It handles the chop great. The faster you go the better. It just knifes through the crud.

Mrs Scuba
07-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Kilrtoy:
A 20 x 24 pic of my wife in a thong on the back of one of their boats used to hang in Gregs office.
That is until, from what I heard through the grapvine, some PRUDE OLD WOMAN complained about it. They took it down to make the sale.
Shit what does she think she is going to see at the river. Lederhosen and swimming caps.... I went in and complained because I wanted the picture for myself. lol :D

SCUBA STEVE
07-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Mrs Scuba:
Kilrtoy:
Shit what does she think she is going to see at the river. Lederhosen and swimming caps.... I went in and complained because I wanted the picture for myself. lol :D oops that was supposed to be my post. sorry guys Mrs Scuba isnt down like that.

MagicMtnDan
07-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Kilrtoy:
Shit what does she think she is going to see at the river. Lederhosen and swimming caps.... MEMO to Barry and Greg:
Put that pictue back up! I'm going in there Saturday and won't buy a boat unless that picture's up there!
(Think that'll convince 'em to put it back up? Hey, if the old biddy could do it so can I)

Edmond
07-16-2003, 05:51 PM
I have a 25 Tremor and have benn very pleased with the boat. Like the others said their customer service is TOP NOTCH always there to answer questions. I would highly recommend them.

Catmando
07-16-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting Hot Boat's test of the new 34 Twin Step. The 29 Magnatude has been tested repeatedly in the mags, and has performed extremely well no matter what power is in it. One of the most beautiful boats on the water too. :)

Metal_King
07-16-2003, 09:34 PM
shockwavebd:
I have heard nothing but good things also........But than again I sell them wink
Come by and see me...........Barry
:D Barry, you are currently building a 21' for my neighbor out here in Chino Hills, Chuck Buhagiar. He is really pumped up about it and I am excited for him. Take good care of him; for he is a great guy.
Jason