PDA

View Full Version : Off to the Mohave poker run!

Craig
05-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Man, we have everything packed. Ready to hit the road tomorrow morning for the Las Vegas Hot Boats BETA poker run. Ought to be a fun time!!! Never been on Mohave and up towards the Grand Canyon :)
[ May 01, 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

twistedpair
05-02-2003, 10:03 AM
I hope you got a big boat, it's supposed to be windy as hell here this weekend! eek!

Charley
05-02-2003, 05:57 PM
be careful Craig!

dr. margarita
05-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Arn't they launching from Cottonwood and heading North? That section of the river is fairly protected from wind isn't it?

blown23vee
05-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Damn I'm jealous!! Have fun & be safe, guys!!
Rick

hd&boatrider
05-02-2003, 09:14 PM
blown23vee:
Damn I'm jealous!! Have fun & be safe, guys!!
Rick If you launch from Katherines and it is windy that basin can take you down very easily. Be careful. if you launch from Cottonwood you should be OK.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-03-2003, 05:44 PM
They don't call it Lake Mo-choppy for nuthin'!

Craig
05-04-2003, 02:58 PM
MAN, what I heard about Mohave is true. *&%$# wind eek! Yeah, we launched from Cottonwood Friday and went all the way to the log boom at the Hoover Dam. Here's a pic I shot.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/14011a.jpg
When we got a mile or so from Cottonwood the wind was blowing big time. We were soaked! Saturday was the same way. It wasn't too bad once you got up the lake some from the basin, but near the marina was rough.
Still had a good time. Check out some of the pic's over on lasvegas***boats.com We did learn some of the tricks with Blackjack in Laughlin, although we still lost! Oh well. Boat during the days and gambled at night. 2 weeks and we're back at Havasu.

NashvilleBound
05-04-2003, 04:35 PM
WIND??? WIND??? SHIT....If I ever see that big of swells again it will be TOO SOON! It was a killer run up to the Dam , thanks alot Craig for shooting all those pics. Send me a couple if you can. Hope to see ya'll on the water this summer.
NB

Lakemead1
05-05-2003, 08:15 AM
the weather did suck! It was good meeting you though Craig! That boat of yours is super smooth :D

hd&boatrider
05-05-2003, 09:57 AM
NashvilleBound:
WIND??? WIND??? SHIT....If I ever see that big of swells again it will be TOO SOON! It was a killer run up to the Dam , thanks alot Craig for shooting all those pics. Send me a couple if you can. Hope to see ya'll on the water this summer.
NB That will teach you guys to come to MY lake....just kidding. It can get kind of rough and needs to definitely be taken into consideration. Even if you are not in the open area just south of Cottonwood it can take you down. I know that a few houseboats have been taken under in the past. I am heading out tomorrow and will be running my new "little" jet boat out on the river. I can't wait and I see the weather is going to be about 90 with light winds all week. Later

JetBoatRich
05-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Let us know how the Southwind does, did you change the pipes?

hd&boatrider
05-05-2003, 10:23 AM
JetBoatRich:
Let us know how the Southwind does, did you change the pipes? Yes I did...This is what I have done to it: New headers, tune up, new flame arrester and scoop (so the flame arrestor can fit), completely replaced the entire rubrails, complete buff job and interior cleaning, very minor gel coat repair, add a valve so I can switch gas tanks without a friggin' wrench. I will be picking it up tomorrow from GS Marine and I expect it to look very sharp. Should be on the water Wed seeing what it can do.