PDA

View Full Version : Need a Boat Painted

moneypit
06-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Anyone that knows a reputable in the San Fernando and cities close by, let me know. My friend is rebuilding a Cole and he needs paint.... He has had a hell of a time getting someone that isnt a flake and that has time...
Thanks...
Email me please
Sportsdc@pacbell.net

Rexone
06-18-2003, 12:29 AM
He's in Upland not SF Valley but his stuff is hard to beat imo. Billy B.

victorfb
06-18-2003, 09:01 AM
how does paint hold up on a boat? my 74 tahiti has the glitter gel coat and the color is fading. i thought about paint but was told its hard to get it right, and doesnt last. is this true? i did some surfboard building in my younger days and remember using color coats then gloss finish coats of resin. would that be a better way to go? any help with this idea is much appreciated. thanks.

mickeyfinn
06-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Never had any work done by him but have seen a lot of Billy B's work posted in pics here. I am in the process of getting my Hondo restored to put back on the water and sent a message to Billy for advice. I can tell you that he knew what he was talking about. I have talked with a lot of people and everyone had different answers. Take a look at the boats on this board he has painted and listen to the number of people here who have done business with him. I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him or his work. I wish I lived closer to him so he could do some work on mine.