PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a digital cable filter?

ryantparks
05-13-2003, 01:57 PM
I know this doesnt have anything to do w/boating but I thought I would ask.
I have cox communications with digital cable tv and have seen a few adds for these so-called digital filters that give you some movie channels and the prices have been anywhere from $29-89.
Anyone use one and does it work?
Thanks, Ryan

hboldno7
05-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Ive heard of them and a buddy of mine can get them, I guess it interupts the signal coming into your reciever and allows you to get Pay per views or movies on demand for free. Not sure if this is what your talking about but for the record I would never Think of breaking the law for cable............hehehe

ryantparks
05-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Does your buddy use one? Can you ask him if it works if he does?
I would never break the law either!
And I would never spray the bridge in Laughlin either because that is illegal.
(had to do it just once)
Thanks

hboldno7
05-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Ryan, hes got a few on the way, Ill post once I hear how they work.

twistedpair
05-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Doesn't work. Newer cable boxes are basically modems. Each box has a unique IP address. It's not like the old days when they put frequency traps on the line to block channels, now your cable box communicates with the headend and if your cable box is not authorized to get a channel (ie. payed for) you don't get it.
Sorry to be a Buzzkill!

Frosty_pop
05-13-2003, 04:57 PM
If you are looking for free movie channels and ppv stuff the way to go is Satalite. Works great.

dossangers
05-13-2003, 05:10 PM
ryantparks:
I know this doesnt have anything to do w/boating but I thought I would ask.
I have cox communications with digital cable tv and have seen a few adds for these so-called digital filters that give you some movie channels and the prices have been anywhere from $29-89.
Anyone use one and does it work?
Thanks, Ryan I smell a RAT!!

JetBoatRich
05-13-2003, 05:20 PM
TwistedPair is right, they do not work they block the signal getting back to the local headend from the box. You will be able to order a couple PPV's but eventually it will max out until the trap is removed.
It does nothing for the movie channels :mad:

beyondhelpin
05-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Frosty
You dont hack Dave do you? wink :rolleyes: :D

Frosty_pop
05-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Dave? who is dave? Me hack? I don't know how, just heard alot about it....... and since I don't who you are......

al cole'holic
05-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Fellow DAVE hackman..... :D

mickeyfinn
05-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Be careful...I hear Dave been sending a lot of love letters to folks. I know of one guy who got one asking for 3500.00

Frosty_pop
05-14-2003, 04:02 PM
mickeyfinn:
Be careful...I hear Dave been sending a lot of love letters to folks. I know of one guy who got one asking for 3500.00 That was such a scam!! Those where blanket letters that were tried in court and didn't hold up..... just Dave trying to scare people