PDA

View Full Version : Mandelon How is the Diet Progress???

Coach
08-31-2003, 09:42 PM
It was funny after I ready your post about the South Beach Diet I had just finished reading the book. And after 1 week I have lost 6 lbs. How are you doing with it? Not drinking has been a bitch. I didn't realize how many things and people I normally drink with. Well one more week with Phase I. I need to get my fat ass down to a reasonable weight again. If I remember right you were about 170 lbs? Shit I was 14 last time I was that light. Good luck and post your results.

JetBoatRich
08-31-2003, 10:00 PM
At the AVI a couple weeks ago he turned sideways and disappeared
:D :D
So must be working

Mandelon
09-01-2003, 08:32 AM
Yeah right. I am 38, 5'10" and used to normally weigh around 165. Never been anything but a skinny kid. Put on about 10 pounds over the past couple of years, from beer and carne asada burritos. The love handles were not cutting it. wink
I have mostly stuck with it. Not had a soda in two weeks. (Seems like three) Snuck in a couple pieces of candy and 4 tortillas. But been pretty good about it most of the time. We don't have a scale since my kids jumped up and down on it and broke the needle off. :mad: Those little dorks! smile_sp
Yesterday had a few beers and ate like a pig at a BBQ/Pool party we had for wife's friends. So back on the program today.
Without the scale it is hard to say, but the buddha (sp?) is shrinking and my 34" pants are getting big again. Maybe back to those 33's pretty soon. :)
Breakfast is eggs or some meat, cheese for snack, tuna or chicken for lunch. Dinner is salad and fish or steak. Handful of nuts for snack.
Going without carbs is tough. I was craving mashed potatoes. Now I just jones for candy sometimes. Sugarfree popsicles are working as a good substitute. Drinking diet Snapples and Fruit 2-0 water. That stuff is good.
Been exercising again too. Thanks for asking.
How about you?

Coach
09-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Sounds good. I couldn't turn down Cold Stone the other night, but out side of that I have not been craving carbs too much. Fruit is the only thing I want to eat but I can wait one week. I started at 231 lbs and was 224 today. I need to start working out again now that school is starting back up. My plan is to get back down to between 210-190 lbs. I will see if changing my eating habits will do it for me.

RP
09-01-2003, 01:31 PM
keep up the tuff work guys