PDA

View Full Version : What if E........................

fat rat
07-19-2002, 05:53 PM
What if East met West in Central......what would it be like and who would attend? Do you think this is something that could happen?

project-speed
07-20-2002, 01:18 PM
Where would this take place, Kansas? :rolleyes: :p

sandblasted
07-20-2002, 02:08 PM
sorry guys, but about the farthest I'm going to tow my boat from SoCal is to Shasta Lake (10 hours) or Powell (about 14 hours)...We'll just have to keep track of whats going on with the ***boat threads....

fat rat
07-20-2002, 05:23 PM
This is one of those what if's.............who knows some people may want to.

Stupid Fast
07-21-2002, 05:15 AM
What about in the midwest? At least central and east could truck it. Or Cumberland? Just a thought.
Eric
[ July 21, 2002, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Stupid Fast ]

nitro557
07-21-2002, 06:34 AM
it would be one hell of a tow for both coasts,what would be good is the east guys have an event and play host to west guys who fly out give them rides in our boats then do the opposite and we fly out to them and they play host for us :D :D

Chestah Cheetah
07-22-2002, 03:31 PM
I have tossed this idea around in my head for quite some time also. I don't know how large of a showing we'd have but I'm sure people would show.
How about LOTO July 4th 2003?

fat rat
07-22-2002, 06:26 PM
Chestah Cheetah:
I have tossed this idea around in my head for quite some time also. I don't know how large of a showing we'd have but I'm sure people would show.
How about LOTO July 4th 2003?Lakes of the Ozark..........how far is that from D.C..

RiverToysJas
07-22-2002, 06:52 PM
I like this idea and MIGHT be interested.
I just ran it through mapquest.com
From Huntington Beach in southern California to Lake of the Ozarks State Park is:
1702 Miles (29hrs 26mins driving time - not towing)
From The Smithsonian Inst in Washington DC to Lke of the Ozarks State Park is:
1007.89 Miles (17hrs 58mins driving time - not towing)
So we need a lake roughly 350 miles west of Lake of the Ozarks!!! wink I suggest Lake Powell! :D
RTJas :D

fat rat
07-22-2002, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverToysJas:
[QB]I like this idea and MIGHT be interested.
so we need a lake roughly 350 miles west of Lake of the Ozarks!!! wink I suggest Lake Powell! :D
Jason......Powell is cool buuuuut a little far, I'd like to suggest something closer this way .......there's got to be a body of water somewhere in the middle. Maybe some sleepy little lake........that we can wake up! :D :D :D

HBjet
07-22-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm down for this too.
I think with the right planning, it can be pulled off.
Something like the East will host the West, and then vice versa. The traveling party would only need to cover plane tickets and possibly travel from the airport to the party location. Then the hosting party will supply couches and floor space for everyone to crash. Food/Beer can be split, or whatever.....I'm not worried about that. One thing I think would need to be a must is everyone travel on one plane, then everyone is together. (no waiting time for that other person who had to take a later flight.)
Anyways, I'm up for this idea and so is MissHBjet
HBjet

nitro557
07-23-2002, 04:42 AM
im with hb we talked about this the other night and i think it would be easer on all partys no big gas bills or towing exspense or damage
west coasters come to anna to party then we go to op6c to party and they host im up for that,the only draw back would be the guests would be thinking that man i wish i couldve brought my boat
but on the flip if your tire fell off going down the highway to get there youd be cussing what the ***k am i doing this for

HavasuDreamin'
07-23-2002, 06:25 AM
I'm all for it.........but of course I live in the central so I don't have to go to far, that is if we do the meet in the middle thing. Count me in!
Now.........what can we do to make this really happen?

HavasuDreamin'
07-23-2002, 06:29 AM
nitro557:
the only draw back would be the guests would be thinking that man i wish i couldve brought my boat
Trust me, I have been to Havasu without my boat and it blows! Just not the same when you can't show off your pride and joy! If everybody caravans so to speak, there shouldn't be much that can't be fixed. Make sure you have spare tires, tools, etc. Think of it as the hot rod power tour except we can call it the hot boat power tour! My guess is that if we really get this thing going, we could have hot boat do a shoot and end up in the Magazine. That would be ultra cool............Yeah baby!
[ July 23, 2002, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

nitro557
07-23-2002, 07:46 AM
im in for it anyway we do it we need to pick a location then a date ,afetr that plan your life around the event also finding someone who is local to the location to do some leg work for hotels and ramps and its off and running

nitro557
07-23-2002, 07:51 AM
one other thought is that the event not be limited to like just jets and v-drives ,all ***boaters welcome props ,jets,oars,paddles doesnt matter :D :D

HavasuDreamin'
07-23-2002, 08:14 AM
nitro557:
one other thought is that the event not be limited to like just jets and v-drives ,all ***boaters welcome props ,jets,oars,paddles doesnt matter :D :D I agree, anyone on the boards can come and any other hot boaters welcome too.

burbanite
07-23-2002, 08:39 AM
I towed mine 2000 miles to get it here so I'm sure I could tow it a few more...........
I'm keen if I can find a time when I'm not working, this freakin' schedule is a killer for extended time off!

RiverDave2
07-23-2002, 08:41 AM
So which one are ya guys doing?
Flying the east coasters to the West Coast and Vice Versa?
Or is everyone trailering out to Lake of the Ozarks?
For everyone to trailer across the US, wouldn't that be like a week of driving?
That'd be like a 3 week vacation with two weeks of it being driving. :(
Personally I think flying some people out both ways would be better. :) As suggested above.
RD

Chestah Cheetah
07-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Why not do both? Two separate events at different times. I like both a lot personally. As far as driving to LOTO, it shouldn't take more than 3 days maximum. I hear the place has a party scene that could rival Havabrew. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/beerchug.gif
BTW, Monkey only flies first class. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tiere/coolmonk.gif

HavasuDreamin'
07-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Chestah Cheetah:
Why not do both? Two separate events at different times. I like both a lot personally. As far as driving to LOTO, it shouldn't take more than 3 days maximum. I hear the place has a party scene that could rival Havabrew. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/beerchug.gif
BTW, Monkey only flies first class. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tiere/coolmonk.gif2.5 - 3 days max! I think LOTO is the most centrally located spot. The thing that sucks about LOTO is it is rough as hell on the weekends from what I hear which might keep the little guys on the trailer. But.........if we have enough big guys, or there is a launch ramp near party cove........then it should be all good! I am up for either plan, but would prefer to have my boat! Lets make it happen. I don't mind doing some leg work!

nitro557
07-23-2002, 09:28 AM
i personally like the fly out deal that way you leave thursday night and be back monday night ,takeing all that time off work for me in the summer would be near impossable because i work in the marine business but since i havent taken time off in 5 years im sure i could work it out

RiverToysJas
07-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Well I just suggested to the wife that I might be flying out to the east coast for a boating event. She had a good laugh over that one!
Then I told her about the towing to the Ozarks, quick math says that we'll be spending about $700 in fuel for the truck alone. So flying seems like a better option. but it's unlikely I'll ever get it approved.
I'll be looking forward to when you guys fly out here though!

nitro557
07-23-2002, 10:15 AM
jason i still want to fly out there at x-mas :D

Stupid Fast
07-23-2002, 06:23 PM
What about Lake Monroe in Bloomington? 45 min From Indy So Flying in is easy. Less than 1000 miles from D.C. (581.3 miles to be exact.)
What Do you think?
Eric
P.S. I hace A camp on the Muskingum River in Ohio
parties of up to 100 are not uncommon, you have to bring your own girls though if you are particular about teeth. There however is a big sheep farm down the road eek!

Chestah Cheetah
07-23-2002, 09:57 PM
Stupid Fast:
There however is a big sheep farm down the road eek! RD will reply to this topic as soon as he gets off the phone with his travel agent. http://plauder-smilies.com/tiere/sheep.gif........"That's right suga' jump that rope and get in shape, I hope you're flexible too." http://plauder-smilies.com/smokin.gif

Cas
07-23-2002, 11:21 PM
I'm thinkin it would be pretty cool to see about 20 vehicles towing jetboats half way across the country!
"looky yonder Maybelle, izza farkin jetboat convoy"
"breaker breaker, good buddy" :D :p
[ July 24, 2002, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

HavasuDreamin'
07-24-2002, 05:54 AM
Lake Monroe works...........only an hour away! :p It is a very nice, large lake, not as big as the Ozarks, but plenty big for all to enjoy. Camping right on the water and hotels right up the way in Bloomington. With me being an hour away, I could do some leg work pretty easy! :)

nitro557
07-24-2002, 06:06 AM
so whats the verdict on how to do this ?to tow or not to tow ?

superV
07-24-2002, 07:23 AM
Dude im all game! Lake of the Ozarks would be the best place, second would be grande lake okc.Lets keep this topic up to date and make it happen.I live in st.louis but orig from SoCal i would be happy to take care of all the leg work on this end. I've got the hook up on a few pads. And many boats. Letz do this?

RiverDave2
07-24-2002, 08:51 AM
nitro557:
so whats the verdict on how to do this ?to tow or not to tow ?I'm all about the flying out there and then having the east coast guys fly out here etc..
Unless everyone wanted to fly out to LOTO and then put all of us left and right coasters in the central guys boats... Problem is though alot of those central guys like outboards. :( I dunno if I can ride in one of those.
RD

HavasuDreamin'
07-24-2002, 09:04 AM
RiverDave2:
nitro557:
so whats the verdict on how to do this ?to tow or not to tow ?I'm all about the flying out there and then having the east coast guys fly out here etc..
Unless everyone wanted to fly out to LOTO and then put all of us left and right coasters in the central guys boats... Problem is though alot of those central guys like outboards. :( I dunno if I can ride in one of those.
RDNow wait a second. I thought you only had grumblings with the jet boat guys :confused: So what you are saying is you don't like jets or weedwackers. How about v-drives?
You know an I/O is half O/B :p

RiverToysJas
07-24-2002, 12:40 PM
I'd rather not fly anywhere personally. It would be cool to meet everyone but if won't work with my family situation (two very small kids). I more than welcome anyone who comes out here though. I may be willing to tow to LOTO at some point in the future.

F-N-G
07-24-2002, 01:03 PM
"So we need a lake roughly 350 miles west of Lake of the Ozarks!!! "
Just a thought, Lake Travis (1380 Miles from LA) outside of Austin is pretty cool, home of Sandra Bullock and some pretty nice boats. It's 19000 acres = Lake Havasu. Plus Austin has a great night life, although I'm not real sure how realistic it would be to travel back and forth after a day on the lake.

nitro557
07-24-2002, 02:54 PM
ok jason ,who said he wouldnt be able to do the event in a couple of years and a couple of people that are in the midwest anyways seem to be for the tow
sand,me,dave and hb are on the notow side i say lets no the flying thing
the lake anna event that is sceduled so far is on fathersday next year do we want to do it then or go with a different date? im not gonna put a vote in on that :D :D last year when the anna event was in the planning stage i had found two houses for rent on the lake next door to each other with a dock and beach water front

Whatboat
07-24-2002, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE] :
Problem is though alot of those central guys like outboards. :( I dunno if I can ride in one of those.
You think a 280 HP big block is going to push a boat 100 MPH

gigamurph
07-24-2002, 03:47 PM
RiverDave2:
nitro557:
RDIf given a chance to think about it, the O/B contingent would most likely have second thoughts about lettin' you ride with 'em anyway! I mean. c'mon! A sterndrive makes a look like ya can't decide on what ya like! "Am I an O/B kinda guy or am I a squirter! I don't know! I'm so confused! I'm so lonely! Will somebody give me a call? Hello? Is anybody there?" :p

fat rat
07-24-2002, 03:47 PM
F-N-G:
"So we need a lake roughly 350 miles west of Lake of the Ozarks!!! "
Just a thought, Lake Travis (1380 Miles from LA) outside of Austin is pretty cool, home of Sandra Bullock and some pretty nice boats. It's 19000 acres = Lake Havasu. Plus Austin has a great night life, although I'm not real sure how realistic it would be to travel back and forth after a day on the lake.Tell me this is Austin,Tejas........God I hope so, IF IT IS.....I know we'll have a blast. :cool: :cool: :cool:

burbanite
07-24-2002, 05:59 PM
If this happens for real and I end up being able to go I'M TOWING!

nitro557
07-25-2002, 04:47 AM
this can happen i would like to say tenative date of the first weekend in june for lake anna,i spoke with the prez of the deleware drag boat club last night he would be interested to come but not on fathers day :D

HavasuDreamin'
07-25-2002, 07:12 AM
burbanite:
If this happens for real and I end up being able to go I'M TOWING!You got that RIGHT! :cool:

Riley
07-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Some advice from a guy who has spent alot of time at the Ozarks.
The 4th of July is great, but I think you guys would enjoy the weekend of the shootout better. It's the "run what you brung" race that Shooters 21 (bar) puts on every year. Brings out some unbelievable boats. I think it happens mid-August every year
I would also consider renting a houseboat, with enough people it's fairly reasonable. Maybe one or two guys tow boats and they stay on the houseboat for free. Just a thought.
I wouldn't tow anything less than a 25' boat though. I have an 19' jet boat and I am limited to early morning ski runs, and I'm usually shored by 11:00 a.m. on busy weekends.
Any way you go Lake of the Ozarks will not dissapoint you.
Hope this helps.

Hustler
07-25-2002, 09:39 AM
I'm definitely in!! Tow, fly, drag...what ever this will be one fun get together. the way I see it if we did the tow thing you would have to keep it to about 2.5-3 days of driving so that if anyone wanted to tow they could do a two week vacation wich is very common.

F-N-G
07-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I was talking about Austin, TX. Never actually been to Lake Travis but fly over it and drive by it several times a year going to see friends in Temple. Looks cool and I've heard alot of good things about it. And guitar town definently has some great bars. Especially when Eric Johnson or Steve Vai just happen to drop in. :)

beyondhelpin
07-25-2002, 11:04 AM
How about Grand Lake in Oklahoma. Would definitly fit the bill. It is a little father west and closer to interstate 40. Lots of hot boats and places to stay. I may be a little biased since it is close!!!!

RiverDave2
07-25-2002, 01:13 PM
Hey I was joking about the Outboard comments guys.. LOL Put the torches and the rope down.
Nitro557, I'm down for whatever, but I'm definatly flying. Don't much care where it's at, but Anna or LOTO sounds good! :) Don't much care when it is so long as there's liquor and cigarettes enough for everybody. Somewhere in there we can throw in some fast boats as well.
RD

Whatboat
07-25-2002, 01:20 PM
I was too. :cool: Come to wisconsin. The snow just melted a couple days ago.

Stupid Fast
07-25-2002, 01:29 PM
I think there should be an East coast event that All the east coasters can tow to and west coasters can fly to. Then another event that west coasters can tow to and east coasters can fly to. Hd and burbanite live in Indy. I an in Ohio. Fat rat is in DC. Nitro and Dreamsicle are in Virginia. The lake needs to be fairly close to an airport. It has to be small enough for low freeboard boats and somewhere we can all tow to. I don't care where the west coast event is. I'm flying. What do you all think?
Eric

Stupid Fast
07-25-2002, 01:32 PM
RiverDave2:
Don't much care when it is so long as there's liquor and cigarettes enough for everybody. Somewhere in there we can throw in some fast boats as well.
RDIf I run out of either someone will pay even if they did nothing wrong :mad: . I have run myself out of smokes 2 times in 12 years. eek!

HavasuDreamin'
07-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Stupid Fast:
It has to be small enough for low freeboard boats and somewhere we can all tow to.
EricThat is why I am concerned about LOTO. My 19' Elim. Daytona would probably stay on the trailer more than in the water. I think there are a lot of guys in the same boat.........no pun intended wink
As much as I would like to have my boat at a centrally located event, I think it is a long shot to ask a lot of people to take two weeks off of work and drive half of it.......even if it is a huge party with a bunch of cool people! So, what ever is decided, I am down for it. Most likely, I would tow to the east event and fly to the west event! Lets keep this thread going. Maybe by this time next year, we will have more posts than the name this movie thread! wink

RiverDave2
07-25-2002, 02:12 PM
Stupid Fast:
I think there should be an East coast event that All the east coasters can tow to and west coasters can fly to. Then another event that west coasters can tow to and east coasters can fly to. Hd and burbanite live in Indy. I an in Ohio. Fat rat is in DC. Nitro and Dreamsicle are in Virginia. The lake needs to be fairly close to an airport. It has to be small enough for low freeboard boats and somewhere we can all tow to. I don't care where the west coast event is. I'm flying. What do you all think?
EricPersonally I agree 100%.
RD

nitro557
07-25-2002, 02:53 PM
i also think this is the way we should do this

DansBlown73Nordic
07-25-2002, 04:59 PM
It sounds like a great Idea. wink

Infomaniac
07-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Alright Folks. Tulsa Oklahoma is almost exactly half way for everyone. 5 very nice lakes to choose from. Okie style. Lake patrol no problem. Bring whatever. Even zoomies will be OK. Big boat lake, drag boat lake, pary big time lake, you name it. Trees on the bank instead of rocks.

beyondhelpin
07-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Someone brought up the point of lowfree board boats being able to run. If that is the case Lake of the Ozarks or Grand would be a good spot due to the amount of big boats tearing up the water and making the big waves. Another lake of interest would be Tenkiller lake in Oklahoma. It is about 5 miles from where the barge hit the bridge on I-40. Clean, quite a few hot boats, not a lot of big water. It is basicaly due south of Tulsa at I-40. Decent amont of lodging and camping areas. Just a thought.

gigamurph
07-26-2002, 01:41 AM
beyondhelpin:
Someone brought up the point of lowfree board boats being able to run. If that is the case Lake of the Ozarks or Grand would be a good spot due to the amount of big boats tearing up the water and making the big waves. Another lake of interest would be Tenkiller lake in Oklahoma. It is about 5 miles from where the barge hit the bridge on I-40. Clean, quite a few hot boats, not a lot of big water. It is basicaly due south of Tulsa at I-40. Decent amont of lodging and camping areas. Just a thought.Tenkiller is a good lake; was there several years ago. The only problem is I have taken baths (on occasion, whether I need one or not) that were cooler than that water! It must have been between 85 and 90 degrees! Great for buoyancy; lousy for relaxin'! Nice lake though! :cool:

StealBlueZ
07-26-2002, 02:35 AM
Since I wasn't able to make the Anna or OP6C events, I/m up for a central location. Tenkiller has several airstrips if there are pilots among us, and I'm sure that the other lakes will have'em too, and Tenkiller is a 5 hour drive from Dallas. I personally like the idea of a smaller lake or river. I don't know of any river areas on OK, but lake Murry is very nice. Since a lot of us have the smaller boats, we would probably be more inclined to bring 'em. As already mentioned, there is plenty of water around OKC and Tulsa. If someone were to fly in to Dallas, I'd pickum up and head north....

Rocket
07-26-2002, 08:22 AM
Im with RD2 Im up for both I'll tow to one and fly to the other The OK sceneery pretty flat isnt it? I figureed one of the Texans on the board whould come up with one of the major party spots in Tehas There has gotta be one there somewhere!

nitro557
07-26-2002, 12:39 PM
i just couldnt go a day without posting on this ,i want to do the west flys to the east and then east flys west

superV
07-26-2002, 12:47 PM
Whatboat:
[QUOTE] :
Problem is though alot of those central guys like outboards. :( I dunno if I can ride in one of those.
You think a 280 HP big block is going to push a boat 100 MPHWho said we like out boards that a joke it all i/o out here big and fast! Trust me

superV
07-26-2002, 12:55 PM
All this flying crap east to west, west to east. Always leaving out central. Thats it im sick of this shit im moving back to the high desert!
Besides that central has ex. h2o dont knock it till you try it. I thought the point was for all to get together not just east and west. And as far as LOTO being to rough thats only in the main channal party cove is in the state park very calm great ramps and lot of low free board boats out all the time.Dont forget all of the lakes around here are rivers to! :confused: F@#$%#$ pussys i tow to SOCAL all the god dame time!

nitro557
07-26-2002, 01:09 PM
whats with the anger crap ? if you are what you eat then i am a pussy :rolleyes:

78Eliminator
07-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Did somebody say "E"? Oh, nevermind :)

Mr.Havasu
07-27-2002, 04:56 PM
I would rather fly one year and host another. Maybe we should just cut this up and make it an annual event every three years, East, Central, West. I would be happy to have a house full every three years, As for towing, No way am I towing a 25 footer half way across the United States. Way to much time, gas, chance of breakdown far from home etc. But count us in for the trip.

wideopen545
07-28-2002, 12:42 AM
count me in

wideopen545
07-28-2002, 01:01 AM
sorry count me out i think were all booked at anna for fathers day sorry

Wet Dream
07-28-2002, 05:33 AM
I'll tow. It sounds like something could be happening here. From my house to Austin is 1495 miles, about 21 hours of driving time (towing).
Anna is pretty much set in stone for Father's Day 2003. I will always be at Anna for the BOTE event.
[ July 28, 2002, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

nitro557
07-28-2002, 07:01 AM
im trying to get approval on doing a different anna event with radar runs and a different date ,i do like the split it three ways thought but it seems to me most people dont stay posting for that long :D :D

HBjet
07-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Do to the logistics and size of this gathering I think it would need to be an annual event. I would love to have my boat everywhere, but towing for me is out of the question. I look at it like East hosts the West, and West hosts the East, and somewhere we squeeze in Central. Hell, Central can help host either one, or be the guest of either one. I also think T-shirts are a must and can be done by a professional Artist. (Less headaches) The way I see it is the guests would fly on a Thursday, party Fri, Sat, Sun, and fly back on Monday. Therefore no one has to take off a lot of time, and you still get three whole days of boating, and partying. For those who are towing, you shouldn’t have to tow further then one day worth. So you guys would arrive and leave on the same days. As for a date, it should be on a non holiday/event weekend. It also should be decided upon soon. I feel the hosting (towing) parties should pick that day, the flying group will have to make there schedules around that date.
I really hope this thing falls together. It would be one hell of a party.
HBjet

RiverDave2
07-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Dam Skippy HBJet. :) Now can somebody start putting this thing together for the beginning of next season so I know when to reserve my flight?
BTW, who's house am I stayin at?
I'd prefer Dimarco Kids place if I have a choice..
RD
[ July 30, 2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: RiverDave2 ]

nitro557
07-31-2002, 05:05 AM
i am waiting to hear from fish and game and fire and rescue on haveing a radar run if they say no then itll just be a party,i think the first weekend of june for a date,let me know what you think
the beast of the east event is on fathers day weekend and im with hb-jet that this shouldnt be on a holiday weekend,so im wanting to put together a different event two large groups of fast boats ,the deleware drag boat club and the group of customers from performance boats in maryland are also in agreeance of no holiday weekend
lets do this

Havasu Cig
07-31-2002, 08:15 AM
RiverDave2:
So which one are ya guys doing?
Flying the east coasters to the West Coast and Vice Versa?
Or is everyone trailering out to Lake of the Ozarks?
For everyone to trailer across the US, wouldn't that be like a week of driving?
That'd be like a 3 week vacation with two weeks of it being driving. :(
Personally I think flying some people out both ways would be better. :) As suggested above.
RDMy friend, who tows boats for money, just drove to LOTO and back. He made the return trip non stop in something like 26 hours. He only stopped for gas, and did not even turn the truck off. The guy is sick when it comes to driving. He can make the trip from Orange County to florida in 2 1/2 days. I think I would let him tow and I would sleep. :D

HavasuDreamin'
07-31-2002, 08:54 AM
For the east event, IMHO, it should be held in July or August for weather purposes. The beginning of June is just to much of an unknown when it comes to weather and I would hate to see everybody from the west fly out here and then have it rain, cold, etc.
My thoughts would be for one of the two weekends following 4th of July. We should have great weather and if it is two weekends after the fourth, that gives everyone a weekend to recoup from the 4ths activities. Any other thoughts?

Stupid Fast
07-31-2002, 01:02 PM
HavasuDreamin':
For the east event, IMHO, it should be held in July or August for weather purposes. The beginning of June is just to much of an unknown when it comes to weather and I would hate to see everybody from the west fly out here and then have it rain, cold, etc.
My thoughts would be for one of the two weekends following 4th of July. We should have great weather and if it is two weekends after the fourth, that gives everyone a weekend to recoup from the 4ths activities. Any other thoughts?I totaly agree. July is better because august hets a little humid for the westerners. They think sweat evaprorates.
What about locations? I like Indiana so that central die hards could go. How many hours would you be willing to tow?
Me? Im good for 6-7 before marital problems pop up.
Eric

Wet Dream
08-07-2002, 01:25 PM
nitro557:
i just couldnt go a day without posting on thisI have to bring this to the top again and can't go one more day without calling you on your bullshit Nitro.
#1 you state that it should be open to all boaters, rowboat or ***boat. You turned down JohnnyBeGood because he wanted to come to Anna with his daycruiser. I jumped your ass for that and told you straight up that wasn't right.
#2 You state that you haven't taken time off in 5 years so it wouldn't be a problem to go to CA. You knew about Anna 9 months in advance, FULLY PLANNED and you still couldn't make it for for more than a few hours at a time and you live less than 2 hours away! How the f*&k are you going to do CA for 4 days?
#3 This was a post about East meet West in CENTRAL. Why the F*&k do you need to turn it into an east and west thing??? Quit leaving people out of the deal.
#4 You are waiting to hear from fish and game about "radar runs, if not it'll just be a party". Thats what Anna was all about. Just a party, and you kept telling everybody you want to take it to the "next level". Talking shit about insurance and registration. Its just a gathering. Next levels are things like Delaware, ride their shirt tails, don't try to sour a good thing like BOTE.
#5 EMPTY PROMISES This is the thing that really lit the fire under my ass. The Anna event started its planning stages in September. From then, you jumped right in with ideas and plans. From memory, it was a helicopter aerial photo, no delivery there. I know, you couldn't get the "clearance" for that to happen, but Rat managed to get a plane in the air for that. A ***boat article, and Helena is a writer and you wanted the thunder from that. Cam2 was stationed at some marina. I know, you told me where it was, but I didn't know one thing about that lake and it was up to me and everyone else to let others know where it was??? Come on. You said we were going to have radar runs and maybe a little racing, with a Christmas tree, where was that to be happening? Once again, not a friggin clue here. "Pockets of boats running around and not knowing where we were"?? BULLSH*T. We were easily findable and did you bother to think that since we were in the same cove for 3 days that maybe some people decided that they wanted to do a little cruising or skiing or sight seeing?
The real pisser is that you had talked for months about going to "the warm side" with Kojak on Monday for a little private party. On Monday, after you left at 9am, WideOpen and I are the only ones left, at 10am, and guess who pulls in the parking lot??? Kojak!!! He is ready to take all of us to his place for that party. He took the day off, had the meals, drinks, etc planned for us and you left me hanging, apologizing to him for your **** up, either that or it was your total lack of respect for anyone else that has been planning this for months. You burned him. Then you have the balls to come onto this board on Monday and slam the Anna event, only because you weren't there to hear the praise and enjoyment that everyone else had shared with the rest of us. Your loss ASS!!! I hope you don't screw up any OP events or BOTE's, or anybody elses in the future. You were a great guy to have in the planning stages, but you dropped the ball and basically screwed a lot of people in the process. You can't do that to people and expect them to stand in your corner.
[ August 07, 2002, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

nitro557
08-07-2002, 03:40 PM
1.i turned down johnny because you all that includes you voted to make it jets and v-drives only
2.at the time of anna i had nobody working with me in my dept ,now i do
3.this was a post of just different thoughts id like to do the 3 year span thing
4.and 5 to do a radar run as far as block off a cove so no jet skis come in you need permission ,ive already talked with kojak about this ,nobody said anything about wanting to go over there,the plane was someone who flew local at the lake so they could fly near the powerplant,i have an adress were to send the article to hot boat but havent sent it ,the pics need to be in slide form and i dont have any good ones,the cristmas tree was blown dragboat
anything else you would like to address?
i would why do you stick your nose into shit that it doesnt belong all the time why dont you go change your oil with your shop vac and help you buddy polish his home depot hand rails

Wet Dream
08-07-2002, 04:00 PM
You dumb dick,
We said we would like to keep it jets and v's, BUT could not discourage anyone from coming.
Anyone working in your dept??? You did have (at one time) someone working in "your dept" (we won't go there)but thats your call, you decided to screw yourself out of Anna. So, you didn't have any pics, your article wouldn't make the paper used to make asswipe in the shitter and Kojak should have kicked your ass for running your mouth off and ****ing him.
I usually don't stick my nose into peoples business, however, when you start blowing smoke up EVERYONE'S ASS and running peoples name and trust into the ground, you can bet I'll be sniffin'.

Dimarco Kid
08-07-2002, 05:05 PM
IHAD557:
why do you stick your nose into shit that it doesnt belong all the time How ironic, kinda the same thing you did in my topic. Wet, I with you, getting tired of dishing on other peoples stuff when he hasn't got dishes of his own. There's always one that will run around the group with his pictures talking up some jive.
I think this East meet West is cool though. I'll pull over there anyways. I've got an enclosed trailer on the way (and I intend to BUY it) so pulling is fine with me. I'll do either though. Sounds like a good idea. Keep it rockin,
D Kid

Dimarco Kid
08-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Wet Dream:
You dumb dick,
We said we would like to keep it jets and v's, BUT could not discourage anyone from coming.
Anyone working in your dept??? You did have (at one time) someone working in "your dept" (we won't go there)but thats your call, you decided to screw yourself out of Anna. So, you didn't have any pics, your article wouldn't make the paper used to make asswipe in the shitter and Kojak should have kicked your ass for running your mouth off and ****ing him.
I usually don't stick my nose into peoples business, however, when you start blowing smoke up EVERYONE'S ASS and running peoples name and trust into the ground, you can bet I'll be sniffin'.Wet, consider what your up against. EVERYTIME you speak to him (phone, in person etc..) it is always about himself. What he did, what he's got, or what he's gonna do. If you do ever get him to talk about something you might have, it will be how to make it better or change it in someway, that will happen for a minute then back to him. Think about ever conversation you had with him, he doesn't even have the respect enough to call people at a respectable time for christ sake! It's when ever he feels like telling a story. It doesn't even enter his mind, he's full of himself or trying to impress someone. I spoke with a person in our group and they said it was plain as day what happened on my boat pic topic, he got a little uneasy about not being in the spotlight for a minute and starts a pissing contest. Lake Anna was the same way, needed to be more about him. It really is a sickness, whether it's insecurity or what, I don't know. But you will never hear him talk about sensible things in life, it's always so far out of our league (top fuel boats etc..) that I think in his own mind he's impressing us. He wouldn't be a bad guy if he would act like a "Short Bus" owner and not put on that mask that makes him look like a bullshit artist to all us. Sorry to turn this into a topic of this nature, but I know everyone feels this way, and I could give to shits about being polite and keeping my mouth shut.
D Kid

HavasuDreamin'
08-09-2002, 01:28 PM
Alrighty then........back to the topic at hand? Is something going to happen or are we going to just sit behind our computers and talk about it? I think we need a poll to determine if everyone flies or if everyone tows? Anyone still out there? :o

Wet Dream
08-09-2002, 03:12 PM
I'm still in for something to happen. I don't mind towing at all. But is the an east meet west in central or what? I think it is a great idea to do this, so long as we don't disclude the central boaters.

burbanite
08-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Holy crap! That nearly got out of hand didn't it....nice save HavasuDreamin'
I'm with the "I don't give a toss where we go" crowd. Not that I am taking the easy way out, just that if we decide to do a central deal that some can tow to and some can fly then I will probably tow. If it is a West event and the rest of us fly - I'm in (might even tow that one as well). If there is an event in the East and the rest fly - I'm towing.
Someone said poll. Lets get it started, we should probably decide first if it will be an annual deal somewhere central that the choice is open to drive or fly or the "coasts" take turns each year at hosting.

Infomaniac
08-09-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm tellin you guys. If meet in the central is good and v-drives and jets are the menu. Tulsa is the place. 4 nice lakes within 45 minutes and the lake patrol is not a hassle. More local drag boats around here than just about anywhere also.

Dimarco Kid
08-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Sorry guys, I'm getting a little wound up, loaded for bear. I'm gonna vote, and I'm up for anything really. I would like to have my boat at both events, but we'll see. I think this is a great idea!
D Kid

beyondhelpin
08-16-2002, 02:19 PM
As much as I would like to have this gathering in central - Loto, Grand, Tenkiller or where ever I also am also thinking of a good reason to go to Powell. My boat is going to be towed to either the Keys in Florida (1800 miles) or Powell (1100 miles)next year. I towed a 22" Scarab out to San Diego when I moved there and then towed it back when I moved back to Tulsa. It was about a 24 hour pull.It is really not that much worse than just driving. Just make sure your trailer is in good shape. Bring an extra set of bearings and tire just in case. I did not have any troubles either way.
Somebody set up a poll and anyone serious about doing this vote. If we do this in central I can put some people up at my house.

DickDanger
08-16-2002, 06:31 PM
You guys must all be high!!!! People would seriously consider driving 30-40 f**king hours to go boating?????? I am thinking that the lakes/rivers/bogs/swamps around SoCal are just fine. -DD Out

burbanite
08-17-2002, 07:40 PM
DickDanger
[QB]You guys must all be high!!!! People would seriously consider driving 30-40 f**king hours to go boating??????Yep,
whats wrong with that?