PDA

View Full Version : memorial day warning

bordsmnj
05-20-2003, 08:56 AM
if yur heading out this weekend do us all a favor and put anyone in check that doesn't care to pick up their glass trash
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/349crap1-med.jpg
luckily i didn't put my full weight on this when i stepped on it. :mad: just think it could be yuor kids that find this crap. stupity sucks. o.k. i vented thanks and have a good time :D

Sangster
05-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Bottles at the lake are a bad thing...when we go in the water its always out of the boat & not from the banks for that reason....Also, all winter people have been fishing at your local beaches, watch for discarded Hooks & stuff.... eek!

SCUBA STEVE
05-20-2003, 09:07 AM
I always try to jump off the boat with my sandals on just for that reason, rocks too. Its really simple, no glass on the water. Or if you have to have glass out there, pour it in a plastic cup, and leave the glass on your boat. :mad:
Jason where did you go.. thanks for the invite. J/K :D
Not that it matters what kind of bottle is that, it looks really old? Glad you didnt injure yourself.

stix818
05-20-2003, 09:10 AM
You get caught with glass on the beach down on the Indian Res (Mohave Valley) you get stuck with 1000 dollar fine. It pisses me off to see people not pick up after themselves at river/lakes.

hboldno7
05-20-2003, 09:12 AM
That looks like a Widers Pear Cider

HOOTER SLED-
05-20-2003, 09:17 AM
I frickin agree. Was out at Castaic this past weekend. M-Fer's drinking beer in glass and just throwing them up off the shore. It just kinda bugs me when people can't respect the ****ing lake they use. You don't do that shit on your front lawn do you?? I'm not a tree hugger or anything, just take some pride in the places that you play so it's in good condition when you come back. Where's the lake etiquette??
HOOTER "Don't you be throwin' trash on my lake punk" SLED

dimarcobros
05-20-2003, 09:19 AM
The people that bring bottles out on the river are the people that don't belong there to begin with.
Only time I drink cans are at the river, by the pool and at the beach. The last thing you need is a half a bottle in your foot.

TOOMNYTOYS
05-20-2003, 09:20 AM
two weeks ago at the sand bar in parker we were there all day on a monday. the kids were making a sand castle on the beach and started using bottles as part of it then my son thought he would through them like base balls. well i made him pick up bottles for five minutes. he filled up over half my ez cover bag with bottles in five minutes. ya bottles suck but not as bad as the people that leave them.

Essex502
05-20-2003, 09:24 AM
It's not just bottles but all of the trash brought to the lake - chip bags, cans, bottles - anything you brought - PACK IT BACK OUT! Take your trash and a little more of any you see.

SCUBA STEVE
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
HOOTER SLED-:
I frickin agree. Was out at Castaic this past weekend. M-Fer's drinking beer in glass and just throwing them up off the shore. It just kinda bugs me when people can't respect the ****ing lake they use. You don't do that shit on your front lawn do you?? I'm not a tree hugger or anything, just take some pride in the places that you play so it's in good condition when you come back. Where's the lake etiquette??
HOOTER "Don't you be throwin' trash on my lake punk" SLED When I see people do that, I want to go do something about it really bad. But what is a fight going to solve? I am guilty of taking a bottle or 2 out w/me, hard liquor or some fruity stuff for the girls. But every serving gets served in the middle of the boat, straight in a plastic cup. If I break the bottle I can only blame myself or my crew, then clean it up.

TOOMNYTOYS
05-20-2003, 09:50 AM
i agree with the trash etc. but you know there was hardley no trash and not even one can "I WONDER WHY?".the thing about bottles is that people dont want to take them i dident want to but did any ways. i wounder what would happen if there was actualy a trash can there. Fu++ it ill bring one there next time for the thought value. but then again it will probley stay there and overfull to the point to where it creates a dump site and becomes a huge eye sore.

riverracerx
05-20-2003, 11:22 AM
That looks like a Widers Pear Cider ...and a Quiksilver watch.
That is one of the reasons the Sandbar is no longer open on holiday weekends. Someone threw an unopened beer bottle and cracked some girls skull. Leave it to the non-regulars to mess it up for everyone else!

bordsmnj
05-20-2003, 03:40 PM
that pic was taken just outside of needles marina at that little cove there.(not the lagoon)i don't know what was in that bottle. it was sitting perfectly flat with only the big, jagged teeth parts exposed in about a foot of water. couldn't of been there long becuase closer inspection turned up two more pieces of the same bottle a fewe feet away.
scuba, you know i hit yuh up about going last weekend, but noooo. :p i could be arm twisted into going out memorial day in someone elses's boat............. :D

burtandnancy
05-20-2003, 04:23 PM
At Lake Mead last year, two houseboats pulled out of a popular beach and left their trash. Nick Barron (Hallett) picked it up, chased them down and delivered the trash to them; then he called the park rangers. They nailed the renters of one of the houseboats, the other split before they were caught. Nick agreed to come back to court to help prosecute these ignorant bastards...

DansBlown73Nordic
05-20-2003, 04:27 PM
When My Mom was a kid. A kid dove off a dock into the water. He didn't come up. They began to search for him. His head was stuck in a milk can that was standing on the bottom. I think the Kid was killed.... eek!

twistedpair
05-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Thank you very much! This is my #1 pet peeve at the lake. Pack out your trash and don't bring glass PERIOD! And don't give me the "Beer tastes better from a bottle" argument either, If you have more than 2 I'll guarantee you can't tell the difference.

GlastronGuy
05-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Alright. Maybe Scuba's beer bong isn't juvenile after all wink
Fill the bong, ice it up and you have cold beer with no glass.
:)

SCUBA STEVE
05-20-2003, 07:15 PM
bordsmnj:
that pic was taken just outside of needles marina at that little cove there.(not the lagoon)i don't know what was in that bottle. it was sitting perfectly flat with only the big, jagged teeth parts exposed in about a foot of water. couldn't of been there long becuase closer inspection turned up two more pieces of the same bottle a fewe feet away.
scuba, you know i hit yuh up about going last weekend, but noooo. :p i could be arm twisted into going out memorial day in someone elses's boat............. :D oh let my boat take the beating. j/k cool get over there and you & your crew are more then welcome aboard. :D :D I am out of here thursday morning, give me a buzz tomorrow if you are serious.

SCUBA STEVE
05-20-2003, 07:17 PM
GlastronGuy:
Alright. Maybe Scuba's beer bong isn't juvenile after all wink
Fill the bong, ice it up and you have cold beer with no glass.
:) How about a frozen sleeve around the tank. Ice would just water the beer down, and it would taste like coors light..... yuk
[ May 20, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]