PDA

View Full Version : PARKER SCAM - Serious

carbonmarine
09-09-2003, 08:29 AM
I think this might have happend to me this weekend: What do you guys think.....??
Rick
Senario : Theres a piece of shit boat in the water ( mostly likely already banged up ) ...loosely anchored....it comes undone because of the wakes, owner writes the numbers from the biggest boat or nicest boat that is most defintly insured and reports it...
Law enforcement HAS to respond to fill out a report. The officers fill the report out, intyerview " witness's ". The boat owner takes the report to his insurance , whom contacts other owners insurance whom then settles $$ for no fault .. ** Like here's some money - go away......
NOTE: The law states: owners of boats are responsible for their wakes....
** Parker is a gold mine because if the existing current and the many boats going up & down .....

Boozer
09-09-2003, 08:35 AM
I'll let you borrow my Bayliner and you can return the favor to the guy who's doinf this to you. :D

carbonmarine
09-09-2003, 08:40 AM
I be very interested to hear what Alan / Boat Cop has to say...
Rvr Dave: Betcha a cold beer & a free piece of ass from my ladies fat, crazy sister that its happend/happening more than ya think...
Rick

BADBLOWN572
09-09-2003, 08:45 AM
THATS B.S! Totally sounds like a scam to me. A boater will suffer from a person's incompetence for tying up their own boat. I hope that the person is caught and receives a free pair of silver bracelets. :mad:

uvindex
09-09-2003, 08:57 AM
...it comes undone because of the wakes...I don't understand that part -- how the heck can the scammer prove that? (especially if it was "loosely anchored" to begin with?) Some more details would be helpful...
Good luck.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-09-2003, 09:01 AM
If this is the case where is all the money for the asses that go through the channel with the wakes some people put out there. We are always gettin banged up from at least one everytime were there. Just a ? wink

mbrown2
09-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Carbon,
Other than the incident you mention, I have never heard of any issues, and my brother takes his 30' Conquest out every other weekend, and he has not had any folks chase him down telling him that he caused their boat to come loose :confused: :confused:

mirvin
09-09-2003, 10:28 AM
NOTE: The law states: owners of boats are responsible for their wakes.... Is that really true?? If my wake knocks some kid off his floatie and he drowns I'm responsible!!!??? WTF?

carbonmarine
09-09-2003, 11:17 AM
From the Boatsafe.com web site:
Courtesy
" You are responsible for any damage you cause with your wake. Control your speed and obey speed limit signs "
Rick32

Boatcop
09-09-2003, 04:32 PM
This is a new one on me. Although a boater IS responsible for any damage his wake may cause, the owner of the damaged property must take reasonable measures to protect his own boat.
Things such as making sure it's tied up properly and securely, has a suitable anchor, using fenders to protect it from dock rash, the kid on the floatie can swim or is wearing a PFD, etc.
We've had people report that their boat was damaged or swamped by wakes, but never from a specific boat. Unless the boat was so close to the dock, most times it's long gone before the wake even gets to the moored boat.
California has laws that there is a "No Wake" speed limit within 200 feet of Within 200 feet of any of the following:
(A) A beach frequented by bathers.
(B) A swimming float, diving platform, or lifeline.
(C) A way or landing float to which boats are made fast or which is being used for the embarkation or discharge of passengers. Now that would be impractical to enforce on the Strip, since in some places the River is barely 300 feet wide.
I doubt that it's a new "Scam" that's occuring out here. More likely an isolated incident where someone can't take responsibility for his own lack of knot tying skills.
Also, the boat would have to throw out an "unreasonable" or "unusually large" wake. With the big boats and wake board boat's with bladders that are running out here now, it'd have to be pretty hefty to be considered unusual.
BTW. Those thoughts are mine, based on 27 years of doing this stuff, and not based or quoted from any law, except where noted.

carbonmarine
09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Thanks Alan.... I was actually keeping an eye out for you guys this weekend. I wanted to say hello..
Rick32

HM
09-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Residents in Canyon Lake on the main lake started suing this last year - and actually with good reason. Many of the wakeboard boats running bladders were destroying docks and damaging boats. The POA passed a rule that prohibits the use of "Wake enhancing devices". The police started to list the citations, and home owners started to sue. The wakeboard boats/kneeboard/airchair are limited to stay within 100 ft of the center of the lake.

mbrown2
09-09-2003, 05:42 PM
HolyMoly:
Residents in Canyon Lake on the main lake started suing this last year - and actually with good reason. Many of the wakeboard boats running bladders were destroying docks and damaging boats. The POA passed a rule that prohibits the use of "Wake enhancing devices". The police started to list the citations, and home owners started to sue. The wakeboard boats/kneeboard/airchair are limited to stay within 100 ft of the center of the lake. So you spend 1/2 Mil+ for a pad at Canyon Lake and you can only Wakeboard or Airchair 100ft from the center of the lake...I think I will stick to Parker :) :D

DickDanger
09-09-2003, 09:37 PM
HolyMoly, if you live in Canyon Lake, then dont read what I am about to say....
Canyon Lake sucks dick!!! They have more ****ing rules than a concentration camp, for Christs sake. Linda's brother in law lives there, and you wouldnt believe some of the shit that they come up with. Then again, I guess that is why I choose not to live there.
-DD Out