PDA

View Full Version : Another Havasu Boating accident!

hot_diggity_dog
10-14-2003, 05:39 AM
Unborn child killed in boating accident
By Mark Hall
An unborn child was killed as a result of a boating accident on Lake Havasu Sunday night.
Rosa Suarez, 33, Lake Havasu City , was pregnant with the full-term child when the accident occurred about 8:30 p.m. in the north portion of the lake, according to Sandy Edwards, media spokeswoman for the Mohave County Sheriff's Office.
She was airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas where she was listed in critical condition Monday.
Suarez was a passenger in a 1980 Renken , a 16-foot runabout. The operator of the boat, Miguel Pelayo, 23, also of Lake Havasu City , received minor injuries and was treated and released by emergency personnel.
The other boat involved was a 1993 Cheetah and was occupied by five individuals from Huntington Beach, Calif.
James Allen Tullio, 50, Rachel Tullio, 40, and their three children.
No one on that boat received any injuries.
Edwards said authorities believe alcohol was a factor in the accident.
However, no one has been charged.
The sheriff's office is not releasing any other details of the accident pending investigation , Edwards said.
"The investigation is still ongoing," she said.
My Sympathy to all parties involved. :(
HDD frown

FastTimmy
10-14-2003, 06:55 AM
That is to bad!!
8:30 pm? was it dark out??

tenchi17
10-14-2003, 06:57 AM
FastTimmy:
That is to bad!!
8:30 pm? was it dark out?? Yea I was also there this last weekend and
it was dark at 7:00 pm i met diggity dog for the first time too

tenchi17
10-14-2003, 06:58 AM
FastTimmy:
That is to bad!!
8:30 pm? was it dark out?? Yea I was also there this last weekend and
it was dark at ((8:00)) pm i met diggity dog for the first time too
MY MISTAKE

FastTimmy
10-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Trying to up the post count?

Banzai Fry
10-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Yea it does get dark around 7. I was up from friday thru monday. I feel for there loss.
There was a nice crowd for the end of the season weekend. I left the channel around 2 to head up to the sandbar, I got about 1 mile past windsor, it was to rough for me. I had rollers breaking over the bow and all my stuff from under the bow was back by the engine. When i drove by monday noon, the wind was blowing and white caps were out.

carbonmarine
10-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Its an AZ thing then, I wonder what Alan /Boatcop might have to say......
Oh ! I was at the V Drive regatta on Sun @ Irvine Lake, two guys walk up to me... cunning as they were they were trying to get sombody to talk to them about the Red Rock Incident...
Turns our they are Ex-DEA guys working as PI's for the family of the one of the young girls that had died as a result.....
That ones gonna get as ugly in the court room and litigation as the real life outcome was ..... Its all terrible.
Rick32

Mr.Havasu
10-14-2003, 09:22 AM
carbonmarine:
Oh ! I was at the V Drive regatta on Sun @ Irvine Lake, two guys walk up to me... cunning as they were they were trying to get sombody to talk to them about the Red Rock Incident...
Turns our they are Ex-DEA guys working as PI's for the family of the one of the young girls that had died as a result.....
That ones gonna get as ugly in the court room and litigation as the real life outcome was ..... Its all terrible.
Rick32 What red rock incident? Where is Red Rock? Do you have a link to any articles about it?

carbonmarine
10-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Red Rock in Parker right ???? I was refering to the Parker incident a few weeks ago....
Rick32

Boatcop
10-14-2003, 02:44 PM
I'll have to stay silent on this one, and let my counterparts with Mohave County SO do their job.
I just wish the weather would cool off so we can end our season and try to catch up. The accidents are supposed to stop after Labor Day.
I don't know anyone involved in the Havasu collision, but my prayers are again with the victims and their families.
I've been doing a little too much praying lately. cry

carbonmarine
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Ditto Alan, Ditto... Boating incidents are supposed to stop after each Labor day...and never show up again....That what I think !!!
On another note ! I hope ya get time off
for OP6C.....
Rick32