PDA

View Full Version : Football Picks

dimarcobros
09-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Who is good at the picks? I am in a pool with a couple of buddies and got murdered last week. I am in 38th place out of 44.
Any good advice, or anyone know of a fixed game?
DMB

NoCal NoBoat
09-10-2003, 09:04 AM
DMB -
No fixers here, but these caught my eye...
Seattle covers (4 1/2) on the road vs Arizona.
Tennessee covers (2) on the road vs Indianapolis
My Niners are a 3 point underdog to St Louis. Tempting, but I stay away from this one. Bulger at QB instead of Warner, Niners have to prove last week was not a fluke. At this point, Rams still own the Niners in their house...

JetBoatRich
09-10-2003, 09:14 AM
dimarcobros:
Who is good at the picks? I am in a pool with a couple of buddies and got murdered last week. I am in 38th place out of 44.
Any good advice, or anyone know of a fixed game?
DMB Advice, I would pick better this week. The bright side it is the first week.
What kind of pool, do they use the points, straight up, etc?

dimarcobros
09-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the tips NoCal.
We use the lines that are in the USA Today for all the games. There are weekly winners and at the end of the season the person with the most wins gets a bigger pot.
What do you guys think about Denver -3 vs SD?
DMB

JetBoatRich
09-10-2003, 09:29 AM
I always say take Denver, they should win by 7.

fear the turtle
09-10-2003, 09:40 AM
The first 4 weeks are really hard to predict but I like
Detroit taking 7 at GB
Oakland to cover 12 against the Bengals
NCAA -
UVA to cover 71/2 over W.Michigan.
ND taking 10 at Michigan (see it as a 3-4 pt game)

dimarcobros
09-10-2003, 09:49 AM
How about STL -3 vs SF
I hate SF but the way they played vs the wy STL played is night and day. STL looked like crap! :confused:
Miami -3 vs NY Jets
Balt -2 vs Clev
Tampa Bay -9.5 vs Carolina
New Orleans -8 vs Houston
Those are all the picks I have left. :confused: Thanks in advance for your help.
DMB

summerlove
09-10-2003, 09:59 AM
No help from me, I got a 5. However, I won my pool the last two years by picking ALL underdogs every week. The year before I won, a lady won by doing the exact same thing, so I'm always picking underdogs now. Go bak and verify, but in the long run, the dogs always seem to cover. Good luck.
BTW, was that you guys yelling to me Sunday afternoon in the channel?

fear the turtle
09-10-2003, 10:18 AM
dimarcobros:
How about STL -3 vs SF
I hate SF but the way they played vs the wy STL played is night and day. STL looked like crap! :confused:
Miami -3 vs NY Jets
Balt -2 vs Clev
Tampa Bay -9.5 vs Carolina
New Orleans -8 vs Houston
Those are all the picks I have left. :confused: Thanks in advance for your help.
DMB Not that I know what I'm doing and lose just as much as anyone else; I would go with -
Miami - Feel pretty good they'll take it to a beat up Jet's team by more then 3.
Baltimore - Don't feel comfortable at all, but as and underdog and home team I would pick them.
Carolina - Carolina has a pretty stout defense and TB isn't anything prolific on offense. Carolina could keep it close.
Houston - Strong defense and IMHO NO is the most overrated team in the league.
49ers/Rams - no feeling what so ever. Flip a coin. 49ers looked better last week, but Bulger is an improvement and don't the Rams normally dominate SF.

NoCal NoBoat
09-10-2003, 10:20 AM
DMB -
Niners v STL - Tempting, like I said, but...
Bay Area writer thinks Niners are catching Rams at a good time. Genuine QB controversy brewing, Martz says Warner needs a day off, Bulger will start. Warner says "I'm fine". Warner got no help from a very expensive Rams OL. Pace and Turley were terrible.
Bulger was 6-1 last year when starting.
Rams (and Martz) are pissed off, and want to prove something. Faulk should see the ball a lot more, running and catching the ball. Martz will run up the score if given the chance.
Big game for Niners, IMO. Rams have owned them lately (I could get shot for saying that in the Bay Area) IMO, it's a psychological hurdle for the Niners. They are a second or third place team in the division until these beat the Rams decisively. I've seen them tank too many times recently in STL and New Orleans. Niners +3 is not enough for me.
Hope I'm wrong.
Denver v San Diego - I wish Plummer had a better debut last week. That 21 QB rating needs to improve.

al cole'holic
09-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Here is my contributing picks :D
Miami
Baltimore
Tennessee
Detroit :D (pick of the week)
Washington
Buffalo
New Orleans
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Oakland
Minnesota

dimarcobros
09-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for the tips, if I win this week drinks are on me next weekend in Havasu if anyone will be there.
DMB

al cole'holic
09-10-2003, 01:17 PM
dimarcobros:
Thanks to everyone for the tips, if I win this week drinks are on me next weekend in Havasu if anyone will be there.
DMB If I hit my parlays we're talking over 100k :D You can be damn sure I buyin a hell of alot of drinks!

dimarcobros
09-10-2003, 02:46 PM
How many parlays do you have? Are they all the teams you mentioned before?
DMB

al cole'holic
09-10-2003, 02:52 PM
dimarcobros:
How many parlays do you have? Are they all the teams you mentioned before?
DMB ...got a few small and large ones :D
I took all the teams above straight up, then a few +- parlays, and a few 5-6 team parlays. Oh well, it's like the lottery...

dimarcobros
09-10-2003, 02:54 PM
That is manly. I don't think I have ever hit more than a 3 team parlay. Seems those 5-6 teams I was always 1 team short. Good Luck!!!
DMB

CA Stu
09-10-2003, 03:24 PM
NoCal NoBoat:
DMB -
My Niners are a 3 point underdog to St Louis. Tempting, but I stay away from this one. Bulger at QB instead of Warner, Niners have to prove last week was not a fluke. At this point, Rams still own the Niners in their house... Dude, you're on criznack. The Niners this year are going to stomp the Rams. I have $20 that says so for each game. It looked to me like the Rams Offensive line just came back from a baby shower this past weekend, they couldn't shut down the Giants line at all.
CA Stu <-- "Always a Rams fan", even when they stunk. I still hate that disrespectful queer Tony Banks.

al cole'holic
09-10-2003, 03:27 PM
dimarcobros:
That is manly. I don't think I have ever hit more than a 3 team parlay. Seems those 5-6 teams I was always 1 team short. Good Luck!!!
DMB ..still up in the air with the Steeler game, thats my team but I am on the fence...wtf?? I hit a few good parlays this year which were f'n amazing, missed that damn Thursday game by that friggin FG kick that tied the game with the pts and missed a 3k parlay...but oh well :D

al cole'holic
09-17-2003, 07:09 PM
al cole'holic:
Here is my contributing picks :D
Miami
Baltimore
Tennessee
Detroit :D (pick of the week)
Washington
Buffalo
New Orleans
Kansas City
Seattle
Denver
Oakland
Minnesota Damn...just closing the books for the week and realized I missed this biatch by 3 games! :mad:

JetBoatRich
09-21-2003, 07:34 PM
How many picked AZ over Green Bay today jawdrop Cleveland over S.F.