PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR pays off Jesse Jackson!!!

HighRoller
05-08-2003, 05:00 PM
I just found out that NASCAR made a $250,000 donation to Jesse Jackson's Rainbow coalition.Even worse when asked why they made the donation and what the money was going to be used for they declined to comment!!Looks like ol' Jesse put on his shakedown show and NASCAR folded like a lawn chair!I can't stand NASCAR and don't even watch it anymore because it's so scripted it's pathetic.I just thought I'd let those of you who follow it know about this so you could let NASCAR know how you feel.Make sure you use the term"will not buy any of the sponsor products"and they will pay attention.We don't call it"CashCar" for nothing,right?

Catmando
05-08-2003, 07:06 PM
What do you mean by "scripted"? I like Formula 1 and SCCA racing myself. Turning left at 190MPH just doesn't quite do it for me any more.

Windy
05-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Catmando:
Turning left at 190MPH just doesn't quite do it for me any more. Nope thats not all they do...besides a few road courses, theres "drafting," pit strategy, adjustments made to the car throughout the entire race to bring that car across the finish line before 43 or so other cars get there, spotters to get them passed cautions to name a few.
HighRoller where did you get this information from.
MissHBjet

Hava Mama 69
05-08-2003, 08:57 PM
That happened at the beginning of the season. Since Mike Helton took over the sport has gone to crap!!! I'm going back to watching NHRA!!! :p

haulina29
05-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Im with Cat Nascar is boring same old stuff different day bring,on the fuelers!

playdeep
05-08-2003, 09:39 PM
The Nascar story is true,I saw the piece that Fox news did.
Bill Mauer<sp asked Nascar why,and they refused to answer.That really sucks..
Catmando,Formula1?,please...
Go-carts on steriods,Michael Schumacher might be the best Formula1 driver in the world,but I gotta laugh when I hear people say that he is the best race car driver in the world...
I wonder how he would do at Talledaga,Bristol,Atlanta,etc
My guess is Earnhardt jr.,Tony Stewart,J Gordon would eat him alive...

HCS
05-08-2003, 09:44 PM
I don't understand NASCAR and this Jessie Jackson shit. J.J. is one of the biggest bigots in this country. Why in the hell would NASCAR want to have anything to do with him, besides $$$$$!!! :mad:

Hava Mama 69
05-08-2003, 09:47 PM
Something to do with NASCAR being a redneck sport and Jesse Jackson threatening LAWSUIT!!!! argue

HCS
05-08-2003, 09:50 PM
NASCAR= DICK IE CHICKS.
Personally I like round-e-rounds. smile_sp
But this could be bad for NASCAR.

Hava Mama 69
05-08-2003, 09:53 PM
Nobody ever said that anything other than a redneck couldn't drive. It's just been a sport where rednecks do better. :cool:

Ian
05-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey Playdeep their is a reason Michael Schumacher is one of the highest paid athletes, he's arguably the best driver in the world, though my favorite F1 driver is Juan pablo Montoya. In my opinion their is more skill that goes into driving an F1 car then Nascar. You are right about F1 cars being overgrown Go-karts, infact many drivers including Nascar drivers race shifter karts in the off season to stay in shape and if you've ever driven one you'd know how much skill it takes to get one around a track quickly. Don't get me wrong I love Nascar and watch in regularly, but I prefer F1 and CART

HighRoller
05-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Miss HBJet I have friends who have business dealings with several cup drivers,one of them is the champion from one of the past 3 years.He said it's a joke.Worse than WWF.He said everyone in the garage area predicted Jr's win at Daytona last year before the first car hit the track.He also mentioned things such as arbitrary penalties, NASCAR airing your technical laundry in front of other teams during tech,and the always mysterious"debris caution"and ever popular "pit lane speeding penalty".Not to mention the new"yellow line"at Daytone which was enforced for everyone except Jr this year.To top it off the infamous 377 inch restrictor plate motor debacle which NASCAR swept under the rug in addition to the fact that NASCAR has prevented certain teams from meeting with companies about potential sponsorships while they played middle man for others.If you wanna see how"honest"the France family is read Smokey Yunick's book.He explains how even back in the 50's Big Bill France played favorites just like little Bill does today.

Kilrtoy
05-08-2003, 10:13 PM
SO what your saying is that nascar has all the same ****ed up shit that every other sport has, WOW, Guess I cant watch nascar either, I hope the morons take me back so I can go on a little missionary bike ride.........

Hava Mama 69
05-08-2003, 10:13 PM
I personally think that since Mike Helton took the raines that NASCAR has become a HUGE propaganda scam!!! I totally agree with enforcing the yellow line equally. How does Jr. sleep at night knowing he won by going below the yellow line and yet his teammate (at that time) Steve Park goes below the yellow line to avoid an accident and he gets black flagged?? eek!

Windy
05-08-2003, 10:16 PM
HighRoller:
Miss HBJet I have friends who have business dealings with several cup drivers,one of them is the champion from one of the past 3 years.He said it's a joke.Worse than WWF.He said everyone in the garage area predicted Jr's win at Daytona last year before the first car hit the track.He also mentioned things such as arbitrary penalties, NASCAR airing your technical laundry in front of other teams during tech,and the always mysterious"debris caution"and ever popular "pit lane speeding penalty".Not to mention the new"yellow line"at Daytone which was enforced for everyone except Jr this year.To top it off the infamous 377 inch restrictor plate motor debacle which NASCAR swept under the rug in addition to the fact that NASCAR has prevented certain teams from meeting with companies about potential sponsorships while they played middle man for others.If you wanna see how"honest"the France family is read Smokey Yunick's book.He explains how even back in the 50's Big Bill France played favorites just like little Bill does today. Whats the name of this book frown

HCS
05-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Once NASCAR puts together thier all black racing team and all female racing team and their all lesbian team and their all faggot racing team and their all everything team. It will be all better right? :p
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Hava Mama 69
05-08-2003, 10:23 PM
I agree!! It won't make it any better. Don't you think that if someone other than a redneck had talent that a car owner would jump on him/her?? Every thing about NASCAR is becoming so political now!! Ever since Earnhardt died the sport has taken a wrong turn. Why was such a big deal made about his death yet the other 2 guys that died the year b4 were just swept under the rug. How do you think their teams and families felt about that?? One of them being the Petty's. :confused:

HighRoller
05-08-2003, 10:48 PM
And what's sad is that NASCAR tried to blame Simpson for the Earnhardt thing when the truth was that belt was improperly mounted.NASCAR knew it,Simpson knew it(and told Earnhardt and NASCAR)and nothing was done.Simpson had to sue NASCAR to clear his name.Bill Simpson has devoted his life to safety in racing and NASCAR tried to destroy him and his reputation to cover up their own negligence.As far as Smokey's book it's called"Sex Lies and Superspeedways".I'm not trying to ruin racing for anybody,I just hate to see people get excited about things like this without knowing all the facts about what REALLY goes on.

TripleThreat
05-08-2003, 10:54 PM
"and their all faggot racing team"
I thought Jeff Gordon was heading that team up? :D

Hava Mama 69
05-08-2003, 10:57 PM
I'm not trying to ruin racing for anybody,I just hate to see people get excited about things like this without knowing all the facts about what REALLY goes on.
I totally agree with this statement you made!! Since I was in the womb I've been involed in racing and I do understand how things work. They even said the seat belt was installed wrong. Chocolate Myers even testified that he knew it was in there wrong but that it fit Dale better that way. But Simpson ws still to blame?? NASCAR needed a scape goat.

05-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Catmando sorry but scripted is when Schumacher
is running second on the last lap his team
mate slows down and he wins the race, i hope
that explains it, and as far as Nascar it
sucks,so go watch some real race drivers
sprintcars and midgets without wings
my $.02

HighRoller
05-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Here are my main issues with NASCAR.They say safety is first.Yet the track that has killed 2 drivers and injured many others(New Hampshire)because of a flawed design has yet to be changed.Soft walls have been available for years yet they refuse to use them because it takes up too much precious TV time to clean them up.They insist on forcing drivers to run three wide for 500 miles and having 25 car crashes instead of listening to the drivers.Anytime safety gets in the way of money they choose money.
Next,they say it's about competition.BUT you can only use one brand of gas,one tire and out of the the 36 templates used to inspect the cars,only 3 are different between the 4 brands.Finally,there has NEVER been a case when an illegal car won the race and was disqualified.Gordon/Evernham were caught illegal so many times I lost count and were never penalized anything but money.Dale Earnhardt was NEVER penalized for rough driving even after admitting he did it on purpose.But Tony stewart was put on probation for WORDS!!!Need I continue?

HighRoller
05-08-2003, 11:39 PM
BTW,Ms HBjet if you want to see the best racing in the country right now,go see the SCRA at Perris Speedway.

Hava Mama 69
05-08-2003, 11:45 PM
That so funny...That's exactly what my huband and I argue about each and every race. NASCAR is VERY UNFAIR. I agree with that 110% They (NASCAR) says that they listen to the drivers but they don't act upon the drivers suggestions and comments. Unfortunately some of those drivers all they know is driving so they don't want to make waves in their sport.

Windy
05-08-2003, 11:47 PM
HighRoller:
BTW,Ms HBjet if you want to see the best racing in the country right now,go see the SCRA at Perris Speedway. I have a passion for racing...especially stock car. I will check it out. Perris is local.
This really makes me sad to read this frown

HighRoller
05-09-2003, 12:45 AM
I'm sorry MsHBJ,it wasn't my intention to burst your bubble.I too was disappointed when all these things started coming out in the open too.I'm especially disappointed in all the car owners and drivers who support NASCAR by putting up with it.But what else can they do?The moment they speak up they get fined or put on probation,and who wants to give up a multi million dollar gig as a wheelman.I guess money silences your conscience eh?

Blown 472
05-09-2003, 04:15 AM
Can you say Ernhardt "Cash cow" ???
Bring on the 6000hp, nitro snorting kick ass, no bullshit top fuel cars.
[ May 09, 2003, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

sorry dog
05-09-2003, 05:30 AM
I had a big long RD style post typed up and my browser ****ed up :(
I just found out that NASCAR made a $250,000 donation to Jesse Jackson's Rainbow coalition. Probably the best money they ever spent. Most folks with a tick sized brain know that JJ is a fraud, but he's got enough people that believe him and enough TV time that he could cause way more than 250 grand of damage. Actually I think he settled too cheap. I bet he coulda gotten 1 mil.
Nascar is scipted? How can you say the Dale Jr. is gonna win for sure when there is probably a 20% chance his car will break or Park will have seizure and ram his ass. And do they script the crashes too?? If so put a word in for me that I'd like to see a few more to spice it up a bit.
I'm not saying that they don't play favorites, but I would guess that is to appeal to their audience (for Dale Jr. I guess the would the be the new baggy pants redneck kids that adore chin stubble)
After all Nascar is entertainment. I don't go to see the best driving in the world. I go to get drunk with friends, make stupid bets, and have good time.
Nobody ever said that anything other than a redneck couldn't drive. It's just been a sport where rednecks do better. I'll bet a case of brew that I can drive faster than you.

THOR
05-09-2003, 05:33 AM
I am pretty skeptical about the hear-say facts in this thread. You do have to play favorites because every driver has to pay his dues. Why do I say this? Because it was told to me by Jimmy Johnson last year at the Vegas race. A friend of mine used to race with him and got us into his garage.

HCS
05-09-2003, 05:37 AM
Blown 472:
Bring on the 6000hp, nitro snorting kick ass, no bullshit top fuel cars. I'm going to the Autolite Nationals at Infinion race way instead of NASCAR. Nitro, the only way to go.
Besides my kid watching nascar, I have watched the least amount of nascar racing in a long time.
[ May 09, 2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

Blown 472
05-09-2003, 05:40 AM
HARDCORE-SKI:
Blown 472:
Bring on the 6000hp, nitro snorting kick ass, no bullshit top fuel cars. I'm going to the Autolite Nationals at Infinion race way instead of NASCAR. Nitro, the only way to go.
Besides my kid watching nascar, I have watched the least amount of nascar racing in a long time. Hell yeah, nothing better than standing behind 6000 hp warming in the pits, oh did I say pits? the ones you can get into as part of your ticket purchase that comes with the great part of the drags. Asscar is boring.

burbanite
05-09-2003, 05:52 AM
High Roller........pretty much on the money there son..............

Catmando
05-09-2003, 08:46 AM
TripleThreat:
"and their all faggot racing team"
I thought Jeff Gordon was heading that team up? :D Ararararar idea :D

HighRoller
05-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Okay,let me explain what I mean when I say"scripted".No,you can't control what goes on after the race starts,other than throw the"debris" caution.But before the race starts is a different story.EVERY team pushes the rulebook to or beyond the limits because the competition is so fierce.There are dozens of inspections during every race weekend so if car A and car B get inspected and the officials let a few things slide on car A and tell the crew of car B they need to make some adjustments to get within specs who just benefitted?Also,if car A qualifies faster than car B,the officials might decided to have a shock inspection where they tear down your shocks and hold up every piece for all to see.So much for your hard earned advantage after team B sees what you did different then they did.As far as Jimmy Johnson and all the other rookies,how do you explain the fact that guys like Jamie McMurray who couldn't drive a dog off the porch in a busch car come in and win their first race?Kevin Harvick wins his fourth,in Dale's old car?I'm not making any of this stuff up,I have a lot of friends in NASCAR racing and I've been involved in it myself.I also have friends,as I say,who deal with cup drivers on a regular basis. I won't even go into the whole Gordon/Evernham scandal,which would make you puke.

THOR
05-09-2003, 12:02 PM
You are right, Jimmy was lying to us. My bad. :rolleyes:

voodooCanoe
05-09-2003, 12:06 PM
I love ALL racing! As long as its a motor pushing or pulling something. But to make things more exciting, we should take NASCAR back to its roots.
Divide the pack, put moonshine in the trunks of half the teams and send the other teams out with guns to chase them down!

HighRoller
05-09-2003, 12:25 PM
I wasn't saying anybody lied Thor,but I'm not sitting here saying all this because I'm bored.Anyone who has experienced racing from the inside and outside can look at NASCAR and know it's not all real.I don't like any sanctioning body that takes measures to artificially make their races"close"all the time.NASCAR likes to say they have"leveled the playing field".That means they are"controlling"instead of"sanctioning" competition.The only people who can level the playing field in racing fairly are the teams and drivers.With all the different people and personalities and backgrounds in racing there is no such thing as a level playing field.That's what makes racing exciting.If another guy is blowing your doors off,you go back to the dyno room,the test track or fab shop and work harder.To level the playing field yourself!

burbanite
05-09-2003, 12:32 PM
HighRoller:
If another guy is blowing your doors off,you go back to the dyno room,the test track or fab shop and work harder.To level the playing field yourself! Can I get an AMEN to that.........

Blown 472
05-12-2003, 05:09 AM
web page (http://www.tennessean.com/sports/columnists/woody/archives/03/05/32600884.shtml?Element_ID=32600884)