PDA

View Full Version : Happy Marriage

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-04-2003, 07:14 PM
There was once a man and woman who had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They kept no secrets from each other except that the old woman had a shoebox in the top of her closet that she cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.
For all these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the dc. said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoebox and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time he knew what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted doilies and a stack of money totaling $25,000.00. He asked her about the contents. "when we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me the secret to a happy marriage." and that was to " never argue. She told me that if i ever got angry with you, I should justkeep quiet and crochet a doily."
The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. only 2 doilieswere in the box. she had only been angry with him 2 times in the 60 plus years they have been married.
"Honey," he said"that explains the doilies, but what about all this money? Where did it come from?" "Oh" she said. That is the money i made from selling the doilies." :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-04-2003, 08:37 PM
o.k maybe not. argue :p

topless
09-04-2003, 08:45 PM
That is too funny. so whatcha been sellin lately? LOL wink wink wink

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
went from doilies to quilts. LMAO!! :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-04-2003, 08:50 PM
a prayer