PDA

View Full Version : Local Lakes??

OC-PARTYCAT
07-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Its my sons b-day and he wants to go out on the boat for the weekend. I dont want to load up everything and go to Havasu. Are there any good lakes around so. cal. other than Castaic, perris, or smellsomore? Does anyone have experience with Issabella, pyramid, or Cachuma? camping and skiing? what about any lakes in San Diego county? Ill be in a motorhome with a party cat in tow.
What about Blyth? Is the river deep enough for a 28' party cat or will I get myself into deep (or shallow) shit? :) Ive heard of Lost lake by Blyth. Has anyone been there?

AquaBoogie
07-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Pyramid is just passed Castaic and you won't get hassled while on the water. You must get there very early to get on the water, unless you camp overnight. Cachama has a nice campground. However, they do not allow body contact with the water.

Essex502
07-22-2003, 09:54 AM
IF you're gonna' pull the load to Isabella or Blythe, why not go the extra distance to Havasu?

MagicMtnDan
07-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Pyramid is a fine lake, much better karma (boatma?) than cASStaic.
If you're at the guardhouse (where you pay) before 9AM you shouldn't have a problem getting right in/on.
If you camp overnight you're in first. Enjoy

SchellSchock
07-22-2003, 10:22 AM
In San Diego.... Camp at Lake Jennings, Boat at San Vicente for Skiing, Wakeboarding etc.
San Bernadino... Silverwood Lake camp and boat or Lake Arrowhead

HOOTER SLED-
07-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Coming from Mission Viejo, I would got to Silverwood. Make reservations though to launch. You can make them up to two days in advance. Real nice campground too. Good luck getting reservations for a site soon though. It gets a little choppy there from the wind. Your big boat should be cool though. Good luck. Have fun.
HOOTER

JetBoatRich
07-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Isabella might be a little far for you like they said, we were there last weekend. Water level was great, only saw the patrol boat twice for a minute. Overall it was very nice there.

eliminatedsprinter
07-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Isabella is fine. With a boat that size you will want to use the Walker pass route and the main launch ramp (just down the road from Paradise Cove). Paradise Cove campground has roads and campsites wide enough and you will be able to keep your boat in the water near your campsite and not have to re-launch whenever you go out. Use a good anchor, it often gets windy in the PMs there. If you can get there thurs night or fri PM. you will surely get a great campsite.
[ July 22, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]