PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night, I had my 30 seconds of fame...

Metal_King
09-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Saturday night I was at The Epicenter watching game 1 of the divisional playoffs between Rancho Cucamonga and Inland Empire. It was the 6th inning and I was in an aisle seat with my 9 month old (Joshua) sleeping on my right arm. My 3 year old was right in front of me in the next row and my wife to the right of him. There was plenty of room to sit basically whereever you wanted to.
Well, a foul ball came just to the left of us (in the aisle). I did not have to stand up. I just reached out with my left arm and caught it on the fly. My wife was amazed. She couldn't stop laughing and the fans gave me about a 10 second ovation. Josh continued to sleep. It was pretty cool. It was the first foul ball I have ever caught and the hand stung for about a minute. I thought it would be more painful, but it wasn't.
A guy came over and told me, "That was pretty awesome. Did your son wake up?" Later, a young kid came over to ask me if my hand hurt?

dimarcobros
09-08-2003, 10:29 AM
That is pretty cool, I am surprised your kid didn't wake up. Nice work!!!
DMB

betty boop
09-08-2003, 10:31 AM
Congrats - aren't kids amazing - not even a foul could wake them up!!!

JetBoatRich
09-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Nice job on the catch, I fetched a few balls at the Jethawk Stadium out here. Always cool to get a ball from the field, especially with a good story behind it.
:D :D :D