PDA

View Full Version : One of our own in trouble

HavasuBarney
07-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Early this morning, one of our own had a very close call and is not out of the woods yet.
Eric Gochenouer (EricinNv) suffered from a Brain Anuerism early this morning. He was rushed to the hospital and then transported to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas. The early reports I have from his wife are not good. He did undergo surgery this evening and the outcome of that was positive.
Eric and his wife Deb were here in Havasu this week. They were supposed to return home today. We have spent several of the last few days together.
I'm completely stunned.
We have become very close with Eric and Deb and their family. Eric was healthy and strong as an ox.
Life is so fragile.
Eric will be in the hospital for several weeks and could certainly use our support. Whether it's a card, flowers or the hospital has an email system you could use to send some kind words, whatever is appropriate for each of you. I'm certain they would be pleased to hear from us all.
Sunrise Hospital (http://www.sunrisehospital.com/default.asp)
Jennifer and I will be leaving for Las Vegas in the morning and will try to give you an additional report as soon as we get back.
Thanks everyone in advance.

Rexone
07-22-2003, 10:57 PM
My thoughts and prayers to out to Eric and his wife and will continue to. Please keep us informed when you can Barney. :( frown

future boater
07-22-2003, 10:58 PM
sent him an e-mail. would probably get there faster with a room number though?!?

ROZ
07-22-2003, 11:10 PM
Barney,
I sent a get well off, but a room number would be helpful, as it asks for it on the email form...
Since he's recently out of surgery, I stated an SICU.
Tell them "Hi" and "Hang in there" from us all!
Chris

hd&boatrider
07-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. I hope he pulls out of this and gets better. I am glad you are there to offer support HB.

Tom Brown
07-22-2003, 11:13 PM
I sent a message without a room number. Give it a try, it will get there.

HavasuBarney
07-22-2003, 11:16 PM
He was in room 224 this afternoon.
Thanks guys! :)

novaguy
07-22-2003, 11:19 PM
That is terrible. I wish him and his family the best. My prayers are with him...

JetBoatRich
07-23-2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the post Barney, sent e-mail.
Keep us posted on his recvovery

v-drive
07-23-2003, 03:45 AM
Thanks Barney, you're a decent human being.
I sent an email for Joe this am. v-drive
[ July 23, 2003, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

Jungle Boy
07-23-2003, 03:50 AM
Bad news - Pray for a speedy recovery.

Havasu Hangin'
07-23-2003, 03:53 AM
Sad news. Get well quick, Eric.
Barney- keep us updated?

spectratoad
07-23-2003, 04:14 AM
Sent him a note this morning. Godspeed Eric.

HOSS
07-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Prayers are with you. Message sent. wink

MagicMtnDan
07-23-2003, 05:00 AM
I am sorry to hear the news about Eric. This is truly very unfortunate. I wish him a rapid and full recovery.
Click here for the Sunrise Hospital patient e-mail service (http://www.sunrisehospital.com/PatEmail.asp)

hot_diggity_dog
07-23-2003, 05:26 AM
Man that news sucks HB, hope everything turns out OK for Eric and his family.
HDD :cool:

HavasuDreamin'
07-23-2003, 05:57 AM
Terrible news. :( I sincerely hope for a speedy recovery! Keep everyone posted HB.

NashvilleBound
07-23-2003, 06:12 AM
I sent a note to 224. This really sucks. Like you said....life's fragil! Heres a link right to the e mail services.
NB
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center - Email
http://www.sunrisehospital.com/EmailForm.asp?strGUID={50C7FBDD-05C7-11D4-81D2-00508B1249D5}&strThankYou=PATIENT_EMAIL

Windy
07-23-2003, 06:29 AM
OMG...Eric is so healthy. This is a total shock. They are both good people. I will send our best wishes to him and Debbie :(
Windy

HavasuBarney
07-23-2003, 06:37 AM
I spoke with Deb this morning.
Eric is still in critical condition and they are not allowing visitors other than immediate family, she asked us to wait a couple days before visiting.
The doctors say the next 72 hours are the most important. Chances for recovery look good after that.
Thanks again everyone, I know our support will help a great deal.

burbanite
07-23-2003, 06:42 AM
Sent an email to Eric and hope things turn out well.
So many things happening in the last week or two....one little thing can remind you about the importance of those you love, seems to me like there is a wake up call going on....

miller19j
07-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Just sent an e mail off to him. Hope he gets well soon!
Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help his family get through this.

MAXIMUS
07-23-2003, 07:11 AM
v-drive:
That might be a little over stated... :rolleyes:
He is in my prayers...

MAXIMUS
07-23-2003, 07:11 AM
v-drive:
That might be a little over stated... :rolleyes:
He is in my prayers...

superdave013
07-23-2003, 07:28 AM
Barney, Thanks for letting us know about Eric.
We have never met face to face, but talked online enough that I feel like we are friends.
Sending him a note right now.

Froggystyle
07-23-2003, 08:28 AM
Wow, another reason to remember how fleeting life is. Our best wishes go to Eric and family.
I think I am going to watch the sun set tonight...

07-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Thanks Barney, What a shock to say the least. Eric is a real good guy and I hope and pray he fully recovers. It just goes to prove life is fleeting and unsure, we never know what tomorrow will bring. Thanks, Bob

Hotcrusader76
07-23-2003, 08:51 AM
Froggystyle:
Wow, another reason to remember how fleeting life is. Our best wishes go to Eric and family.
I think I am going to watch the sun set tonight... Let this be another lesson in life to never take anything for granted...specially friendships.
I didn't know Eric but I wish him the best of luck. Us ***boaters are behind him.

FMluvswater
07-23-2003, 08:54 AM
I sent two things last night ... a prayer and an e-mail. I hope and pray his recovery goes smoothly.
overhead cam

C-2
07-23-2003, 09:02 AM
I don’t know Eric but it sounds like he is a great with a wonderful family. Get well soon.
C2

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Very sorry to hear about eric our thoughts and prayers go out to all of his friends and family. He is in our prayers for a speedy recovery please let us know if we can do anything for you or his family. Sent him an e-mail hope it helps. very sad. get well soon eric.stay strong.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-23-2003, 02:58 PM
My prayers are with him Barney.
I know others that have gone through this and are fine now. Hopes and prayers are the key.
When the (medical, ect) bills start rolling in, make sure to post if any effort is underway to raise some $$ to help out.
Even if insurance covers the Medical,, other costs do occur too.
I'll be the first to contribute, first to help with any other $$ effort too.
You can always count on the Casanova.

leibniz
07-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Ditto.
I'd love to chip in some undervalued Canadian currency.

Stupid Fast
07-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Brain Anuerism's are very scary and EXTREAMLY dangerous. They hit people in their prime. I don'yt know Eric but I hope he has a full recovery. My father did not survive from the exact same thing March 17 1997. (1-1/2months before my wedding) This thread brings tears to my eyes.
I Truly feel for Eric his wife and his family. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. I think that support from family and friends is sometimes the best medicine.
Eric in Columbus

DansBlown73Nordic
07-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Very sorry to hear the sad news. I hope me makes a full recovery.

DickDanger
07-23-2003, 04:41 PM
I too have sent him an e mail, in the hopes that a personal message from the infamous DD will lift his spirits. Heres hoping to see him back on the water soon. -DD Out

Wet Dream
07-23-2003, 07:15 PM
Best wishes.

01RENEGADE
07-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Get well soon

beached 1
07-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Eric is good people. Sorry to hear.
We never got a chance to hook up for some Monday Night NFL. I really wish his favorite team the Steelers could be playing right now.
Get well bud! The River will be there when you do.
Thanks Barney for the info and where to send some flowers.

Johnwithjm
07-23-2003, 08:20 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Eric and his family. I wish you all the best. Thanks for the update Barney.

Windy
07-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Any updates frown

HavasuBarney
07-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Thursday, July 24th
I spoke with Debbie tonight, she sounded much better.
Eric is doing really well considering everything he went through. It was a large anuerism that ruptured, one that very few survive.
Eric is strong AND knows he has the support of many friends. Today he was awake, alert and aware, he even responded correctly to commands (raise 2 fingers on your left hand). He is still not out of the woods but things are looking pretty good for survival and recovery.
When I asked Debbie if they had been receiving the emails from everyone, I could hear the smile come across her face. She was SOOO excited about the response and let me know how all of your responses had been the bright spot for her and helped her through some really tough times.
Please continue to email her and Eric, it is for the most part, their only contact with the outside world. It has given them hope and inspiration and a much needed extra push to keep the faith and stay strong! It helps a great deal!
I can't begin to tell you all the love I'm feeling for everyone here also. Thank you everyone for your support, thought, prayers and especially those great emails! Please keep em coming!
I love you guys and will keep you updated to any and all progress!
[ July 24, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: HavasuBarney ]

miller19j
07-24-2003, 06:52 PM
HavasuBarney:
I can't begin to tell you all the love I'm feeling for everyone here also. Thank you everyone for your support, thought, prayers and especially those great emails! Please keep em coming!
I love you guys and will keep you updated to any and all progress! I don’t know Eric or Debbie personally. But the way I look at it; Board members that I have not yet meet are just future friends. I feel that we are a little online family and we should help each other out in times of need. I hope things continue to improve so I can eventually meet them some day.
Best wishes!
Brad

HBjet
07-24-2003, 08:10 PM
I can't believe this :( I've met Erik and his wife once at the river and once here in HB. They are both some of the coolest people. HB is right, he always seemed very healthy and strong. Please keep us posted and we will keep him and his family in our prayers.
HBjet frown

XTRM22
07-25-2003, 05:46 AM
I just added my "Get Well" e-mail, I only ever met Eric on this forum, but he seems like a straight up guy with a great family. All this support warms my heart, last year both my wife and I spent a week in the hospital, and the support we got here and the e-mails from all our boating friends helped out alot! Our prayers for speedy recover are with you Eric.
Chuck

Seadog
07-25-2003, 07:59 AM
I have been crossing my fingers for him and hadn't want to say anything until it sounded like he was doing better. My wife lost her only brother last year due to an anuerism. He was barely fifty and in good health, so we know how sudden a killer it can be. i am glad that he is doing better and my best wishes to him and his family.

DogHouse
07-25-2003, 08:14 AM
HB, thanks for providing us with the info and keeping us up to date. I sent off a note this morning. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for a quick recovery and return to the river!
:)

07-25-2003, 08:32 AM
Barney, Thanks for the update. Eric will continue to be in my prayers.

07-27-2003, 07:30 PM
Barney, any more info. on how Eric is doing?

OutCole'd
07-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Barney, thanks for keeping everyone posted. My thoghts go out to Eric, & his family.

OutCole'd
07-27-2003, 08:01 PM
OutCole'd:
Barney, thanks for keeping everyone posted. My thoughts go out to Eric, & his family.

HavasuBarney
07-28-2003, 06:08 AM
We went to see Eric on Saturday, I have to admit I wasn't ready to see him like that.
He is still making very good progress but he has a long way to go. For everything he went through, he is better than everyone expected, Eric is a fighter. He is still far from out of the woods though. He still needs our support, prayers and well wishes.
I had a chance to go through all the emails that were in his room, the responses made me cry. What a great group of people we have here and it's an honor to be associated with you all. :)
[ July 28, 2003, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: HavasuBarney ]

missboatnam1
07-28-2003, 10:25 AM
i just read this, i sent a email, how sad this is...we need to appreciate everyday of our lifes...barney thank you for keeping us informed... cry

RiverKitty
07-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the updates Barney.
E-Mail Sent!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414Eric.jpg
May God's angels surround you, protect you and send you peace that passess all understanding during this time.
Lots of Love, Big Bear Hugs and Angel Kisses to a Beautiful Family!!!
Praying for a Speedy Recovery ~RiverKitty

SBullet
07-28-2003, 03:19 PM
My Prayers are with Eric & Family. My Grandfather lost his life a couple of years ago from the same things!!! Eric will get through this!!!

07-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Is there something wrong with the hospital email? I tried to send an email. It didn't go thru so I tried again and got the same "unexpected error, please try again" Whats up?

jlnorthrup122
07-28-2003, 05:51 PM
I looked up erics profile and got his e-mail address and sent a ecard to that email I think he can check it from the hospital if he needs to!
Best wishes

fat rat
07-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Just read this, I hope all is well................the strong will survive.

HavasuBarney
07-28-2003, 09:16 PM
058:
Is there something wrong with the hospital email? I tried to send an email. It didn't go thru so I tried again and got the same "unexpected error, please try again" Whats up? I'm not sure why that message came up, I do know the hospital is receiving our email though.
They have pulled his feeding tube and the respirator, more good news.
He was able to eat a small amount of jello today as well as suck on a few ice chip. Things are getting better but they are small steps.
The only email that they are receiving at this time are the ones that come through the hospital. Chances are that Eric will be in the hospital for another 3 weeks.

07-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the update, Barney. I'll try again.

Windy
07-29-2003, 07:11 AM
That is great news Barney. Thank you for the updates....keep them coming.

AZKC
07-29-2003, 07:16 AM
Good to here he's improving :) It's a long road back but he can do it.
KC

beached 1
07-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Thanks again for keeping us posted Barney. I tried to post over on your board but got some kind of error message. May be beacuse I haven't posted over there in quite awhile. My wife had tried to send Eric some flowers and get well stuff to his room from the b1 family. The hospital doesn't allow flowers on his floor. We hope he got the balloons (they didn't have any shaped like Boobies. :( ) and card from us. He is in our prayers.

HavasuBarney
07-29-2003, 09:50 AM
beached 1:
Thanks again for keeping us posted Barney. I tried to post over on your board but got some kind of error message. May be beacuse I haven't posted over there in quite awhile. My wife had tried to send Eric some flowers and get well stuff to his room from the b1 family. The hospital doesn't allow flowers on his floor. We hope he got the balloons (they didn't have any shaped like Boobies. :( ) and card from us. He is in our prayers. I saw the ballons, stuffed animal and card, very cool of you! There may not have been boobies but the was a pretty cool dude in sunglasses on one balloon!
Thanks again beached1

HavasuBarney
07-29-2003, 09:51 AM
Tuesday July 29th
I spoke with Debbie this morning. She says Eric continues to improve. He has had the feeding tube removed as well as the respirator.
He is beginning to eat some solid food and feed himself. He is talking and able to answer questions and even beginning to initiate conversation. His memory is quite good about things in his distant past but there are some blank areas about the recent past. He is also experiencing some trouble with his vision.
Eric is making incredible progress and looks forward to returning to the boards, even though it will be awhile before he's able. We very much want to stay focused on the good progress he's making.
The most important point I'd like to stress here is this,
Debbie says that our email support is the highlight of their everyday. She is reading our email to Eric and it has brought his first smiles, she says it really helps a great deal and wanted to encourage us to continue.
I know we all have troubles and busy schedules in our lives, I also know not everybody here knows Eric and Debbie personally. But with just a few moments of your time, you can help brighten the days of two people that could really use some help right now.
Please continue to email Eric and Debbie. Maybe share a little of what's going on in your life, perhaps a funny story or even some news of the river. Anything that you can say will be much appreciated by this part of our family who yearns for some outside contact.
Debbie wanted me to thank all of you for your support and tell you that she really feels the love from the boating community and our friends.
Please everyone, keep sending the emails! :)

Windy
07-29-2003, 10:16 AM
I sent an email to the hospital first thing this morning...he is still in room 224 right?
Ive had the pleasure of meeting Eric and Debbie once when they stoped by our house, and partied with them at the RoadRunner. Weve also exchanged emails with Eric trying to find a time where we could get together. These two people hold a special place in my heart.
I will do my part and keep the emails coming,
Windy

jlnorthrup122
07-29-2003, 01:47 PM
I sent an E-mail to his adress in his profile (at his home) is there any way he can get the e-mails sent home? Also how do you send an e-mail to his room?
Best wishes

HavasuBarney
07-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Here's the link for emailing Eric and Debbie at the hospital.
Eric email (http://www.sunrisehospital.com/EmailForm.asp?strGUID={50C7FBDD-05C7-11D4-81D2-00508B1249D5}&strThankYou=PATIENT_EMAIL)
He is still in room 224.
Thank you again everyone! :)

Jrocket
07-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Just sent him an E-Mail. :) I hope he's doing better..

jlnorthrup122
07-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the url made this 100 times easier.
Best wishes!

JetBoatRich
07-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Sent another one, telling him we are ready for the coming home party. Glad to hear the good news, thanks Barney
[ July 29, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

MANIC MECHANIC
07-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. He and his family will be in our prayers. Sent them an E-Mail. Keep us posted. Tim & Beverly

C-2
07-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey Barn,
I think somebody mentioned it before and maybe you’ve already thought of this, but if you or anybody else opens some type of fund to help Eric and his family meet their short term obligations – I would be more than willing to contribute. I know a lot of things are covered by health insurance, but often times other things like rent, mortgage payments and BOAT payments are not.
More than happy to share a piece of my good fortune to get another brother back on the water.

ErcinNV_coworkers
07-31-2003, 02:25 AM
We, here at Eric and Deb's work, know how much Eric loves THIS SITE, boats, humor and BOOBS!
I would like to personally thank all of you for the support to him and his family. All of you are right, They ARE awesome people! And Barney, thank you for updateing his friends.

Jungle Boy
07-31-2003, 05:21 AM
C-2:
Hey Barn,
I think somebody mentioned it before and maybe you’ve already thought of this, but if you or anybody else opens some type of fund to help Eric and his family meet their short term obligations – I would be more than willing to contribute. I know a lot of things are covered by health insurance, but often times other things like rent, mortgage payments and BOAT payments are not.
More than happy to share a piece of my good fortune to get another brother back on the water.
:) That's a great idea.

THOR
07-31-2003, 05:27 AM
C-2:
Hey Barn,
:) I am always down to help a brother out. If someone will set up some type of fund, I am in.

HavasuBarney
07-31-2003, 06:29 AM
C-2:
Hey Barn,
:) I will get something set up ASAP!
Thanks everyone!

HavasuBarney
07-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Again, you guys are just too cool.
Thank you! :)
I spoke to Debbie this morning and she was going to talk with her bank to see if she can set up something. I also spoke with Eric's Dad that lives here in Havasu. He is up in Vegas with Eric until Friday evening. We will be getting together Saturday morning to set him up a PayPal account for easier use.
It's very generous of you guys to offer some finacial support, I know this event is hitting them hard from all sides. I'll let you know as soon as we get the PayPal account up.
:) :)

boatnam2
07-31-2003, 04:58 PM
my step mom just went thru the same thing about 3 months ago.she had 2 anurisums.they went in and repaired the damage and she has made just about a 100percent recovery vision is a little shaky.hopefully eric will do the same.i seen how devistating it can be to a family and loved ones.i wish them the best.it is amazing the things doctors can do.my step mom had a few other weak spots and they went thru her vains up into her brain and basically installed mesh to strengthen the arterey walls.

spectratoad
08-01-2003, 09:08 AM
Barney,
I was just looking at the thread to see how Eric was doing. I am headed to Vegas this weekend possibly and wondered if there is anything they may need brought down from Gardnerville? I am in the area and just wanted to offer help. I will send an e-mail to hospital also. If so you can reach me at 775-720-3837. Todd

OutCole'd
08-02-2003, 08:50 AM
Barney, any updates?

HavasuBarney
08-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Eric continues to do well. They are still keeping him restricted to the bed, straped down when nobody is in the room with him.
Everyday there seems to be a little more of Eric to come back. He still has a long way to go but continues to make progress.
His father got a Paypal account set up for those able to contribute, here is that info also.
Eric's Paypal account info. (http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=002085)

missboatnam1
08-08-2003, 05:16 PM
how do i send money???

missboatnam1
08-08-2003, 05:18 PM
ok, im not reading !! thanks barney!!! wink

missboatnam1
08-08-2003, 05:19 PM
i hate ****in pay pal!! can i send a check someplace?

Windy
08-11-2003, 06:20 PM
BUMP...whats the latest?

HavasuBarney
08-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Eric is still doing well.
He's feeding himself, getting up and walking a little. He is able to get up and use the bathroom by himself now which is kind of a big deal.
I spoke with Debbie this morning and they were hoping to fly Eric up to Reno today so he can start his rehab at the hospital there. He is just waiting for a bed to open up there.
He is still having trouble with his vision but the doctors say that's normal.
I'll let you know as soon as we know he has moved.
Thanks Miss HBjet! :)

rrrr
08-11-2003, 08:58 PM
missboatnam1:
i hate ****in pay pal!! can i send a check someplace? Said it before and I'll say it again:
PayPal is run by Satan. burningm
Get well, Eric.

HavasuBarney
08-13-2003, 10:52 AM
You can make the check out to,
Eric and Debbie Gochenour
Then you can send it to my shop address, I'll make sure they get it! :)
Havasu Barney
1950 Commander Drive #106
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
928-505-8678
Eric is still in Vegas, a bed is not yet available in Reno. I almost feel bad for posting that Paypal info, as soon as I put up something about money, the email support died... :(
Please do not think you have to contribute $$$, it's the email support that gets them through everyday now. Please continue to send an email if it's not too much trouble.
I saw Eric's Dad today, he told me Eric is now starting to move around much better. He has been making small journeys up and down his hall. Last night he saw Debbie in the hallway, called her over smiling and gave her a big hug.
All the little well wishes from us go a long way, please send one when you can. :)
Thanks again everyone! :)

JetBoatRich
08-22-2003, 05:50 AM
Bringing this back to the top.
Barney do you have an update on his condition?

HavasuBarney
08-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Great news!
I talked with Eric today.
Prior to calling him I was a bit nervous, I've received plenty of updates from Debbie and his dad but was not sure what I was gonna say. As soon as he answered the phone, all my reservations were put to rest.
We laughed and joked around as if nothing had ever happened. He seemed 100% over the phone. He told me he was still having a lot of trouble with his vision but other than that, he felt great.
He said he could not remember anything about the incident other than waking up in the hospital.
We talked about boats, the boards and how he looked forward to having a beer. He wanted me to say hello to everyone and to say thanks for all the support. He misses us too!
He has been in rehab for a couple weeks now and hopes to be released this Friday. He says as soon as he gets a couple beers in him, he'll join us here online!
Doctors have been amazed at his recovery.

Froggystyle
08-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Awesome Barney! Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery.
I would love to send him another e-mail. Is his room the same, or has the contact info changed at all?
Thanks for keeping us up to date. This is really awesome that you have pulled up this slack while a lot of us have become involved in our day to days. I think of Eric a lot, and am looking forward to sharing a beer with him on the other side of this ordeal.
Again, thanks for keeping us posted Barn...
[ August 26, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

HavasuBarney
08-28-2003, 07:26 AM
His contact info has changed, he's now up in Reno. The hospital is not set up for emails but hopefully he'll be coming home Friday and can get them there.

EricinNv
10-14-2003, 12:13 PM
I am alive and ok. Many thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes. I know that's what pulled me through. I have not returned to work as my vision is about gone. I have to make the decision on another surgery to hopefully restore my sight. I can't imagine not being able to drive my boat!
Once again, thanks to all, Especially Barney.
God Bless.
Eric

Jungle Boy
10-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Good to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Best wishes from the soon to be frozen north.

FMluvswater
10-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Welcome back Eric. :D It's so good to see you posting here again. :) I'm happy you are doing so well. :)

hot_diggity_dog
10-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Right on Eric Take it slow, and welcome back.
HDD :cool:

sorry dog
10-14-2003, 12:57 PM
It's great to see you back. It's obviously due to your great strength and character. I'm sure you have more Havasu days ahead of you.

chub
10-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Eric, great to hear your free from hospital beds and cranky night watch nurses! Take care of yourself, take it slow when your brain says yes as your body may need you to say no. Trust me on this one. I hope your vision comes back and you get behind the wheel of your boat again. I don't think your gonna have much trouble gettin boat rides if you need them though.
Best regards Chub!

MagicMtnDan
10-14-2003, 01:11 PM
I'm so happy to see you back here posting Eric. I wish you continued and rapid progress and hope you'll be back to 100% in no time at all.

Hustler
10-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Welcome back Eric, glad see your back to posting. We wish you the best and good luck with the surgery.

summerlove
10-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Glad to hear you're doing better. I'm sure that the entire series of events was difficult on you as well as your family and friends. It's nice to hear one of these come out positive for a change. Best of luck to you in your decision regarding the eye surgery. I know you'll make the right choice, whatever it is.
Rick

leibniz
10-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Welcome back Eric! :)
Nice to see you back on the forums... take care and stay strong! You'll be back on the river soon enough!
My thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery and complete success in your vision surgery.

Tom Brown
10-14-2003, 01:50 PM
EricinNv:
I am alive and ok. Many thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes. I know that's what pulled me through. I have not returned to work as my vision is about gone. I have to make the decision on another surgery to hopefully restore my sight. I can't imagine not being able to drive my boat!
Once again, thanks to all, Especially Barney.
God Bless.
Eric :) :) :) :) :) :)
It's fantastic to see your name beside a post, Eric. Hang in there buddy.
-- Tom

spectratoad
10-15-2003, 06:51 AM
Welcome back. Keep up the strength. I hope and wish the best for you. I am local and work here in Carson. If you need anything let me know. Todd

JetBoatRich
10-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Eric welcome back to the boards. Take care of yourself as you continue the recovery.

Windy
10-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Eric...Like Everybody else Im so happy to see you back. We cant wait to see you and Debbie again whether its on or off the water.
Hugs,
Windy

beached 1
10-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Great to see you posting again Eric!
Keeping you and your family in our prayers.
Take care,

10-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Welcome back, Eric. Great to see you are posting again. Best wishes and prayers for your full recovery, Bob

Charley
10-15-2003, 11:20 AM
Welcome back Eric, take it easy till you can take it hard wink

RiverKitty
10-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Welcome Back Eric!!! :D We missed you!!!
Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you ever need anything....we're here for you!
Looking forward to meeting you and your family out on the river someday soon!!!
God Bless ~RiverKitty :D

RiverKitty
10-15-2003, 12:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414teethSmilie.gif
[ October 15, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: RiverKitty ]

missboatnam1
10-15-2003, 04:26 PM
great to see ya back eric!! take it slow, and im sure everything will turn out ok!! you seem to already went thru the tuffest part!! wink