PDA

View Full Version : Castaic or Pyramid Sunday 5/18??

HOOTER SLED-
05-13-2003, 10:39 AM
First trip out this season. Finally finished the work on the boat. Couple minor things left to do before then. Just in time for Memorial next weekend in Laughlin. Still deciding where to go Sunday. Anyone else heading to either lake on Sunday?? What a treat to myself, it's my B-day on Sunday too. My buddy who has a boat also has to work. My other friends usually puss out (you think if someone invited you to go out on a boat, kick it, drink some coldies, relax, and listen to some loud music would want to go huh??). Go figure

JetBoatRich
05-13-2003, 11:29 AM
How about joining this group:
May 18 (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001312)

eliminatedsprinter
05-13-2003, 12:09 PM
There is a slim chance I might be able to get up to castiac. Right now my tow vehicle is in the shop getting some big bucks work and I'm trying to get things together for lake Isabella on M-day. The boat still has a few bugs and I'd love to get one more chance to check it out before the trip. But I may have to save my dough and do some other crap to get ready. I'll know more later in the week.

HOOTER SLED-
05-13-2003, 12:14 PM
JetBoatRich:
How about joining this group:
May 18 (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001312) Thanks for the invite. B.V. is a little further than I want to go for a day trip. I'm in Torrance. My buddy has been bugging me to get up there. I may get out there for a trip this year. Thanks again. See ya
HOOTER

HOOTER SLED-
05-13-2003, 12:16 PM
eliminatedsprinter:
There is a slim chance I might be able to get up to castiac. Right now my tow vehicle is in the shop getting some big bucks work and I'm trying to get things together for lake Isabella on M-day. The boat still has a few bugs and I'd love to get one more chance to check it out before the trip. But I may have to save my dough and do some other crap to get ready. I'll know more later in the week. Cool, good luck. Keep us posted if you're gonna be on the lake. Later

JetBoatRich
05-13-2003, 12:50 PM
eliminatedsprinter:
I'm trying to get things together for lake Isabella on M-day. Have you been to Isabella this year, I was wondering how the water level is.

eliminatedsprinter
05-13-2003, 04:02 PM
The mechanic that runs the shop that is currently repairing my RV owns property there. He says the lake is up from last year. Not a lot, but a definite improvement.

H2on22
05-13-2003, 04:10 PM
I will definetly be at Castaic w/ 2 other boats lookin to stir up some fun. Look for us out there. I think Kilrtoy will be there as well. Just don't blink cause you might miss me going past you at full speed (35 mph :rolleyes: ) Hell, lets save the entry fee and just sit in the parking lot of Ralph's and drink some cold ones. At least it would be legal there. :o

Free Agent
05-13-2003, 04:24 PM
We usually hit Castaic Friday afternoon, or Sunday afternoon. If it's warm.
Tow the girls for a spell then relax and float at the far Northwest (Ski) finger, and crank up the Sat radio.
Then it's to Chuy's (off Lyons Ave) for a few 5 star Margarita pitchers. Plenty of boat parking directly on the street.
"Those Who Say Money Can't Buy Happiness Never Had Either One".
[ May 14, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Free Agent ]

Kilrtoy
05-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Were shooting for Sunday, lets see if the weather can hold

JetBoatRich
05-13-2003, 05:26 PM
eliminatedsprinter:
The mechanic that runs the shop that is currently repairing my RV owns property there. He says the lake is up from last year. Not a lot, but a definite improvement. Good news, we camp at Tillie Creek. Missed last year because of the water level.

HOOTER SLED-
05-14-2003, 07:07 AM
Bump diddy bump. Sunday may be a go. I'm going out regardless, Gotta get my boat on the water before Memorial to make sure everythings cool.
H2o & Kilrtoy, I'll look for you guys. I'm usually in the back cove. I'll be in a blue & white 21' open bow jet (may have the kids, may not)
HOOTER

wetandwild
05-14-2003, 12:41 PM
Castaic lake sounds cool for sunday run.

voodooCanoe
05-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Hooter Sled, I'll go! Hell, Boatin' and cold ones. Shit I'll even pay for fuel. Just swing up to Portland and pick me up on the way to the lake.
:D

HOOTER SLED-
05-15-2003, 08:44 AM
voodooCanoe:
Hooter Sled, I'll go! Hell, Boatin' and cold ones. Shit I'll even pay for fuel. Just swing up to Portland and pick me up on the way to the lake.
:D I'll leave right now. :D :D :D :D

H2on22
05-15-2003, 10:06 AM
BOYS, BOYS, BOYS...listen up 'cause the weather looks good and Sunday it is. I'll be at the back cove with at at least one other boat. Haven't been to Castaic in a while. Do I still have to be there before 10ish to make sure I'm not in that line?

eliminatedsprinter
05-15-2003, 12:19 PM
I'm still trying to get my rig ready for M-day. If I can get it together by sat pm I'll be there.
P.S. I was there 4/27 and there was no line. But, now that things are warming up a little, who knows?
[ May 15, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

eliminatedsprinter
05-15-2003, 12:46 PM
JetBoatRich:
eliminatedsprinter:
The mechanic that runs the shop that is currently repairing my RV owns property there. He says the lake is up from last year. Not a lot, but a definite improvement. Good news, we camp at Tillie Creek. Missed last year because of the water level. JetB
I tried to respond to your message, but my reply wouldn't send (it said your mailbox was full) We are leaving thurs night and plan to stay at Paridise cove. We don't have reservations, but it is my understandig that they don't take them for the spots by the lake.

HOOTER SLED-
05-15-2003, 01:56 PM
H2on22:
BOYS, BOYS, BOYS...listen up 'cause the weather looks good and Sunday it is. I'll be at the back cove with at at least one other boat. Haven't been to Castaic in a while. Do I still have to be there before 10ish to make sure I'm not in that line? I think I waited in line only once last year. But that wasn't this early in the season. I'm sure if it were in the 90's it would be a different story. Kilrtoy, have you been there lately? How's the water? The levels and the temp.

HOOTER SLED-
05-16-2003, 06:33 AM
BUMP

eliminatedsprinter
05-16-2003, 03:45 PM
I doesn't look good for me on sun. cry I still have some things to do on the RV for M-day. But I haven't given up yet so I'll look for you if I get there.
P.S. If I'm there, I'll be in an orange, yellow, and red etc.. 19 ft Eliminator simi-vee OB.
[ May 16, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

WILD LAVEY
05-16-2003, 10:43 PM
i should be there around 9ish. flag me down if ya see me out there.
jmaddog, if your lurking send me a pm
[ May 16, 2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: WILD LAVEY ]