PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a gardener?

Mandelon
05-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Do you have a gardener? Mr. Lee? Mr. Gonzalez?
Wife wants me to hire a lawn guy. I like the exercise, but wouldn't mind the free time on the weekends, :cool: not to mention my allergies....then again at $75 a month, that's almost $1000 a year.. :mad: .I hate payin someone to do simple stuff I can do myself...
What about you? :confused:

comin' unscrewed
05-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Mandelon:
Do you have a gardener? Mr. Lee? Mr. Gonzalez?I got the next best thing. A fifteen year old son.

Dribble
05-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Had to hire one when I broke my leg in Jan. I think I'll keep him on after I'm better.
[ May 25, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Dribble ]

Forkin' Crazy
05-25-2003, 11:14 AM
comin' unscrewed:
Mandelon:
Do you have a gardener? Mr. Lee? Mr. Gonzalez?I got the next best thing. A fifteen year old son. :D That's what my dad did with me. I have a guy that is on salary. He mows the yard w/o even being asked. I am lucky, because good help is hard to find. My Mom has a gardener. It cost her $85 every two to three weeks. I always figured if my business went tits up, I could always mow yards. :)

TOBTEK
05-25-2003, 11:17 AM
I've hired a bunch of them in the past. They seem to allways do a great job for about a month, then they are in a out in 30 mins and looks shaby. The new TRACK homes yard is as big as a postal stamp so now it take all of a hour to buff it out every few weeks....the only good thing about a track home :D and wifie now call me hose-b, not hose-a :D :D

jm2drvr
05-25-2003, 12:12 PM
hose-b, that was a good one tob!

mtndewdrops
05-25-2003, 12:25 PM
I pay my lawn guy $75 a month which includes fertilizing the lawn. He does a good job except that it seems I get more weeds in my lawn now. eek! Maybe it is because he uses the same mower to do lots of yards that may be infested with weeds. :mad:
If you do your own lawn you need one of these:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/550Jacuzzi_Anyone.jpg
[ May 25, 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: mtndewdrops ]

NashvilleBound
05-25-2003, 06:08 PM
I have two. One services the property once a week the other does all the planting and irrigation. If your in North County I can hook you up. Oh, and their both white :D :D

clownpuncher
05-25-2003, 11:21 PM
Do it!!. I pay quite a bit per month and wouldn't jhave it any other way. They (3 of them) spend about two hours per week a nd the place is always dialed in. If you can afford it, do it

atomrotten
05-26-2003, 02:34 AM
Best money spent a month!!! One less thing my girl can complain about! andmoe time for FUN!!
Later Atom RoTTeN

JetBoatRich
05-26-2003, 06:34 AM
$60 per month includes trimmings and fertilizer, gives me more time on the weekend. They just don't touch anything on the patio or the pond.
The last guy I hired was just suppose to be Temp. now that summer is here, I hate mowing the lawn in 100+ temps so he can do it. :D

Havasu Hangin'
05-26-2003, 06:38 AM
$50/month for me, including weeds.
The way I look at it, it would take me about 1 1/2 hours per week, or about 6 1/2 hours per month (average). So I would be paying myself about $7/hour afer expenses (fuel, beer).
$7/hour isn't worth my precious weekend time.

JetBoatRich
05-26-2003, 06:42 AM
HH, I agree when you break it down to the hourly rate it is no good :confused: Since I am on salary it really won't work out.

hot_diggity_dog
05-26-2003, 07:36 AM
Do you have a gardener? Mr. Lee? Mr. Gonzalez?
Wife wants me to hire a lawn guy. I like the exercise, but wouldn't mind the free time on the weekends, not to mention my allergies....then again at $75 a month, that's almost $1000 a year.. .I hate payin someone to do simple stuff I can do myself...
What about you?
I have a guy I use on the weekends for $9.00hr that can do it all. :D
I'm the head gardner right now and I think I might get fired or have my hours cut back. eek!
Mandelon I'm thinking the same thing, spend the cash and increase my free time. wink
I think it will be worth the money. I have (2) acres to deal with. eek!
HDD :cool:

Mod VP
05-26-2003, 09:45 AM
A gardener was the best $50.00 per month my wife ever spent,"without discussing it with me".
argue

Mandelon
05-26-2003, 03:27 PM
OK. I am sold. I will call Mr. Lee. Thanks. :D :D

NastyOne
05-27-2003, 12:12 PM
atomrotten:
Best money spent a month!!! One less thing my girl can complain about! andmoe time for FUN!!
Later Atom RoTTeN WOW does your F***kin avator have to be so big?
I think u should stick to the sano boards. It gets pretty rough over here.