PDA

View Full Version : "The Italian Job"

Mandelon
06-29-2003, 08:02 AM
"Hey Honey," my wife says...."let's go see a movie"...Alright, I think, cool. We haven't done this in a while due to the kids. As I have said before my son is diabetic and we don't feel safe leaving him with any 14 year old babysitter. Our kids are 8 (girl) and 9 (son). So we don't get out alone too often.
We have some friends with two little kids, 2 and 3, I think. Nicest peeps. So the wives decide to trade off, we watch their kids, they watch out kids. She is diabetic too, so she knows what's what with that. Anyway. they come over, swim in the pool and chat for a while. We give em our cell # and lay $40 on the counter for pizza.
So I remember this deal, dinner and a movie....been a while, but this seems familiar. We go to Miguel's in Point Loma. Good Mexican food, decent bar. Carnitas for me, Lobster burrito for the wife. I'd recommend it to anyone. Midori margaritas, cuz we are living it up, right. Bill comes, $40.00 with tip, for food and drinks. Not bad, I'm thinking. Sushi dinner is usually double that with the kids along.
Wife brought the paper, so we are trying to find a movie to see. Matrix, Dumberer, Charlie's Angels....so we settle on "The Italian Job" since a friend recommended it. We leave Miguel's and head to the theater. Bought our tickets....$9.50 each. Wow, I thought movies were like $6.00, but whatever. Shoots a hell of a big hole in a $20.00 The flick doesn't start for 40 minutes so we go get a couple of beers around the corner....there goes another $8.00.
At least parking was free!
Movie was about a gold heist and the gang that did it. Lots of action, I give it two thumbs up. Anyhow we get home a little after 10:00. Thank our friends and help them get loaded up to go home.
As we are cleaning up I notice the $3.00 left on the counter....damn expensive pizza I guess. My wife notices the Oxyclean container out...hmmm???? Bed time...."sorry honey, I am too full" Yeah, I know, figgered as much. :( Oh well.
Morning time...head over to the couch to sit down to read the Sunday paper....Oh, That's why the Oxy clean was out.....Their little guy wanted to decorate our couch with a crayon. That's so pretty. :rolleyes: I am talking about the back side of the couch. Right in the middle.....It is not against the wall, it shows nice and big between the dinette table and the Family room area...Add on recovering back side of couch.....$400.
Dinner $40
Pizza $37
Drinks $8
Movies $19
Couch $400
Total: $504.00
From now on our couch will be know as The Italian Job. What can ya do???? :confused: Be careful of Oxyclean, I guess it can take the color right out of some fabrics.....

HOSS
06-29-2003, 08:16 AM
I sit home and drink beer. Wife bitches but she`s gonna do that anyway. At least I get about 4 hours of relief.
Did you have fun? If so thats all that counts. We are only on this rock once. :D

Floored
06-29-2003, 08:27 AM
how about a black velvet Elvis painting sewn to back of couch $24.95 at swap meet?

fat rat
06-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Floored:
how about a black velvet Elvis painting sewn to back of couch $24.95 at swap meet? Find a used one at a yard sale.....$2.00. :D

victorfb
06-29-2003, 09:07 AM
damn punk kids, learning to be taggers allready at that age...
i say you get him back and have him finish the mural on the backside of the couch. see if he can add your boat in there somewere. hehehe

SCUBA STEVE
06-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Next time take your kids to their house. :confused:
The thing that really gets me is the price of movie tickets. Every year they go up .25-.75
Depending on where you go.
Sounds like you had fun though. Sorry to hear about your couch. frown

victorfb
06-29-2003, 09:27 AM
yea, sorry about the couch, but even more sorry to hear she was full. big bummer...

Mandelon
06-29-2003, 09:36 AM
And don't forget the price of popcorn too Scuba. $4.00 or $5.00 for 35 cents worth of popcorn.....So that Matt Damon and Julia Roberts can make $20,000,000 a picture???? Forget It!! :mad:
Would've been cheaper to go the river for the weekend! Even with gas and a room..... :rolleyes:
Next time stay home and rent a flick I guess. Oh well. Now my tan couch has blond highlights.... smile_sp
[ June 29, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Did your friends forget to tell you what their precious angel did to your couch? You are really a better person than I if you didn't ask them about it. I understand that accidents happen. I also believe in paying for it when it's your fault. Did they not even offer?

WetWillie
06-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Yea! What was ever said by the supposed responsible adults?? This little incident just happen to slip there minds????? Did you call today to ask what happened! I would have gone fricking nuts!!
WW :confused:
I would have done an Italian Job on them!
[ June 29, 2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

Mandelon
06-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Didn't say anything yet...my kids told me what happened. Their little guy found a pen on the table and went straight for the couch. :( I will probably just let it go. I paid a lot for the couches, all made custom. They don't have a lot of dough.......The cat has already done a litte damage to the corner.....my kids will eventually ruin them anyway.... :rolleyes: