PDA

View Full Version : How close have you come to death?

HighRoller
08-13-2003, 11:15 PM
I was listening to Bill O'Reailly talk about his near-death experiences and thought it would make a good topic.Here's mine...
I worked in the oil fields outside Bakersfield when I was 20 or so.We rode out in a POS Dodge van every morning to the yard in Lost Hills.Well,the new guy who got picked to drive the van was a nut.He would drive at least 90MPH at all times,scaring the shyt out of the other 10 people in this van who were waiting for us to crash and die.Finally we had enough and ratted him out.They told him someone else was going to drive from now on and he got pissed.He wouldn't even ride in the van,rode his motorcycle all the way to the yard after that.Well,one morning we're warming up all our trucks and getting our assignments for the day when I notice this dude has parked his bike really close to the yard and left it running.I thought nothing of it,figured he had decided to quit and just showed up to tell the boss.About that time an ARCO rep pulls up in a car and tells us all to shut off our trucks and proceed in our van to the headquarters.We do as we are told,not knowing what's up.Well,they have every oilfield employee out there lined up for a complete search including personal effects and vehicles.While we were in line they went through all of our work trucks completely.Turns out they had passed a new policy completely banning alcohol,drugs and weapons on ARCO property.Anyone found with so much as an empty beer can would be fired.Well,I glance over as the motorcycle dude is being searched and see the officer holding a gun.Holy Crap!The guy must have done something serious for that officer to pull his gun.WRONG!!It was motorcycle boy's gun,a 9MM automatic fully loaded with a bullet in the pipe ready to go.They also found three ammo clips and a knife in his backpack.This dude was geared up to take us all out for telling on him!!!I had to physically restrain myself from vomiting right there as I realized how close I came to being murdered by some wacko.I also dropped to my knees and thanked the Lord for saving me......

jet496
08-13-2003, 11:33 PM
...Shotgun held to my head while beating the shit out of the guys brother. My buddy watching pisssed his pants. I was too young & dumb to care...Lots of bad drugs at a very young age might have actually come closer to killing me.

Ziggy
08-13-2003, 11:48 PM
this one time at band camp.....J/K
Actually, a fearful time of my life was as a fairly young kid hanging with his dad at work late at night during summer. Being the bored little kid I was, thought it would be helpful to rearrange the bottles(yes bottles) in the coke machine so all the labels were aligned for proper reading. Behind me just a few feet at an open door I suddenly hear someone say, "Put your hands up". It was a ****ing cop with his gun drawn pointed directly at this poor 10 yr old....ME!!!! I nearly crapped and froze cry ...He repeats his command, "Put your hands up" a little more sternly. About that time Pops comes to my rescue and saves his little boy...ME!! :cool:
Another time nearly struck by lightning---but that's a whole other story :D
[ August 14, 2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

LaveyJet
08-14-2003, 12:02 AM
OK here goes, this still brings back bad thoughts. July 24, 1998 Launched at telephone cove on lake Mohave about 9 in the morning. Had a little Vassar ski boat with a 90 horse outboard. Cruised across the lake to the Nevada side. Found a spot in the cove and stopped to set stuff up. Anchored the boat off the bow and I was standing in waist deep water. This was an old boat and didn’t have a power tilt, had to lift the motor to keep it off the bottom. To release the motor to tilt, you had to move the throttle all the way forward to the full throttle position. I do this and I’m about to move to the back of the boat but I notice some water in the boat. I turn on the bilge pump which was wired through the accessories. I’m standing in the water next to the boat, reach over and turn the key. This is just to the accessory position, the starter never turns but all of a sudden the motor starts and its set at full throttle. Boat jumps up, spins around on the anchor rope and gets me in the right leg mid thigh. Cut the through the bone and just missed my femoral artery or you wouldn’t be reading this. Didn’t know if I’d make it at the time. Fortunately there were some good people on hand and I got proper first aid but I still lost a lot of blood. I was air lifted to Las Vegas and found out only later it has one the countries best trauma centers. Surgery took four hours and 6 units of blood. Thought I’d lose my leg, but after 2 months in the hospital, a dozen surgeries, 8 months of wearing an external fixator, and a couple of skin grafts, I’m still a Bi-Ped. Still love the river, but now I have a jet wink

HighRoller
08-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Second,you should have entered the"best reason not to have a prop"contest.You would have robbed Froggy of his mag bronze impeller.Okay,one more not so scary one...
My dad and I were cruising around in the old Tahiti jetboat at Naci when all the sudden I smell gas.Not just a whiff,a LOT of gas.I tell him to shut it down and sure enough there is at least an inch of gas in the bilge leaking from the fuel filter.Well,turns out my Dad,being cheap ass deluxe,bought a filter from the parts house that was on sale.It had the regular inlet and outlet plus an outlet for the return line(which meant it was meant for fuel injection applications)and he duct taped over the third line.Well,as we all know gas will eat the adhesive on Duct tape and we almost got blown up.I cussed him out long and hard for that episode....

FMluvswater
08-14-2003, 12:30 AM
I had to have heart paddles used on me to revive me.
automatic transmission
[ August 14, 2003, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: FMluvswaterbabe ]

h2oski2fast
08-14-2003, 12:33 AM
I had some REAL bad times I went through. I'm a true advocate of firearms. One day, And I'm very glad I'm past these days, I took a 44 Desert Eagle and with no one around put 1 round in the cylinder, and spun the barrel. Being the cocky little selfish prick I was I spun the barrel, put the firearm to my head and pulled the trigger. Click, nothing happened, I started to laugh.............Until I realized, for what ever reason, the gun misfired! To this day I still thank the almighty for me still being here!
True story.

BIGAMIST
08-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Very close a number of times,I'm workin on life #8.The most recent May 23rd 2000 I was riding my motorcycle North bound 405 in the slow lane doin 60-65mph about 2:00am in the morning.Had some ass-hole drunk attorney with no insurance hit me from behind doin over a 100mph.Broke my back broke a bunch of teeth fractured just about every bone in my body road rash from head to toe recieved advanced life support for about 20 minutes.Still payin for it today & didn't get shit from him.

Outnumbered
08-14-2003, 01:02 AM
This is a long story but its pretty insane. Here is the condensed version:
Twenty years old drinkin in Black Angus bar 10 fwy in Montclair,CA. Last call, leave bar riding shotgun in my buddies 87 Fiero GT. Pull up to stop light. Get boxed in by bangers. Bangers walk up to car with loaded .22 revolver on my side of car. Puts gun to my head and orders us to give up wallets. eek! (Slow motion starts:)My psycho buddy dumps the clutch at 6,000 RPM, banger rips off 6 shots into my side of the car. All 6 shots hit the car. Miraculously he manages to launch the car out from between the other cars into the intersection without getting shot or hitting the car in front of us. Bangers jump into their car and haul ass onto the 10 freeway toward LA. My psycho buddy starts chasing them because he is pissed they shot the shit out of his car. I'm still in slow motion shock frame of mind. My buddy has a cell phone, dial 911, were chasing bangers at 110mph toward LA. 911 tells us to stop chasing. Psycho buddy keeps driving. Cops start poping up everywhere. Helicopter. Finally cops block us/slow us down. Bangers crash in Montebello. Get caught with .22 revolver and brand new Celica GTS that's GTA. We get out of car for the first time and see the bullet holes. Three missed my head by less than 6 inches. One went in my open window, bounced off the inside of the roof, and was lodged in my seat behind my head. jawdrop
Man I have not told that story in a while. I'm shaking right now just typing this.
The funny thing was that the cops were so into the chase that they didn't even check us for DUI. I don't know if my buddy was drunk but we were both under age with fake IDs. Damn, crazy night. Gotta love the 909 :D .
Its good to be alive. :)
OL

victorfb
08-14-2003, 01:04 AM
well i cant even start to tell all the close calls. but if its a near death you want, here goes. jumping my bike in glamis and crashed hard. broke my back and a bunch of ribs, and punctured my lung. i guess they didnt realize the punctured lung as i stopped breathing in the hospital. luckily a nurse came in and shouted out "this guys not breathing". i was paralized from the accident, but i am still breathing. now lets go to the river! :D

Rod-64
08-14-2003, 03:46 AM
Well aside from being zapped countless times by buffing macines while standing in water stripping floors, I almost blew my head off at around 11 or 12. I....being a HUGE Kiss fan, got me a mouth full of gas and well.....let's just say Gene woulda been proud. :D :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 03:48 AM
riodog:
It'svery seldom that I do this BUT this time it is warrented.
H20SKI2FAST, YOU are a LIAR ! YOU may be an advocate of firearms but IF you had one you'd be dangerous because you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground! You declare at the bottom of your post "true story". WRONG !
You can't put a 'round in the cylinder' of a 44 Desert Eagle BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE A CYLINDER ! It's a semi-auto! YOU also can't spin the barrel of a 44 Desert Eagle cuz being a semi-auto the barrel doesn't spin! And for that matter, the barrel in a revolver doesn't spin either ! There is not one thing in your post that is the truth so from here on out your screen name will be LIAR ! Just to get a little bit of attention, you have now let everyone on the boards know just how ****ing ignorant you really are ! God your type makes me sick. Did your momma have any kids that lived ? I hope not cuz we surely don't need any more ignorance in this world! If you'd like to try again, I happen to have one that won't misfire and I'll even furnish the 'round' for you! Yeah, you'd better thank the good lord your still around cuz with your IQ you need a keeper. Trust me, he didn't do the rest of the world a favor by keeping you around, I damn sure hope you don't have any kids !
Now, tell us some really "true boating" stories --on second thought I hope and pray that you don't really have a boat! Just go away!
Riodog burningm I thought desert eagles were .50 cal also??
Omega

Boozer
08-14-2003, 05:10 AM
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
riodog:
It'svery seldom that I do this BUT this time it is warrented.
H20SKI2FAST, YOU are a LIAR ! YOU may be an advocate of firearms but IF you had one you'd be dangerous because you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground! You declare at the bottom of your post "true story". WRONG !
You can't put a 'round in the cylinder' of a 44 Desert Eagle BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE A CYLINDER ! It's a semi-auto! YOU also can't spin the barrel of a 44 Desert Eagle cuz being a semi-auto the barrel doesn't spin! And for that matter, the barrel in a revolver doesn't spin either ! There is not one thing in your post that is the truth so from here on out your screen name will be LIAR ! Just to get a little bit of attention, you have now let everyone on the boards know just how ****ing ignorant you really are ! God your type makes me sick. Did your momma have any kids that lived ? I hope not cuz we surely don't need any more ignorance in this world! If you'd like to try again, I happen to have one that won't misfire and I'll even furnish the 'round' for you! Yeah, you'd better thank the good lord your still around cuz with your IQ you need a keeper. Trust me, he didn't do the rest of the world a favor by keeping you around, I damn sure hope you don't have any kids !
Now, tell us some really "true boating" stories --on second thought I hope and pray that you don't really have a boat! Just go away!
Riodog burningm I thought desert eagles were .50 cal also??
Omega They have a .44 .50 and I think it's a .40. One of the newer model semi's actually comes with 3 barrels. I know that 2 of them are .44 and .50 and I think the other barrel is .40. I have never had the chance to fire one off but I hear they have got some serious kick due to lack of recoil buffering.

HOSS
08-14-2003, 05:24 AM
85% burned. 2nd degree/borderline 3rd. painfull shit.

Boozer
08-14-2003, 05:33 AM
I have done a lot of stupid shit that I shouldn't have and it has resulted in near death experiences most of which has been alcohol induced. However, I did have one brush with death that was in no way my fault whatsoever.
October 6,2000 I flew to California to surprise my brother for his 18th Birthday. Got on the plane at like 6am and was supposed to be in LA at 9. Tired from the previous night and lack of sleep I decided to go to sleep on the plane. Woke up about an hour into the flight and no more then 5 minutes after waking up the oxygen masks dropped. The flight attendants were like "Don't worry it's just a malfunction this type of thing happens often don't worry." While this was happening I got light headed and decided to put it on anyways the captain came on shortly after and said it wasnt a malfunction and that we needed to put on our masks. At this point you could smell smoke and knew something was wrong. The plane was diving and turning in ways you would NEVER imagine a commercial airliner would do. The main flight attendant got on the radio and announced that we were going to make an unscheduled landing in Las Vegas and looking out my windows I could tell that we were coming down fast and Las Vegas was not covered in trees and mountains the last time I had remembered. I also noticed the plane dumping all its fuel out through the wings. At this point I was certain we were going to crash into the side of a mountain and they just didnt want to panic us.
Plane touched down in Bryce canyon Utah with about 15 yards of runway left. Turned out one of the engines failed, cabin depressurized and there was some kind of fire in the cockpit. When the pilots tried starting the plane to get it off the runway the other engine wouldn't fire. American Airlines offered to charter buses and get everyone to Vegas and then put them on a plane there to continue the journey. I couldn't bare the thought of getting on another plane and rented a car with some guy and we drove the rest of the way. I wish I had camera for that drive Bryce Canyon in October is one of the most beautiful things you can ever possibly imagine seeing.
Up until that happened I use to fly back and forth to L.A. monthly sometimes twice a month. I have only flown 1 time since that incident happened.
[ August 14, 2003, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

Ntwotrance
08-14-2003, 05:55 AM
Like most others here, I've had quite a few...the one that always stops me in my tracks, the time I was overseas and banging this guys 18yo daughter (he was the CO of a squadron in Kadena). he came home early and found me and his princess doing the carpet olympics. I grabbed my clothes and started running like the end of the world was coming (and it was..). I got part of the way down the street (partially clothed now) and hear tires spinning down towards their house...yep, he had jumped into his car and had every intention of turning me into road kill....well, he got close a few times, but luckily for me the MPs showed up...

ACCEPTENCE
08-14-2003, 05:58 AM
Probably not as close as some but to close for me:
Boat crash, Lake Ming, Bakersfield, Ca. April 1996
What a mess!!! eek!
Still here and thankful for the blessings.

LeE ss13
08-14-2003, 06:03 AM
September 1995
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308Broken_DCucci-med.jpg
Enough said!

Seadog
08-14-2003, 06:08 AM
Nothing very dramatic here. Second day in-country Nam and went through a mortar attack because the base had become complacent. Guy I was talking to a minute before was decapitated. He was on his way home to see his new kid.
Two months later, in the EM club at Nha Trang, I was tossing a few, Papa San picking up the trash right outside the door suddenly disappeared in a big bang (mortar).
Ambushed on a routine patrol on Hon Tre.
Korea: Taking a friend back to Suwon air base after hours, got shot at by trigger happy local cops. Bullets missed us by less than 6 inches.
Cave exploring in S. Arizona. Had to swing from a outcropping from one cave to the other. The guy in front of me slipped and started to slide over the ledge. I caught him, but almost got taken down myself. The hard part was making the swing over after that.
Even tho, I had some interesting days, I doubt I overall I had too many risks in my life. The worse injury I have received, other than a few broken bones, was a slice taken out of my leg in a bar fight and its completely healed now.
[ August 14, 2003, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Laveyman
08-14-2003, 06:18 AM
In 1992 I was diagnosed with Stage 4A Hodgkins Disease and given a 20% chance of beating it. It wasn't easy, but I'm still here. :cool:

XTRM22
08-14-2003, 06:26 AM
Laveyman:
In 1992 I was diagnosed with Stage 4A Hodgkins Disease and given a 20% chance of beating it. It wasn't easy, but I'm still here. :cool: Then there was the time you thought about posting your girlfriends picture on the ***boat forum, that would have been sure 100% no chance for survival! :p Not makin light of your battle Jimbo, I for one am damn glad you fought and beat it, now when are you coming back to the river!
Chuck

Dribble
08-14-2003, 06:44 AM
I've had a few, but Mrs Dribble had a scary one last summer. We went white water rafting on the American River. A company charity event for the Boys and Girls Club. We ran several rapids and got to one called Satans Cesspool. The raft spun real hard and she came out. They had us wearing vests that would float an engine block and she came up under the raft. I was in the front paddling and didn't even know she was gone until I heard someone yell "where the hell is she". She was pinned underneath the raft for over a minute, struggling to get out. Just as she was about to pass out the guide found her foot and pulled her out.
Funny thing is we found rafting not be all that thrilling compared to performance boating. I'm real glad she isn't afraid of the water after that.

Tom Brown
08-14-2003, 06:54 AM
Laveyman:
In 1992 I was diagnosed with Stage 4A Hodgkins Disease and given a 20% chance of beating it. It wasn't easy, but I'm still here. :cool: Wow. That's a tough one. I'm really glad you made it, LM. It's an honor to hang with you. :)

Dribble
08-14-2003, 07:15 AM
I once ate a Monster Taco from Jack In The Box

Freak
08-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Working for a construction company in my early 20's. My boss tells me to get on the fork of a lull to cover the chimney on a 3 story town home. He lifts me up i guess 25ft. Well he needs to back up a little. When he does he backs over a plumbing pipe coming out of the ground with one tire which makes the whole machine rock to the left violently i slipped off the fork and just caught it with one hand. So im hanging up there. He bails out of the cab. It took some pleading to get him back in the cab to lower me down.
Cops think I'm a purse snatcher rapist in 7-11 parking lot. -not- gun to the back of my head
DEA breaks down a door of a dope peddler friend of mine. gun to the side of my head
My buddy tries to siphon gas out of a car with a shopvac and I’m stupid enough to help. - fire everywhere -
Riding dirt bikes on state property, Crazy f*** shoots at us. Bullets blowing chunks of trees off around me.
Deer hunters pissed about us riding 4-wheelers while they were trying to hunt. gun to my face
Fight turns into a small riot in down town dc. I got surrounded by guys with broken bottles. Some how i get under a car and they were trying to stab me. thank god the cops showed. Cut up - but not to bad.
Moral of the stories - dont have idiot buddies.
and I must say some of you guys have been in some serious shit.
[ August 14, 2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Freak ]

Waldo
08-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Sank in an 18' foot boat with a bunch of drunks aboard. It was Spring Break in 1998 just leaving Roadrunner. Too many people in our boat + bad weather + drunks = flipped over boat. The damn thing went over so fast it was incredible. We had to swim over to the CA shore and my wife is saying "I can't make it" because she was wearing a flannel and it was binding her all up, as well as, choking on a ton of water. I had to grab her and practically beat her ass just to keep her swimming. Let's just say everyone is a little more savy when it comes to boat occupancy/life vests/ and driking @ the river.
There was also the one time right after the Rodney King case that some Asain gang members pulled a gun at me because I was tailgating him. He was not even going the speed limit, hence the tailgating. I ran a red light to get the F outta there.

al cole'holic
08-14-2003, 08:14 AM
...great topic!
I got shot at with 6 rounds on Tampa and Parthenia, two of which hit my truck (anyone who knows the area needs no explanation :D ), smacked a guard rail at 80 mph with the face of my helmet in Black Canyon, rammed the front of a rig at full speed in a complete blackout throwing my passenger through the windshield, and more recently falling on my prop spilling my lung out into the channel :D I think there are some more....

Boozer
08-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Hearing all of this prop stuff I think I will be selling the I/O and getting a jet.

victorfb
08-14-2003, 08:51 AM
Glad you beat it Laveyman. :D

Ziggy
08-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Boozer:
Hearing all of this prop stuff I think I will be selling the I/O and getting a jet. I got one for ya :D

ratso
08-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Desert Eagle...357,41,44,50
No revolvers as of yet, also make mini Eagles.

h2oski2fast
08-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Damn straight thats a lie! You'd have to be out of your freakin mind to do something that stupid. Some people get sooooooo mad when you tell lies it's funny. Do I own firearms? Yes. Do I own a 44? No. The Desert Eagle infact is not a revolver. Sharp eye, Riodog.

topgun
08-14-2003, 11:27 AM
At about 15 we were giving people shit who were walking by a pizza place. Guys turns around and points a .38 at us slowly panning back and forth. At about 17 we were doing shrooms driving around in an old lemans. Car was packed with 2 in front and 3 in back. Someone says "I think its the cops" Braindead driver floors it on a back road. We are all yelling slow down when all of a sudden theres a curve, we hit frostheaves, the car goes out of control. I see stonewall, trees and the we flip at 100. we landed upside down headed the other direction. Miraculously, no injuries to anyone. I'll post a couple of my piloting stories later.
John H.

Outnumbered
08-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Just remembered another. The same psycho buddy I got car jacked with (Todd) just got this POS flattie with a 327 V-drive. Think it was a 72 hondo or something? Ran strong but it was a bucket of bolts. Drop it in the water with three guys in it for the test run. Problem was he wasn't much for doing safety checks. By the time we idle out of the no wake zone there is an Exxon Valdeez oil slick in the 4" of water sloshing around in the boat. No problem he says, its got auto bailers in the back. We'll just haul ass and the water will bail out. So he nails it, were hauling ass about 60-70 and the focking steering cable comes off the pully. eek! Suddenly a little water in the boat is the least of the worries 'cause the boat is skipping sideways across the water. eek! It gets a little blurry here but the boat skipped at least 3 times and finally dug into the water hard backwards. All I remember is seeing this massive wave come over the back of the boat and hear the sizzle of the engine and pipes getting drenched. Boat is going down fast but still upright. I think it had foam in the bow. We all jump out (don't know how we didn't get thrown). Todd then decided he's gonna save this boat and jumps back in and grabs a bucket he had in the boat and starts bailing while me and the other guy tie a rope to the front and start swimming for shore. We ended up saving the boat but I never rode in that POS again. :D
OL

oldphart
08-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Spent 70 in vietnam as a demo specialist combat engineer, had to sweep hwy one bout twice a week for most of a year. First 3 weeks you shit twinkies everytime theres a noise after that it got routine. we took a 5tn cargo, sandbagged the hell out of it and pulled a roller. You drove like hell and took turns. Just before I returned to the world we got a new CO who was upset about all the greased trucks and wanted us to clear manually after I left I heard the dumb sumbitch got fragged

diggler
08-15-2003, 07:00 AM
I think it was 1993, I was just about done with my parent's health insurance coverage. (college boy that i was at the time). Anyways, I had appendicitis and was told to go straight to the hospital by my family doctor. I get there and they wheel me straight into this special room. Now to add insult to injury, they had to give me a "barium" enema. (Radioactive water to trace while they x-rayed me in real time). Well, as my lower bowels fill up, it finally gets to the appendix and fills it up too.... TO THE POINT IT EXPLODED!!! I never felt pain like that before! Well, I passed out from the pain. I guess they wheeled me straight into surgery and got it out and cleaned me up inside. Closest i've been to death before.

WaterBox
08-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Got berried in a trench while laying pipe, the day befor my 19th birthday. We was shoring up the sides with timbers cause it kept sluffing off. Legs were tangeled in timbers, luckley I was standing upright. they got me dug half way out and it sluffed off again. YUP, up to my neck. I am very lucky.....

Laveyman
08-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Tom Brown:
Laveyman:
In 1992 I was diagnosed with Stage 4A Hodgkins Disease and given a 20% chance of beating it. It wasn't easy, but I'm still here. :cool: Wow. That's a tough one. I'm really glad you made it, LM. It's an honor to hang with you. :) Be careful using that "honor" word around me, you're gonna ruin my bad reputation! :D

Trailer Park Casanova
08-15-2003, 01:44 PM
KHE SHAN Viet Nam.
A RPG hit about 10 feet away but lucky for me I was standing behind some sand bags re fueling a 50 KW generator.
My hand and arms got burned and scared, and took a white hot chunk of magnesium schrapnel to the neck,, but otherwise OK.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939Picture_5-thumb.jpg

sorry dog
08-15-2003, 06:41 PM
I watched a guy huff black spray paint once. Does that count?

Trailer Park Casanova
08-15-2003, 09:18 PM
HighRoller:
I was listening to Bill O'Reailly talk about his near-death experiencesI like O'rileys story when he was on a airliner with Jimmy Dean, the Sausage/shit kickin music guy.
The Jet they were flying in went ape shit and into a 2 g's dive and ol' Jimmy came unglued,, really panic'd,, upset people that were remaining calm,,,
Had a roomate that insisted on leaving loaded guns around the house when I lived in Newport Beach.
He had a third world built 44 MAG automatic pistol, that he kept a round chambered in,,
The slightest bump made the gun discharge.
Another friend of mine walked in one day, picked up the gun & said: "whats this", it went off, the 44 mag bullet flew past my head within inches,,,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939Picture_5-thumb.jpg <-- the Casanova with his head still intact inspite of it all,,,