PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Boats????

HandsOn
10-06-2003, 09:41 AM
Looking at Cheetah boats, are they any good? I haven't heard much about them. Any info would be appreciated.

hot_diggity_dog
10-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Looking at Cheetah boats, are they any good? I haven't heard much about them. Any info would be appreciated.
Do a search on Cheetah, and after you read those threads, if you have any questions I would be happy to answer any ???? you might have :D
Thanks
HDD :cool:

dogbitn
10-06-2003, 11:26 AM
HandsOn:
Looking at Cheetah boats, are they any good? I haven't heard much about them. Any info would be appreciated. My 24' closed bow tunnel has been great no problems except normal maint. items.6.2 very good motor and cruising @60 mph argue :D

Raisin Wake
09-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi all,
Just found this site while researching Cheetah boats. I'm looking at getting a 21' Shadow. What are your opinions? It sounds like a lot of people like Cheetah's. How does the Shadow ride? What power package seems to work the best?
Thanks in advance.
Ron

FRENCHIE
09-16-2004, 05:06 PM
although i am pro SHOCKWAVE!!! i can say i have heard nothing but good stuff about em!! hit up Dicudmore...he has a 29' and ive boated with him...very impressed with it...and he has lots of info!! also try HDD!!! :D

OutCole'd
09-16-2004, 06:24 PM
I have yet to hear a bad thing about Cheetah. I think they are doing a great job.

nodigg
09-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Hot dang. things are changing for Cheetah on the boards! Bout time!
6 year Cheetah owner and happy. NO DOUBT/still!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Go Cheeeeeeeeta Bob !!!!
:clover:
Take this clover with you !!!!!!
CJG
:D

Second "PLACE"
09-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Heard nothin' but good stuff about CHEETAH

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Heard nothin' but good stuff about CHEETAH
What ??? Is this your first day here ???
Oh...Sorry it REALLY is !!!!!
Well.....Cheeta isn't a BAD boat, it's an inexpensive boat.
Not many production builders will sell you a decent size boat for $40K.
Like most of us here, we'd like a bigger, better & faster boat, but it gets expensive as you go up the line.
You don't buy a Cheeta because you really want to, it's because you get a decent boat for a really good price.
I'd like a 32' Skater, but it's goin to take a few years......
My .02.....
CJG
:cool:

BarryMac
09-17-2004, 05:51 AM
Well.....Cheeta isn't a BAD boat, it's an inexpensive boat.
Not many production builders will sell you a decent size boat for $40K.
CJG
I talked with Bob while looking for a boat and one of the reasons that they can keep their prices down is because they don't spend a ton of dough on advertising, most of his sales are done through word of mouth and repeat buyers. He builds a good strong boat that you would be happy with, my next bigger boat will probably be a Cheetah something similar to this... http://www.cheetahboatmfg.com/24_deck2.print.jpg
gjb

Roxysnow
09-17-2004, 06:56 AM
We looked at Cheetah before purchasing our boat earlier this year. They have nice boats. I think the only downside was the interior fabric. It was pulled tight enough over the seats. But the overall structure and and quality was great. We ended up getting a Sleekcraft but I think their boats stay low in cost is because of there low overhead. It's like driving to South Central LA. Nice boats and nice guys to work with!

shadow
09-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Like FRENCHIE said talk to Dicudmore or Hot diggity dog.Both are Cheetah owners and both have good reputations around these parts.

dicudmore
09-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Like FRENCHIE said talk to Dicudmore or Hot diggity dog.Both are Cheetah owners and both have good reputations around these parts.
why thank you sir :)
Feel free to contact me w/any question.
We love our Cheetah. I'd buy another one w/no hesitation.
Not the flashiest, not the sleekest.
Hell of a boat for the $$$.
Obviously I don't know what model you're interested in, but we could not be happier w/our 29.
Cheetah builds about 9 boats a month and does almost ZERO advertising, that says something for them. I believe right now they have enough orders that its about 6 months on most hulls, longer on the CX29

dicudmore
09-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi all,
Just found this site while researching Cheetah boats. I'm looking at getting a 21' Shadow. What are your opinions? It sounds like a lot of people like Cheetah's. How does the Shadow ride? What power package seems to work the best?
Thanks in advance.
Ron
that probably depends where you plan to run it and what type of boating you do....
I personally would not want that hull for big water (aka Lake Mead, Havasu, Pacific ocean) but a small lake boat where the conditions are not out of control probably a very nice boat.
6.2 w/Bravo 1 would prob be a nice package.
He'll build the 21' w/a jet but obviously need at least a 502 that way.

FRENCHIE
09-17-2004, 08:46 AM
that probably depends where you plan to run it and what type of boating you do....
I personally would not want that hull for big water (aka Lake Mead, Havasu, Pacific ocean) but a small lake boat where the conditions are not out of control probably a very nice boat.
6.2 w/Bravo 1 would prob be a nice package.
He'll build the 21' w/a jet but obviously need at least a 502 that way.
ahh....super Cheetah rep to the rescue!!! glad ya showed up!! :D

Ducatista
09-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Happy Cheetah owner here, 1999 29CX open cudy. Good way to go IMO, & didn't break my bank. It has alot of use and has held up real well. Good luck. :shift:

dicudmore
09-17-2004, 09:15 AM
ahh....super Cheetah rep to the rescue!!! glad ya showed up!! :D
Rumor has it that I've sold a couple boats for them :eek:

Stealth Marine
09-17-2004, 09:16 AM
You've got the inside track on Cheetahs here.
Cheetah Bob is my dad and I would be happy to shed light on any specific question you might have. There are several Cheetah owners on this board as well, and I am sure they will all jump in.
For the most part I handle all of the factory warrenty repairs and service issues. So I have a reasonably good handle on what makes a Cheetah tick.

throwerb
09-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Cheetah Bob is my dad and I would be happy to shed light on any specific question you might have. There are several Cheetah owners on this board as well, and I am sure they will all jump in.
For the most part I handle all of the factory warrenty repairs and service issues. So I have a reasonably good handle on what makes a Cheetah tick.
Any ball park idea what the fast cat 24 would go for with 496HO? Or fast cat 28 with 525EFI?

dicudmore
09-17-2004, 12:58 PM
I think 28 w/496HO approx 60k
24 less....

Ziggy
09-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Who is the guy that works there on Sundays? Kinda rough around the edges kinda guy. It was he who ended up turning us off so bad we didn't consider a Cheetah...sorry to say. :frown:
I think the boats are fine and know of a few with them who are happy.

sintax
09-17-2004, 01:18 PM
How about some decent detailed photos of the 23' Tunnel. Also mention to pops that a new website would not hurt the company at all. I'd be willing to build a bad ass site in exchange for a deal on a bad ass boat.
-Scott

dicudmore
09-17-2004, 01:56 PM
How about some decent detailed photos of the 23' Tunnel. Also mention to pops that a new website would not hurt the company at all. I'd be willing to build a bad ass site in exchange for a deal on a bad ass boat.
-Scott
He doesn't seem interested in a better web-site since he can't turn out any more boats than his current production. That being said, I know I'd like to see a nicer web-site too :cool:
Some guys here on the boards have the 23' tunnel....
Doghouse used to have one, he might have pics, along with sandbar Mike...
I just did a little digging and can't turn up any decent pics of one.

hot_diggity_dog
09-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Any ball park idea what the fast cat 24 would go for with 496HO? Or fast cat 28 with 525EFI?
All facts here on the 24 fast cat. :D
My first one ten years ago!!! :sleeping: Yes I was 10 years ahead of you Fockers who just learned about high performance deck boats. :hammer2:
second one out of the mold after Bob addes two small relief steps.
454 mag stock ran 65MPH
My new one with 638HP :D or around there, runs just about 80. :2purples: Stock Bravo I outdrives on both.
Now the 28' no clue. :confused:

throwerb
09-17-2004, 02:16 PM
How much did yours run with 600 plus HP and is that a motor they built or did you just buy the hull. How does it handle the chop, and last annoying question, ever wish you would have gotten the 28? You should get a real sweet deal on the next one after all the PR work you're doing.
All facts here on the 24 fast cat. :D
My first one ten years ago!!! :sleeping: Yes I was 10 years ahead of you Fockers who just learned about high performance deck boats. :hammer2:
second one out of the mold after Bob addes two small relief steps.
454 mag stock ran 65MPH
My new one with 638HP :D or around there, runs just about 80. :2purples: Stock Bravo I outdrives on both.
Now the 28' no clue. :confused:

hot_diggity_dog
09-17-2004, 02:25 PM
How much did yours run with 600 plus HP and is that a motor they built or did you just buy the hull. How does it handle the chop, and last annoying question, ever wish you would have gotten the 28? You should get a real sweet deal on the next one after all the PR work you're doing.
Bought it with a 350mag and a Bravo I then had them install my Motor. Runs sweet in the chop no problems.
I had the opportunity to buy the first one but passed. It is a lot heavier, has a 2' built in swim step. Larger rails and is longer in the Bow. It also has two deep steps on the bottom or the hull. Just wasn't my cup of tea. I like the 24'.

nodigg
09-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Bought it with a 350mag and a Bravo I then had them install my Motor. Runs sweet in the chop no problems.
I had the opportunity to buy the first one but passed. It is a lot heavier, has a 2' built in swim step. Larger rails and is longer in the Bow. It also has two deep steps on the bottom or the hull. Just wasn't my cup of tea. I like the 24'.
The 24 is for me too! You only get two feet of extra deck space on the 28 and a considerable drop in performance. BUT! It is a spacier cruiser!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865no_doubt_dam_run_at_rest_rear-med.jpg

SMFRiverRat
09-17-2004, 04:48 PM
We were lucky enough to use ours about 3-4 times a week this summer. Never had a problem and only good things to say about our 24.
Good luck! :messedup:

Raisin Wake
09-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your responses. I'll probably be looking for a used 21' or 23'. Does anybody want to part with their's? :) Thought I'd ask.....;)

Stealth Marine
09-20-2004, 10:53 AM
SORRY FOR THE DELAY.
Its the first time since April that we closed up shop on Friday and took off for the weekend!!
Current price for a 2005 delivery Cheetah ...
Fast Cat 24 with 496HO
$52,000.00
Fastcat 28 with HP525
$74,500.00

Stealth Marine
09-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Who is the guy that works there on Sundays? Kinda rough around the edges kinda guy. It was he who ended up turning us off so bad we didn't consider a Cheetah...sorry to say. :frown:
I think the boats are fine and know of a few with them who are happy.
Not really sure.
Do you mean here at Stealth On Sundays, or over at Cheetah on Sundays??

Stealth Marine
09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
-Scott
Sorry about Dad's WWW site.
But don't hold your breath for anything new and exciting.
At this point Cheetah is opperating at over 100% manufacturing capacity.
And so long as that is the case Dad will not invest any time or money into a new WWW site to generate more sales that he can not fill.
Once the new Stealth WWW site goes online, I might try and convince him to follow suit with what I am doing, and I suspect he will probably do so. But for the time being, what you see is what you get...

cheetah roger
09-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Everyday is a deal here at Cheetah Boats, We dont have the time to sit on the Computor as Stealth Marine, As far as 12 Months out on a 29 Cx and 5 to6 months out, How about 10 weeks out on a 29 Cx and 6 to 8 weeks on the others. Roger Martin Co Owner of Cheetah Boats

hot_diggity_dog
09-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Everyday is a deal here at Cheetah Boats, We dont have the time to sit on the Computor as Stealth Marine, As far as 12 Months out on a 29 Cx and 5 to6 months out, How about 10 weeks out on a 29 Cx and 6 to 8 weeks on the others. Roger Martin Co Owner of Cheetah Boats
Hey Roger welcome to the boards. You guy's still owe me for the last 15 referrals..
OK now that my gel is three years old you guy's can stop using it on all of the other boats. ;) :D :boxingguy
HDD Glenn :D

dicudmore
09-24-2004, 09:35 AM
welcome.... :D
and why is it that I don't know you yet? That doesn't seem proper
10 weeks on mine :cool:

DogHouse
09-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I had a 23 tunnel with about 750hp in it. Now that was a fun boat! :rollside:
As a result of that boat, two of my friends now have them, one with 1100 hp, and one that's nearly complete and will have about 770 hp. I miss mine when the water is smooth, because the big whale Magic cat just doesn't accelerate like that 23!
Only problem with buying a 23 is that the guy that does the gel and lays them up is inconsistent (trying to be nice here by the way). He has good days and bad days. If I ever bought another one, I'd take the time off work and be there when my boat got taped and sprayed to make sure that it got done the way I wanted it. I believe that the 29 is built by a different person and all of those seem to come out very nice.

cheetah roger
09-24-2004, 11:24 AM
I`m working on the boats, Trying to get out as many as we can, Bob, Paul or Larry are the customer reps. Order in season and yes the wait is longer, right now until April its 6 weeks and up, And it also depends on how many changes are added by the customer, Changes are good but can also delay the Boat.

shadow
09-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey Roger welcome to the boards. You guy's still owe me for the last 15 referrals..
OK now that my gel is three years old you guy's can stop using it on all of the other boats. ;) :D :boxingguy
HDD Glenn :D
Welcome Roger. :D

Stealth Marine
09-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Well then, looks like what Bob told me was 100% Wrong according to you.
Please accept my appologies for misinforming the world on your current production status. You can be sure I will check again this evening to find out where I went wrong..
As for having the time to sit on the computer and discuss boats with everyone on this forum, you can only begin to guess my amazement at even seeing you here online!
Welcome to the ***boat forum Roger!!
I hope this is the beginning of your regular participation in this forum, and not just a 1 time posting. Cheetah could use some direct representation here from one of the owners of the company.

dicudmore
09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Well then, looks like what Bob told me was 100% Wrong according to you.
Please accept my appologies for misinforming the world on your current production status. You can be sure I will check again this evening to find out where I went wrong..
As for having the time to sit on the computer and discuss boats with everyone on this forum, you can only begin to guess my amazement at even seeing you here online!
Welcome to the ***boat forum Roger!!
I hope this is the beginning of your regular participation in this forum, and not just a 1 time posting. Cheetah could use some direct representation here from one of the owners of the company.
yes they could :D
unless they'd like to start paying me for my praise, that'd be ok too :D

hot_diggity_dog
09-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Welcome Roger. :D
;) :idea: :D
Hot (What Up Shadow) :D Diggity Dog :cool:

cheetah roger
09-25-2004, 04:56 AM
We need to voice our concerns as well as listen to the customers, As to a one time thing no I will try an answer at least once a day,were still in production and need our customers happy and get there boat to them asap,As time goes I will have Paul Check in on the forum and he can also answer your ?s, He`s one of sales as well as a rigger.I would listen to him over Chris, sorry We share the same Tool maker as well as gel coaters,I havent heard of any new molds. Thanks for all the welcomes