PDA

View Full Version : I should have stayed a Lurker!

Jet Junk
10-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Up until last week I had about 22 posts and a 5 star rating. I start posting conservative, thoughtful and informative responses (or so I thought), just trying to help, and now I have 50-something posts and 3 stars. Am I just taking up space here? Have I offended someone. I've shot out several 5 star ratings, I don't mess with people's stars otherwise. Anyway, don't want to be the next RR1/001, so back to lurking. :rolleyes:

Unchained
10-05-2002, 10:30 AM
You're taking this far too serious.
For me, it's about how much can I learn from others more than what I can contribute.
What I learned at this site,
-Superdave proved me wrong and convinced me of the effectiveness of intercoolers.
-Duayne from Hi-Tech convinced me that I didn't need a droop for my boat and sold me some parts that worked the best yet.
-I learned about racing at Blarney Island and ran my boat there and had a blast.
-I learned about the races at Ottawa, Ill. and ran the boat there and had a blast.
-Learned that I never will want mechanical fuel injection or alcohol on a recreational use boat.
-Learned that a Jesel belt drive is far superior to a gear drive.
-Was able to sell some parts to people who frequent this site. The transaction went smooth and they were happy with the parts.
-I finally made up my mind on Vdrives, I'll keep my conclusion to myself.
The list goes on. Of course there is some BS here also but that's life. :D :rolleyes: :p
Mark

beyondhelpin
10-05-2002, 10:35 AM
Stars Smars dont sweat the little stuff!
Shot you a fiver!

GlastronGuy
10-05-2002, 10:52 AM
Jet Junk
Are you in the military? I spent a couple years at "Ft Swill"

comin' unscrewed
10-05-2002, 11:42 AM
If it really bothers you, turn off the rating in your profile and don't give it another thought.
Welcome, and enjoy :) !

JetBoatRich
10-05-2002, 12:10 PM
JJ for being honest you get a 5, have fun and take it to serious.
Who cares what other people think!!!

Omega21
10-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Gave you a five...now you've got 4 stars..
Todd

Bense468
10-05-2002, 01:08 PM
Maybe it is me but I don't really give 2 shits about the stars. I say screw it if you are having fun then stay on here and learn and meet new people.

shockwaveharry
10-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Unchained:
...-I finally made up my mind on Vdrives, I'll keep my conclusion to myself.
Why? Don't want to piss anyone off and loose stars? wink
Jet Junk, don't worry about the star thing, just turn it off. People can be petty and rate you a 1 cause you said you don't like fried chicken for dinner on thursdays. Stars don't mean anything. If you're a good guy it shows in what you say. :D

ROZ
10-05-2002, 05:27 PM
For choosing to be an A$$hole, I'm gonna give YOU 5 stars! :D wink

missboatnam1
10-05-2002, 05:43 PM
jj, same thing happend to me, dont sweat it, i dident think i offened anyone, but i guess i did :( well i gave ya 5 big ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Jet Junk
10-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone! I shot all of you 5 stars. It just pissed me off, cause I had 5 since the day HB put up the stars. I really made it sound worse than it is.
Glastron Guy, I am not military, seems like I'm in the minority in the 18-25 age bracket around here, being a civilian and all. Thanks all, now I will remove my SCSA avatar, since Y'all put me in a better mood LOL.....Tommy

missboatnam1
10-05-2002, 06:28 PM
good for you!!!! but i like that avatar...hee hee

Kim Hanson
10-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Don,t sweat it! They are only star,s and don,t know how you can get them back, just don't talk smack and they should stay where they are.You have a great signature.LOL...( . )( . ).... :D

Snowboat
10-05-2002, 08:08 PM
Hey Unchained: I have a Donovan Gear Drive. Why do you say a Jessel belt drive is superior? Less iron in my filter when cutting it open?

Unchained
10-06-2002, 04:15 AM
Snowboat:
Hey Unchained: I have a Donovan Gear Drive. Why do you say a Jessel belt drive is superior? Less iron in my filter when cutting it open?I got that from Racing Ray, He said that a gear drive transmits crankshaft harmonics to the valve train and that make some sense to me.
Of course I already had the gear drive in and haven't replaced it yet.

10-07-2002, 09:20 AM
Jet Junk:
Up until last week I had about 22 posts and a 5 star rating. I start posting conservative, thoughtful and informative responses (or so I thought), just trying to help, and now I have 50-something posts and 3 stars. Am I just taking up space here? Have I offended someone. I've shot out several 5 star ratings, I don't mess with people's stars otherwise. Anyway, don't want to be the next RR1/001, so back to lurking. :rolleyes: Your contributions are just as important as anyone else, thats what makes this a forum. If you have a question, please ask, if you can answer someone else's question, please answer. You seem to be a person who is polite and considerate, a quality that is rare and in very short supply. Please do not change.

Livin Large 27Hallett
10-07-2002, 12:25 PM
It is just a rating, who gives a shit what others think of you. Oh, I hope I didnt get anyone mad at me for that and they de-rate me.

Windy
10-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Dont sweat the small stuff.
MissHBjet

Rexone
10-07-2002, 02:04 PM
Shot ya a five even if ya are an a-hole...j/k. :)
Welcome JJ, don't sweat the star thing too much.